Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - <<Season 1>>

well Azadistan is the name of an actual proposed nation in Iran. i have no idea where they got taribia or moralia (moralia is a state in mexico) but they continually refer to Seilon Island in the anime as the former Sri Lanka. and the kurdis republic is obviously kurdistan, which today is part of Iraq, Turkey, and Iran.

Edited by cyde01

Seriously is it possible we can have images like that put into a spoiler window that one has to actually open up themselves? It's beyond annoying to have to sit through them loading each and everytime one wants to read a new post in a thread that happens to be on the same page as them. Or at the very least have them put up on another site like imageshak and just linked to? Or have them stick to toy threads where one expects to encounter several post filled with images?

Edited by Effect

• 2 weeks later...

Hehe...suicide bombings all over azadistan...until God Gundam descended from teh heavens. Its Celestial Being, Setsuna! Now the whole world knows you are the pilot of Exia. :p

Next episode listings. Take it as you will, maybe with a grain of salt.

Ep14 - Dawn of Determination

The meisters learn of a global military exercise that's being arranged. Even though they know it is a trap for Celestial Being, they must intervene.

Ep15 - Broken Wing

The meisters are locked in a fierce battle against almost a thousand mobile suits. In reality, the military exercise is a trap to attempt to capture all four Gundams. As the overwhelming odds stack against their favor the Gundams fine themselves cornered.

Ep16 - Trinity

Alehandro Conner, one of the watchers put in place to survey the intervention of Celestial Being looks back on results of the intervention so far.

Ep17 - Throne Assault

The crew of the Ptolemy are surprised by the appearance of the new mobile suits even they didn't know about. When the three pilots contact the Ptolemy, Sumeragi leads them to the mothership to question their true intentions.

Ep18 - Malicious Target

As the three new mobile suits go forth to destroy and disarm military installations all over the world, Setsuna begins to have doubts about their intervention actions. Meanwhile, Celestial Being's agent Wong Liumei begins her investigation into who they are.

And now the Thrones (names need to be Romanized properly so those are not the correct spellings)

CV For The Three New Charas and their MS :-

Gundam Throne Eins - Yohan Trinity/Katsuyuki Konishi

Gundam Throne Zwei - Mihaeru Trinity/Daisuke Namikawa

Gundam Throne Drei - Neena Trinity/Rie Kugimiya

Apparently, they are Triplets.

Well, the title for the 2 page spreads reads "The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit. Together, They Are One."

Based on the scan :-

Yohan is the eldest with one mole in his face. The cool headed amongst the rest to keep them in line.

Mihearu is the next in line with 2 moles on his face. The wild and crazy one.

Neena is the youngest with a mole on her shoulder. The outgoing carefree type and the most popular of the three.

just a note. the names of the gundams of celestial beings are based on the traditional christian angelic hierarchy. exia seems to be derived from the latin exousia, dynames from dunamis, kurios from kuriotes, and virtue from, well virtue. the only exception to this is nadles, which apparently means shemale in navajo. virtue and dunamis both refer to the virtues, kuriotes refers to the dominions, exousia refers to the powers, or the authorities. the thrones, while pronounced completely different from the katakana that is being used, is also one of the levels of angelic hierarchy, the one right above the virtues. thus i don't think the romanization is gonna change. the thrones, sometimes equated with the ophanim, supposedly come closest of all angels to spiritual perfection, although the highest angels in the hierarchy are the seraphim and cherubim.

it makes sense, celestial beings = angels. although angels claiming to be the Holy Trinity Itself sounds like they are setting themselves up for a fall. lucifer's fall from Heaven was a direct result of him claiming to be God.

Edited by cyde01

Downloaded all episodes available and currently watching as I have time, I'm at episode 6. I like the series so far, the storyline is interesting and has me wanting to watch more. I think my favorite Gundam is the Dynames as Lockon is by far my favorite character in the series right now, along with Graham of the Union. The action scenes are pretty nice and I'm eagerly awaiting Episode 15 if Azrael's post is correct, that episode should be all kinds of awesome. I like how each Gundam has a specialized role. This may be the first Gundam series that I will watch in its entirety.

'Still waiting for a plot, though this latest ep was rather interesting (except for how Setsuna understands where the bad guy is located: looks a bit taken by the hair IMO...) :mellow:

'Still waiting for a plot, though this latest ep was rather interesting (except for how Setsuna understands where the bad guy is located: looks a bit taken by the hair IMO...) :mellow:

I'm bothered by this as well. The show has hit the half-way point in the season and I'm not too clear about where this show is going. I'm getting a feeling for the characters but I'm not feeling a main plot for this series. Maybe something will show by the end of the season but I really want to know what they want to do this season; what they want to accomplish before they move onto the next season.

haha i get the feeling you're gonna have to keep waiting. i think they have already shown what they want to do this season, but we're all hoping and expecting it's actually gonna go somewhere else in vain. i don't even care anymore, as long as it can mildly entertain me until mac f starts.

I prefer the plot pacing in 00 than in Seed Destiny.

I guess it'll go down that Celestial Being's Veda becomes batshit crazy and wants to eliminate the whole world or something and creates autonomous gundams! The whole world is forced to rally against this new threat. ;)

I prefer the plot pacing in 00 than in Seed Destiny.

I guess it'll go down that Celestial Being's Veda becomes batshit crazy and wants to eliminate the whole world or something and creates autonomous gundams! The whole world is forced to rally against this new threat. ;)

Sounds like SRW:OG OVA plot :lol:

Somehow I lost interest on this series :mellow:

I thought they;d made the plot pretty clear, CB want's to eliminate warfare therefore they will intervene untill either they have all been destroyed or no one is fighting anymore.

I just think the whole show is one big "mankind will never stop fighting himself" lesson thing

And then, they'll introduce UC and the beginning of Dark History: 'yeah, I see what u did there'... <_<

I'm bothered by this as well. The show has hit the half-way point in the season and I'm not too clear about where this show is going. I'm getting a feeling for the characters but I'm not feeling a main plot for this series. Maybe something will show by the end of the season but I really want to know what they want to do this season; what they want to accomplish before they move onto the next season.

Exactly what I wonder myself too: I expected something big for this ep, some sort of central pivot for the whole story to evolve into... well, a plot :p But instead... :ph34r:

Someone remember when the pacing of Code Geass wrapped up? Which ep.? I've somehow the feeling it is the new standard for Sunrise at the moment: it seems they give much efforts for this new franchise than our good old Gundam... But maybe they'll try to apply to 00 what they did for Code: let's hope! :)

The proper romanizations of the new Meisters.

Nena Trinity (seiyuu: Rie Kugimiya) - Girl who pilots the Throne Drei.

Michael Trinity (Daisuke Namikawa) - Pilot of the Throne Zwei.

Johann Trinity (Katsuyuki Konishi) - Pilot of the Throne Eins.

Character designer: Yun Kouga, Gundam Throne mecha designer: Naohiro Washio

I wonder if these three Throne Gundams can merge to become Voltron, defender of the Universe... or some other such BS.

According to one of the kits coming out

they can link up via their backpacks. So i'm guessing by linking the 3, they become a quite powerful solar furnace

From the OP it does look like the "plot" that I set them up for will take place. :lol:

I just wondering if the Throne Gundams are owned by the 3 nations or by another group, later revealed to be setup by Veda as well.

am i the only one that absolutely hated the new open theme and ending theme. the ending is frickin gay, shirtless setsuna standing on the beach with a bunch of femmeisters is a little too much for me.

Edited by cyde01

The end sequence was a bit lame, the opening was typical, nothing too special.

As long as we don't start seeing Zakus, Goufs, Doms, I think this show has some hope of a decent future. But I would also like to limit the number of Gundams if possible. Some of the Meisters need to die off soon if they bring in three more machines and new pilots.

am i the only one that absolutely hated the new open theme and ending theme. i ending is frickin gay, shirtless setsuna standing on the beach with a bunch of femmeisters is a little too much for me.

Maybe. The 2nd ending theme animation was probably for the girls....

i preferred the rock of the 1st op-ed than the girly emo/j-pop of the 2nd op-ed. it took it from kinda cool to typical wack anime for me. made it seem more like they're targeting the Seed crowd.

Rumor roundup. Salt is on the table, help yourself.

From Pam's Homepage (courtesy of Gunota):

- The three Gundam Thrones combine by lining up in a row

- Their GN particles are red

- They are Celestial Being MS but from a different branch unknown to Setsuna and company

- The three pilots have been enhanced through genetic manipulation

- The Thrones have their own mothership which is equipped with a GN Drive with the same kind of red particles as they emit themselves

- Further, the mothership has a beam cannon directly linked to its GN Drive

- The three pilots are referred to collectively as Team Trinity

- The shoulder-equipped cannon on the Throne (Eins, presumably) is a GN Launcher. When two Thrones are linked, it's a GN Mega Launcher. When all three are linked, it's a GN High Mega Launcher

Rumors from the studio in China:

-The Trinity are from a different branch of CB located in Jupiter.

-They brought along a 180 metre long cannon which requires all 3 of their MS to be connected in ordered to be armed and fired.

-All three of them are "Specially Engineered" CB.

-Eins requires itself to be connected to Drei to fully powered up it's cannon

-The entire crew consist of just them along with that mini Psyco Halo.

-The Trinity has different views regarding the intervention of war.

-A certain old fart will be the first to sacrifice to the Thrones.

-Setsuna will have his first kiss taken by force.

Setup for the next big battle next episode. Apparently ep 15 will see CB's 1s defeat?

They were walking into a trap and they knew it. The 3 factions basically wore down the Meisters with missile and artillery barrages. That's how they got them all. Except for Exia. He met a mobile armor. But the Thrones come in and save our Meisters' asses. So expect another set of Gundams pwning all of the factions in episode 16.

• 2 weeks later...

Ep 17, + my theories.

From ep 17 we now know that CB 1 (Exia and gang) are just a cover up for schloenberg's grand plan which does not involve the eradication of war. But perhaps the eradication of earth and to form "Newtypes" with a new government. The Jupiter mission was a failure and they purposely left behind the purple Haro....but the ppl who found it formed CB 2, the Gundam Throne meisters. But these ppl are also pawns in the end.

How will this turn out that encompasses into season 2, one can only imagine. Perhaps Schloenberg/Char and gang have already formed a newtype/coordinator colony on Jupiter ready to bring Earth to its knees.