Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - <<Season 1>>

They are wearing the same space suits. Lets not forget that Ming offered her support to Nena and her brothers. She is who Nena would have gone to after after they were killed as well. That scene was about the 0 Gundam and CB and they were all shown so it only makes sense they are together.

I do think the Innovators will be the antagonist but that doesn't mean as a result CB will be cased in the light of being the "good" guys resisting against the big bad Federation. I always looked at CB as being the bad guys since they were the ones starting the fighting. The three super powers were simply defending themselves against CB which were the aggressors. CB might have a noble objective but that doesn't make them "good".

It seems to me more like the federation was formed, but a TITANS-esque group (Innovators?) really controls the federation from behind the shadows. In most gundam shows the feddies are always manipulated by the whims of some extremist group. Even in SEED the feds were controlled by Blue Cosmos.

CB has been developing anti-gundam tech because Aeolia probably knows about the other faction (Corner family, which is also being manipulated by unknown) and now preparing for a counter attack on the false rulers of humanity.

I think that since a united government was CB's goal, that instead of fighting the Feds and risking its dissolution, that Cb will work from within it as well to help shed light on Livonze's operation, and hopefully draw him out. Obviously, CB will still have some kind of offensive force though, since we already know they have at least 2 units that are up to par; with Oh probably being a functional relic. There's evidence of this in Regene wearing that Fed uniform from the epilogue montage.

So I just finished the last episode, fun to watch but overall left me feeling "eh". Corner busting out that uber Gundam and then Graham coming in outta left field just didn't feel right. It felt like "okay its the end of the season, everyone has to die or suffer debilitating injuries and everything blows up".

Also I'm a bit confused

So Lechty is revealed as an android or cyborg and i assume Tiera and Livonze are too. So what's the deal? So now we have this cabal of androids controlling the new Earth Federation and now we have to old cliche or man vs machine. Also if androids and robotics are in such an advances state, why doesn't Louise get a mechanical hand replacement a la Star Wars

I do like the new relationship revealed between Allelujah and Soma Peries.

So I just finished the last episode, fun to watch but overall left me feeling "eh". Corner busting out that uber Gundam and then Graham coming in outta left field just didn't feel right. It felt like "okay its the end of the season, everyone has to die or suffer debilitating injuries and everything blows up".

Also I'm a bit confused

So Lechty is revealed as an android or cyborg and i assume Tiera and Livonze are too. So what's the deal? So now we have this cabal of androids controlling the new Earth Federation and now we have to old cliche or man vs machine. Also if androids and robotics are in such an advances state, why doesn't Louise get a mechanical hand replacement a la Star Wars

I do like the new relationship revealed between Allelujah and Soma Peries.

While I agree it was kind of strange to see someone who spent the whole show in the background, just BAM show up in a super robot, but all in all I felt the finale was fantastic.

Also, Lichty was a cyborg. He was badly injured in the attack where he lost his parents, and is 40% prosthetic. And all we know about Tieria, is that he is an 'artificial human' which could be android, or biological synthetic or something of that nature. It's possible that the cybernetic components require some kind of biologic connection; so stem cells could be required for the process to go smoothly, and we all know that Louise's are borked. Another possibility, is that only CB has cybernetics so advanced, though that doesn't make much sense.

You see GN-0 in episode 1 where it saves the day and became Setsuna's saviour. :lol:

00 isn't character driven and it feels very much plot driven actually since it doesn't seem to have a main character. Some characters should've gotten more spotlight than others like instead of Patrick, show us more Graham. >_<

I still wonder what was so great about Nadleeh's trial system and why was it such a trump card for CB. Now that Ribbons has the tech, could he probably control the whole UN's peacekeeping forces with it? Dyname's ability to fire into space from earth was also not used after it was revealed, and Tiera and co. were bitching about how their trump cards are being exposed.

Well to be fair CB's plans did go to poo, so the trump cards would probably have been utilized had things gone according to plan.

While I agree it was kind of strange to see someone who spent the whole show in the background, just BAM show up in a super robot, but all in all I felt the finale was fantastic.

Also, Lichty was a cyborg. He was badly injured in the attack where he lost his parents, and is 40% prosthetic. And all we know about Tieria, is that he is an 'artificial human' which could be android, or biological synthetic or something of that nature. It's possible that the cybernetic components require some kind of biologic connection; so stem cells could be required for the process to go smoothly, and we all know that Louise's are borked. Another possibility, is that only CB has cybernetics so advanced, though that doesn't make much sense.

Ah, now that you mention it, I think I recall them going over that about Lichty. So in the preview for Season 2, is that Graham with the metal face mask? And is that Alejandro they show drinking as well? Man, some folk just can't die.

Ah, now that you mention it, I think I recall them going over that about Lichty. So in the preview for Season 2, is that Graham with the metal face mask? And is that Alejandro they show drinking as well? Man, some folk just can't die.

Yes its graham.

No, that's Ali. :p

• 2 weeks later...

Bandai had better advertise the hell out of this series. That was one of their major mistakes with the other series they brought over after Wing. Not only that but Gundam 00 has the feel and potential to reach Wing levels in popularity in North America I think if they do it correctly.

Meaning they will release their merchandise int he US? Dont they do that with their kits anyway?

Meaning that the series will be released in the US. Gundam merchandise is a flop in the states. The only reliable place to get merchandise like model kits is at a hobby shop...not like ToysRUs or Kaybee's like when Wing made waves on CN almost 8 years ago.

i thought that after wing blew up a lot of the gundam series after that were getting released in the US? i don't really pay attention to gundam so i was just assuming. didn't seed get a US release?

i thought that after wing blew up a lot of the gundam series after that were getting released in the US? i don't really pay attention to gundam so i was just assuming. didn't seed get a US release?

SEED, SEED-Destiny, G, etc. But current Gundam series aren't doing as well in the US (unlike Canada, which is actually re-airing GSD again). So it's gonna be interesting how 00 is going to do in the US, considering how marketing anime in the US is currently in a period of financial hardships at the moment.

I recall an interview of the Bandai CEO who said that, in whole, Gundam does poorly outside of Japan

But it's far worse in France than in the US: we have neither G, First (at least the TV series), Z (TV series or movies) or Apocalypse 0079; even for 0083 we just got the The Last Blitz of Zeon movie, a.k.a. "the best way to sink a great anime" <_<

We do have a lot of mangas though: The Origin, Ecole du Ciel, Seed, G-Unit, Wing (sh!tload of them: prequel and sequel as well as the main series, and Endless Waltz too), Blue Destiny, and even the etchi parody Kinpatsua (which I didn't now until I did this quick research...)

So I finally got around to finishing season 1 of gundam 00. I have to admit it got better past the middle of the season. One thing that bugs me though is about the Setsuma character and his guerrilla/terrorist background. I felt that having him "brainwashed" by Ali al saachez was a bit of a cop out. I would felt more strongly for his redemption story arc if he had been a willing even eager child solider. It certainly would not have been the first time neighbors willingly turned on each other when the political situation changed.

So I finally got around to finishing season 1 of gundam 00. I have to admit it got better past the middle of the season. One thing that bugs me though is about the Setsuma character and his guerrilla/terrorist background. I felt that having him "brainwashed" by Ali al saachez was a bit of a cop out. I would felt more strongly for his redemption story arc if he had been a willing even eager child solider. It certainly would not have been the first time neighbors willingly turned on each other when the political situation changed.

Depends how you view brainwashing as since its more or less the same with what you want. Setsuna being the young impressionable child soldier got pulled into an adult's war and given ideas of a "God" that would reward his work and end his living hell. He was definately an eager and willing child soldier (although misguided, like most are) and killed his parents and people in the name of God....that when he finally realised the "mistake", guilt overwhelms him. Where is God?

He is Gundam! :lol:

ive just gotten up to the episodes introducoing the 3 thrones. Im not keen on the deigns for them at all; a little to over the top compared to the sleek lined of the main 4 machines.

i DO like the MS's that were created to fight against them. i didnt here what they were called, but they're white, have GN drives and are p[iloted by the white haired girl and the scarred colonel guy.

ive just gotten up to the episodes introducoing the 3 thrones. Im not keen on the deigns for them at all; a little to over the top compared to the sleek lined of the main 4 machines.

i DO like the MS's that were created to fight against them. i didnt here what they were called, but they're white, have GN drives and are p[iloted by the white haired girl and the scarred colonel guy.

GN-X. They look like Appleseed landmates.

Gundams are all generally good, I like the individual traits of the Dynames, Kyrios and Exia, but I hate Virtue and Nadleeh.

I'm still wondering where this story is going to go though. Still not enough information on most of the Celestial Being crew.

I'm still wondering where this story is going to go though. Still not enough information on most of the Celestial Being crew.

Of course...you only have 2...3 crew members of Ptolmey to think about now. And only 3 of the Fab 4 meisters to think about.

Of course...you only have 2...3 crew members of Ptolmey to think about now. And only 3 of the Fab 4 meisters to think about.

True. But that Wang Liu Mei, she is one weird nut. I wonder what the story with her is, and why she has such a faithful companion.

The Jupiter mission I am interested in too.

Watched the end last night. I liked it, though i was sad to see a lot of the characters go. i liked Lockon, so its a shame he is gone, though i suspect his twin brother will take his place. i liked Alleluias schitzophrenia, so it's a shame that element is gone, though watching him be 'whole' was pretty cool.

Also the last scene confused me...Was it a flashback, or a hint of something to come? And was that Louise behind the former Princesses aid?

Also the last scene confused me...Was it a flashback, or a hint of something to come? And was that Louise behind the former Princesses aid?

It's a preview of things in season 2. And we're not sure who Louise was behind. According to the director, it definitely wasn't Tieria.

It's a preview of things in season 2. And we're not sure who Louise was behind. According to the director, it definitely wasn't Tieria.

The ending credits gave her name and the name of the voice actor (that did the hmmmph)....its definately a girl and not Tiera.

I got chills when they showed the GN-0. That looks like an

RX-78

retrofitted with a Solar furnace.

The are several "million" dollar questions about these cliffhangers in episode 25 though......

Who's gonna pilot it (GN-0)? Especially with the assumed death of Lockon Stratos.

And whose Solar Furnace is used in GN-0's, since Exia's is with the GN-00?

AND also what about the three other solar furnaces (Dynames, Kyrios, Virtue/Nadleeh), which were all jettisoned by the pilots of the respective M.S.es?

Plus the "fake" solar furnace of Nena's Gundam, which presumably in the custody of the Chinese girl's group?

Well there's Lockons twin brother Lyle. Though i think he's a robot or a clone or something. In the flashback from when Lockon was a kid, u never see his brother, and when he is lookign at the destruction that killed his family his brother isnt there either. So I think it's a cklone or soemthing.

Anyway.

i didnt think they were going to use the 0. Werent they taking its solar reactor off to put on the 00?

i didnt think they were going to use the 0. Werent they taking its solar reactor off to put on the 00?

Yep. But it didn't fit so they thought they would try Exia's (hint hint on who's probably gonna pilot 00). <_<