Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - <<Season 1>>

No - the problem is, why exactly am I rooting for CB? They say that they want world peace, but we know absolutely nothing about them nor do we know how they plan to bring this world peace about. How is their plan to bring about world peace going to actually cause people to stop fighting? They've got some masterplan, but we don't know anything about how this plan is supposed to work except that it involves them attacking a bunch of different locations. In fact, we only know one thing about the plan because Sumeragi mentions in one episode that an incredibly large number of people are going to die in the process of accomplishing the plan.

Either i'm missing something or you're off into another tangent. But good points though. You'll have to forgive me as i forgot alot of names and terms since its been awhile.

AFAIK, Sumeragi only knows the one plan. World peace. People are going to die, is due to this plan not some clandestine plan that wasn't revealed yet.

So why exactly should I care what Setsuna, Sumeragi, and the others are trying to accomplish? If anything, there seems to be a pretty strong indication that I should want them to be stopped as soon as possible BEFORE they have a chance to cause all of the deaths that Sumeragi has predicted.

And then Eifmann goes and throws a spanner in the works when he realizes that the goal of the plan isn't what it has been announced to be, and is murdered before he can reveal the actual goal (i.e. killed in a fashion very reminiscent of the oft-mocked death scene of South Burning in Gundam 0083).

So in short, as of the end of season one we know only one thing about CB's master plan - a whole lot of people are going to die for reasons that we don't understand at this time.

I had the impression that Eifman found out about Allejandro's plan, who was in turn aligned with the clone guys. (forgot what they were called) I don't think there's any other MASTER plan for CB other than "Aeolia's plan for true world peace" and "Allejandro's plan to conquer earth under his banner" who is actually being used by "Clone Guys who wanna form Earth Federation for something not revealed yet". Eifman found out Allejandro's plans then quickly got dispatched by team Trinity.

There was more information revealed in the side story mangas on what happened during the Jupiter expedition apparently and how CB broke into the pure CB and the Corner faction.

The single biggest flaw of the series is that it seems to be based around offering vague hints that a huge revelation is just around the corner and will turn up any episode now while not actually offering any such thing and in fact only continuing to drop more and more vague hints that never seem to actually pan out.

I dunno....i'd say it creates suspense so isn't necessarily a bad thing.

This idea has been repeatedly pointed out during the series to be rather impractical due to the simple constraint that you can only have four Gundams in so many places at the same time. Sumeragi's a master strategist and hence would have to know this. So she must have something else in mind. And as I mentioned above, Eifmann realized right before he was killed that the stated goal of CB wasn't what CB was actually striving for (something about the connection between the old Jupiter colony and CB's GN Drives tipped him off, though in typical Gundam 00 fashion we have no idea why the connection was important in understanding CB).

The series also demonstrated that the goal that you state for CB is more or less impossible for another reason as well. During the desert arc the superpowers set up a trap for CB, and would have captured or destroyed all four Gundams if it hadn't been for the intervention of the Thrones (who weren't really members of CB). In that arc, the series demonstrated that the superpowers were capable of taking down the Gundams with the proper preparation before the introduction of the GN-X.

They don't have to be omni present. They just have to scare ppl into submission. Its just like say, its impossible to eradicate crime in the world cause you only have so many police. But because there ARE police, less people are committing crimes than when there aren't any police. In 00 they mentioned world conflicts have been reduced by 60-70% after CB's interventions. The only ones left was the cold war between the 3 major nations.

And they did NEARLY achieved world peace....until Allejandro came about and offered free GN drives to the world. People would've argue they would've lost if not for the Thrones, but who knows, maybe TRANS-AM would've activated then. And even if CB lost, it seems the world was united against their common enemy, the CB and in effect some form of peace was already formed.

====================================================

Summary:

1.) There are now two main forces at work. Aeolia's CB, and clone guys.

2.) Aeolia's plans is genuinely world peace, as stated by his auto-eulogy, but he is aware of the dissent within CB and has come up with some counter measures, one of them TRANS-AM and another the Gundam 00 and also anti-gundam weaponry.

3.) Clone guys want the world united under them to form Earth Federation. But why? Wage war against spacenoids? (highly possibly that there already are spacenoids in 00. Seems CB has bases on some planets)

4.) Allejandro Corner was used by Clone Guys for their own aims.

5.) CB now is preparing to stop Clone Guys and the new EF in doing whatever their plan is. CB has became AEUG and EF is TITANS if you will.

No - the problem is, why exactly am I rooting for CB? They say that they want world peace, but we know absolutely nothing about them nor do we know how they plan to bring this world peace about. How is their plan to bring about world peace going to actually cause people to stop fighting? They've got some masterplan, but we don't know anything about how this plan is supposed to work except that it involves them attacking a bunch of different locations. In fact, we only know one thing about the plan because Sumeragi mentions in one episode that an incredibly large number of people are going to die in the process of accomplishing the plan.

Actually that's not true. Celestial Beings plan was to cause the world to unite by prsesnting them with a threat that the nations could not face alone. By interveneing against multiple enemies on multiple fronts, they caused everyone to set aside their differences and focus on them. And moreover, they are at least partially successful, since the world has a united government at the end, or at least a strong union of governments.

So why exactly should I care what Setsuna, Sumeragi, and the others are trying to accomplish? If anything, there seems to be a pretty strong indication that I should want them to be stopped as soon as possible BEFORE they have a chance to cause all of the deaths that Sumeragi has predicted.

That's what hooked me in; You're right we SHOULD want them to be stopped on some level. They are the terrorists of the story, they are the BAD guys on a lot of levels, no matter their reasons for being so.

And then Eifmann goes and throws a spanner in the works when he realizes that the goal of the plan isn't what it has been announced to be, and is murdered before he can reveal the actual goal (i.e. killed in a fashion very reminiscent of the oft-mocked death scene of South Burning in Gundam 0083).

So in short, as of the end of season one we know only one thing about CB's master plan - a whole lot of people are going to die for reasons that we don't understand at this time.

Not true, as stated above: Unite the world against them. In one of the later episodes when they are being attacked, Sumeragai says something along the lines of it being expected that this is what it would come too.

The single biggest flaw of the series is that it seems to be based around offering vague hints that a huge revelation is just around the corner and will turn up any episode now while not actually offering any such thing and in fact only continuing to drop more and more vague hints that never seem to actually pan out.

There are a lot of clues there, but yes no answers yet. BUT, keep in mindwe have only seen half the series.

This idea has been repeatedly pointed out during the series to be rather impractical due to the simple constraint that you can only have four Gundams in so many places at the same time. Sumeragi's a master strategist and hence would have to know this. So she must have something else in mind. And as I mentioned above, Eifmann realized right before he was killed that the stated goal of CB wasn't what CB was actually striving for (something about the connection between the old Jupiter colony and CB's GN Drives tipped him off, though in typical Gundam 00 fashion we have no idea why the connection was important in understanding CB).

I again disagree. Yes, they only have four Gundams, but early on (Before the Azadistan intervention i think) it's stated that they have made over 60 interventions in only a few months. I get the impression the mesiters dont get a heap of downtime. Also its the arguement about the army or police; they cant be everywhere at once, but they may show up and catch u, so u should be careful anyway. Because CB went after a lot of different groups at different times for differing reasons, the world had cause to worry.

The series also demonstrated that the goal that you state for CB is more or less impossible for another reason as well. During the desert arc the superpowers set up a trap for CB, and would have captured or destroyed all four Gundams if it hadn't been for the intervention of the Thrones (who weren't really members of CB). In that arc, the series demonstrated that the superpowers were capable of taking down the Gundams with the proper preparation before the introduction of the GN-X.

Yes, but it took a united effort of the world governments to do so. which was part of the plan for CB.

There have been series that completely ignored this plot. Wing and G, both of which aired in the US, went with something completely different. Wing went with the "guerilla special forces mecha pilots" route, while the goofy G had the Gundam tournaments. SEED went back to the old UC formula, but that was due to an intention to follow the general outline of the MSG plotline (at least until the Alaska arc).

True, but im missing the connection to the other stuff u are saying.

There was more information revealed in the side story mangas on what happened during the Jupiter expedition apparently and how CB broke into the pure CB and the Corner faction.

Which is intertesting n all, but i should have to read side stories to get the whole tale. The series should stand on its own.

Wolfx actually said a lot of other stuff i agree with too :)

Actually that's not true. Celestial Beings plan was to cause the world to unite by prsesnting them with a threat that the nations could not face alone. By interveneing against multiple enemies on multiple fronts, they caused everyone to set aside their differences and focus on them. And moreover, they are at least partially successful, since the world has a united government at the end, or at least a strong union of governments.

I actually wonder about this. Initially even the meisters seem confused that if this was part of Aeolia's plan, their destruction at the hands of the united earth. To be the common enemy of the nations so that they will unite. But I tend to think , no. Because that would mean the world is still at war. At war with Celestial Being.

I think that Aeolia's plan would've come to fruition if not for the Corner Faction's tampering and the appearance of the Gundam Thrones since the 3 nations decided to call it quits until Allejandro provided them with the GN-drive-Taus. The 4 Gundam Meisters might or might not be killed in the process since there seems to be a TRANS-AM system that wasn't revealed at the time.

The Trans Am was a Plan B. if something happened they couldnt overcome before the plan came to fruition, or if the station was threatened, then the TA systems were unlocked. It meant that Veda had been compromised and he would have to give more power to the Meisters themselves, who are isolated from that part of the overall plan.

The Meisters are never confused about their part in the plan; Alleluiah says something early on about being destinied to die as a Meister for their dream. Sumeragai certainly knows thats where it was heading. Part of the problem with the traitors was that it accelerated the plans that had been so carefully laid out by Aeolia. Luckily, he had anticipated it, and introduced trans am to help counter that threat.

• 3 weeks later...

I just finshed watching Gundam 00. I am not sure if this was asked before, but Tieria's voice sounds exactly like Mikhail Buran's.

Is the same voice actor doing the voices for both Gundam's Tieria and Macross F's Mikhail? ^_^

Lockon is dead for sure. The way he went out pretty much made that clear. However Graham being dead could easily be that Graham as we know him is dead and he's going by a new name. We did after all see him after the time skip wearing the mask. So we have to look at the two situations differently.

Lockon is dead for sure. The way he went out pretty much made that clear. However Graham being dead could easily be that Graham as we know him is dead and he's going by a new name. We did after all see him after the time skip wearing the mask. So we have to look at the two situations differently.

Good point.

I thought that was him, but wasn't sure, especially after I read Mizushima's statement. I guess in his final battle, the man formerly known as Graham could have died, to be replaced by whoever he will call himself in season 2. Maybe "Darth Flag"

;)

If that's truly the case on the second part, and not just

a change of name for Graham

then I'll be truly disappointed, after some interesting character building, they would just discard him is a bit unbelievable.

I think one of the problems possibly with Gundam 00 might be that in season one they had too many interesting characters, and they did a good job of developing all of them to some extent that there wasn't as much focus on Setsuna, who by contrast wasn't quite as interesting in the beginning...

The 00 looks better in motion there than it did in stills. It looked like the GN drives on the shoulders were facing back, then turned out as it came to a stop.

Thrust-vectoring, or some people call it thruster-vectoring. :unsure::)