Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - <<Season 1>>

Hey guys, on average, how long does it take Anonymous to sub their titles? I liked their take on Gundam 00 but they are only on episode 2 so far.

I watched the first episode and I am impressed. I had no idea Exia's armblade could fold back to reveal a gun. Allelujah has potential to become annoying. I like the mecha designs a lot, especially Exia. Looking forward to the rest of this series.

I think that's cause most of us are waiting for mendoi's sub.

oops my bad, i forgot that the one i watched wasn't subbed in english. is mendoi better than menclave? they have a sub of ep 8 out now. i never pay attention to the subs.

Edited by cyde01

oops my bad, i forgot that the one i watched wasn't subbed in english. is mendoi better than menclave? they have a sub of ep 8 out now. i never pay attention to the subs.

Menclave = Mendoi + Conclave.

;)

Anyway ep 8....Setsuna is an idiot....and like the only guy that may jeopardise everyone. Why did he had to reveal himself? :rolleyes:

wow i kno i'm double posting but is no one else on mw following this series!!? lol i like this series more than most but no one seems interested!! episode 8 had it's good points but also some minor disappointments for me.

i wish the international terrorist organization would have had a prolonged conflict with cb, and that would become one of the main plot points of the entire series. unfortunately, the terrorist organization had it's buttocks handed to them rather easily in one episode, bringing us back to square one with no advancement in the plot. imo a terrorist network powerful enough to globally launch a simultaneous attack in so many different areas should take years of intelligence and counter-terrorist activity to bring down, rather than 1 day of attacks by mobile suits.

Well we don't know for sue that's over, right?

And yes Setsuna is a huge pillock, If Tiera had been there he'd have had a fit! :lol:

And let's have a show of hands from the cast members please, Does anyone here not have a dark past...

i like that setsuna's an idiot. :lol: it makes sense plot wise seeing as how he was a

freedom fighter/terrorist at an incredibly young age and presumably killed his parents as part of recruitment.

people who have extremely dark childhoods like that tend to be very irrational, hence setsuna's dumb behavior. setsuna obviously still holds a lot of bitterness towards

azadistan.

oops. i thot everyone knew that much already.

Edited by cyde01

Well we don't know for sue that's over, right?

And yes Setsuna is a huge pillock, If Tiera had been there he'd have had a fit! :lol:

And let's have a show of hands from the cast members please, Does anyone here not have a dark past...

Well nothing much you could do if you declare war on the whole world like but lack the tech, funding, and support that CB does. You're sure to get your a** owned. This just serves as a reminder to would-be terrorists that big brother is watching....and if anyone else attempts something similar, they're dead meat. I think this episode shows what CB intends to achieve.... where countries start accepting them as custodians/guardians of some kind, although being used. But like the civvie kid said....there might be an ulterior motive to CB's plans.

And about dark pasts....lol i guess Veda purposefully chose those who were directly affected by wars/terrorism and have enough hate for them as part of its selection criteria. Just like in Claymore where the organization picks orphan girls whose family are killed by Youma to train them up as Claymores. Also in Shana where Flame Haze were contracted for their hate for Tomogara.

Keith, just get Bitlord, it's a decent program with no intrusive crap and you can search for what you want from inside the program itself. B))

Meh, don't trust torrent software, probably never will. I'm waiting for regular FTP downloads to make a big comeback :)

Don't know what I'm supposed to think about this latest episode but this sure begins to become boring and repetitive: basically, until now, every episode shows first a war/conflict/whatever_situation_where_people_fight_each_other_with_military_forces and second the CB coming in to make everyone agree that they're the boss...

Did I miss something somewhere, such like... a plot?

Oh, and I agree that Setsuna looks more and more like a moron, Veda on the other hand looks more and more stupid to have hired such unbalanced people for an ütter important goal and the rest of the cast (whatever side they are in...) seems to be here for extras only: the probabilities of this show being a Wing clone increase at every new episode in a rather preoccupying way...

When will Macross F begin to air already? :p

Veda is one part of this series that I do not like at all. This fortune telling computer is somehow supposed to know exactly the right people for piloting the Gundams and the exact time and place that conflicts and acts of terrorism are supposed to occur. Uhm, sure.<_<

I agree that the action is getting repetitive and the Gundams dominate too much. That is why I was so excited when I saw episode 7 when it appeared that

a new foe was emerging that could not be beaten by sheer technological superiority alone. I was hoping that this would force the Gundam meisters to adopt a new strategy rather than the same old show up to the battlefield and annihilate method.

Of course, episode 8 revealed that I was wrong. When the story finally

breaks away from the Gundam annihilating all opponents arc

is when we'll finally be able to put this series to the test. At the moment, I am completely content with having a lot of character development as opposed to plot, but that won't last for long.

Edited by cyde01

The director, Seiji Mizushima, has already mentioned that the Gundams are super robots compared to everybody else's MS. They can take out armies without much of a thought. So get use to the dominating battles.

yeah but they need some kind of competition or else you get no show. even wing had its epyon(sp), talgeese, etc.

As overkill as some of these gundams in 00 are, I don't think they are as bad as in Wing. A buster rifle that destroys entire formations of mecha like on the Wing 1? That was part of the reason I thought Gundam Wing was overrated.

Anyways guys I am itching to get more episodes since Anonymous is still working on episode 3. What are the other better avi fansub group alternatives?

For you mac users irritated at mkv's, here is a free conversion tool I found.

Do you guys think Exxia will get upgraded as the series goes on? I actually like it as it is.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

As overkill as some of these gundams in 00 are, I don't think they are as bad as in Wing. A buster rifle that destroys entire formations of mecha like on the Wing 1? That was part of the reason I thought Gundam Wing was overrated.

Anyways guys I am itching to get more episodes since Anonymous is still working on episode 3. What are the other better avi fansub group alternatives?

For you mac users irritated at mkv's, here is a free conversion tool I found.

Do you guys think Exxia will get upgraded as the series goes on? I actually like it as it is.

I'm sticking with Mendoi/Conclave. They release 3 formats (much to their whining). Avi, Mkv widescreen and mkv regular.

Exia upgrade? I think so will the rest. You definately need to sell more model kits as the show progresses. It'll probably get either more blades, a beam rifle of sorts, and a bigger beam saber attached to the shield. There was a MSV version of the Exia that i posted few pages back.

Does anyone else think that Virtue actually has a "Hyper mode" where it can shed all that extra bulk and become super fast and stuff?

I'm sticking with Mendoi/Conclave. They release 3 formats (much to their whining). Avi, Mkv widescreen and mkv regular.

Exia upgrade? I think so will the rest. You definately need to sell more model kits as the show progresses. It'll probably get either more blades, a beam rifle of sorts, and a bigger beam saber attached to the shield. There was a MSV version of the Exia that i posted few pages back.

Does anyone else think that Virtue actually has a "Hyper mode" where it can shed all that extra bulk and become super fast and stuff?

Thanks man, I've seen Mendoi's stuff before, its good, did not know they were doing avi anymore until you linked me. ^_^

Need to look into which Exxia is better, the MSIA or HCMpro. Exxia is one of the more unique designs I've seen in recent years.

They could always blow up Exia by the end of the season....Season 2 starts in October 2008....This season will end around April. Plenty of time to blow up a Gundam and push out a new one.

I prefer they blow up the Virtue first, followed by Kyrios, Dynames and finally Exia :ph34r:

So what group seems to have the best subs out? I don't want a link or anything, but a name would be nice since Animesuki lists a ton of groups.

I kinda hope they change their minds and run the series straight through since it will more than likely take a full year to show the series anyway. That is unless they do what Seed did and make two series.

Edited by protostar8

Just search for Gundam 00 on Animesuki and you should see listing of everybody who's working on it. Some people like Mendoi's. Some like Nyoro's after a better translator started helping them.

And no, they have not changed their minds. Season 1 will end around April with Season 2 beginning in October 2008. At this point, it is set in stone. Period.

Concerning Ep. 9...

CB is getting pwned...

:lol:

Kinda dissapointed with epi. 9 , slow paced battle and what the hell is wrong with

Kyrios diving through a mine field

Since I'm currently re-watching Zeta Gundam right now, I give this episode 6/10 :blink:

Well, they did say Virtue would be showing-off some hidden features. It won't be surprising if all that bulk was just armor.

And 00 isn't that bad....yet. And it's not GSD bad (i.e. too much marketing, not enough story)...yet. It is somewhat Wing-like but we have yet to see where this show is going.

Well Celestial Being's missions has worked! 60 interventions and worldwide conflict has already dropped. But HRL wants to be the one to capture Gundams. Episode 9 was awesome as two strategists try to outsmart each other. Sumeragi has made an error and now its up to the Meisters to save everyone.

Exciting! But the pink tieren is bugging me to no end. >_<

Exciting! But the pink tieren is bugging me to no end. >_<

Agreed, everything about the grunts in this show was so realistic, up until that. I don't understand why Sergei would allow a brightly colored machine to be deployed, even if they're supposed to be test colors. It's putting an awful lot of faith in Soma not to get thrashed.

Then again, its Gundam, lol.