Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - <<Season 1>>

But no, it HAS TO BE a Super-Girly-Feminine-Pretty-Boy. Damn anime fetish! When will I come across a GOOD anime of this current generation that does not have that blatant gender-bending fetish!? WHEN!?!?

*looks at clock* How long do you plan on waiting?

With a name like Allelujah Haptism piloting a Gundam named Kyrios, do we have a religious pilot in this show? Not too familliar w/ all the various incarnations and discounting the fact that nearly everyone who pilots Gundams seems to be a philosophy major, but has that been done in a Gundam show before?

I'll reserve judgement until actually watching but I bet I'll prefer the normal mech battles rather than the 'super robot vs cannon fodder' that these shows are so fond of. Can't wait to hear what Kawai has in store for our ears tho!

• 2 weeks later...
MSG00 flag ship the Ptolemaios, Mospeada anyone :mellow:

Wow, for once a recent Gundam capital ship that doesn't look like ass. The last ship designs that didn't look like a big block of soap I felt were from waay back in the days of the Ra Kailum, Albion, Ahgama, Crossbone Vanguard. The worst example was that big Zaft carrier, the Gondwana. Other than that, most of the SEED ships didn't really make any impression on me. I'm glad it looks like they're changing things up this time.

The ship also appears to have 4 disconnecting units that could be either the individual MS' transports (probable) or even Gun Barrell/DRAGOON style units (unlikely).

Also, if you haven't seen it yet, here's DChoo's video of the 3rd Trailer from C3. The animation does look great, hopefully it reflects what the shows style will be and not just the OP/ED stuff.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uBvYQzt7P0M

• 2 weeks later...
I read the same thing on ANN. Are they doing this to make sure that the show's creators don't burn themselves out making a 50 eps series?

Is it got something to do with the show air slot? I heard that the air slot for the show is not very popular due to recent anime show, so if the airing of 00 doesn't improve the rating of the slot, the next 25 episode will be shown in different air time.

Is it got something to do with the show air slot? I heard that the air slot for the show is not very popular due to recent anime show, so if the airing of 00 doesn't improve the rating of the slot, the next 25 episode will be shown in different air time.

I think if they do 25 eps first season, North America network might be more willing to bring the show out of Asia.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not a fan of the ending theme. SEED's themes and the OP theme were more to my liking...

I'll give it some time. First episodes are given more attention that the rest so I'll wait for Sunrise to slip up. But considering they they are splitting this series into 2 seasons, I'll reserve judgment until season 1 ends.

I rather liked the show, though the OP and ED themes didn't interest me much. The animation was smooth, though admittedly poor in less important scenes, and the Gundams seemed like they actually had to fight for once. The fodder enemy mecha seemed like they were actually resiliant instead of just explosions waiting to happen. The characters are all kind of bland right now, and it feels like there should have been more exposition, but hopefully they will become more fleshed out as time goes by. All that said, I enjoyed it and look forward to the how it will turn out.

Here's a first sub:

Speed sub...yeh those are fun to watch. Missed a line at the end, misspelled "Ptolemaios" (read "Butremos"), sounds like they missed "Linear catapult" in the scene of Kyrios launching, and they can't spell "Geez". <_<

Speed sub...yeh those are fun to watch. Missed a line at the end, misspelled "Ptolemaios" (read "Butremos"), sounds like they missed "Linear catapult" in the scene of Kyrios launching, and they can't spell "Geez". <_<
Yeah, big time. Had to release a second version with some fixes.

Was good for the impatient (like me), but I'll wait until the more formal subbed versions are out to save and burn to DVD.

I'm in Brussels, Belgium where they limit the download bulk, so I'm waiting for a more accurate sub. Mendoi is pretty reputable.

I'll have to rely on the good folks here to review those subs before I put out precious and expensive bandwidth. :)

Lol, I downloaded this and checked that the video/audio codecs were able

to play back on my standalone dvd player. To my astonishment I didn't see

anything, so I checked video again and sure enough the resolution is to high...

H264, vorbis, vfr, overscan, container formats and now resolutions. God, I miss

the days were one could download, burn and watch the fansubs immediately...

Well it wasn't bad for a quickie, they admit too needing to redo to fix errors, still....for what's in this episode, I actually feel like I wanna watch this Gundam series. It doesn't reallycontain the typical aspects of Gundam...no ones tried to steal a Gundam, there wasn't any of that high and mighty "I'm going to kill you" or "OMIGOD! HE'S MY CHILDHOOD FRIEND FROM ELEMENTARY SCHOOL! I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM IN 3 YEARS!" BS.

Well it wasn't bad for a quickie, they admit too needing to redo to fix errors, still....for what's in this episode, I actually feel like I wanna watch this Gundam series. It doesn't reallycontain the typical aspects of Gundam...no ones tried to steal a Gundam, there wasn't any of that high and mighty "I'm going to kill you" or "OMIGOD! HE'S MY CHILDHOOD FRIEND FROM ELEMENTARY SCHOOL! I HAVEN'T SEEN HIM IN 3 YEARS!" BS.

Speaking of which, I'm still getting a Wing-vibe.

Speaking of which, I'm still getting a Wing-vibe.

Ditto. And I'd hate to judge a show from a single episode, but so far, it's shaping up to be my least favorite since Wing. <_<

The animation, like SEED, was flashy, but I'm not sure what's actually going on, and we know next to nothing about the characters. I'd expect that to be remedied as the series goes on, but it still strikes me as of poor story-telling when, instead of giving us a main character and a hook, they overload us with characters we're not likely to remember next week and a vague "WTF?" feeling.

Frankly, the only thing I liked at all is that Gundam Kyrios looks kinda like Zeta in Waverider mode. Too bad it's the only time it looks like Zeta... I'm really disliking the MS designs. It's honestly kind of clever to have different mechanical designers do the MS for different factions, so they all look kind of unique, but they don't really look like they belong in a Gundam series too me. (Of course, I could have said the same thing about Turn A, but at least Turn A had a good story that hooked me on the first episode).