Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty

The Broodwar was a logical extension on what happened in the SC.

Don't recall saying it wasn't, it just wasn't all that good compared to the original Starcraft storyline. As usual, I'm most certain some fans will want to hold Blizzard hostage to the open thread from Broodwar, but personally I don't think I'd be all that upset if they went another direction, especially if it's a much better narrative.

I know the mission you were both referring to and this isn't it.

Apparently, the story goes is that you play as a group of Terran mercinaries sent to infiltrate a space station. Your ghost dowloads a number of items from the base... including shields for Terran vehicles or somesuch.

If I knew where to go I'd happily provide the link. Apparently it was a mission for the console version of Starcraft.

I assume you're referring to Starcraft 64, that horrible port for the Nintendo 64. Yeah, that game along with "Deception" and "Ressurection IV" storylines should stay dead and buried, IMO.

Man... I'm already anxiously awaiting the first time I hear "En Taro Adun Executor!" when I play as the Protoss (mah homies)

I sure hoped you watched the game play video on the official site. It's first words of spoken in the video...classic dialogue, I love it! :)

• 2 months later...

I love these guys. They are such Macross fans, all the way back to the first game. That is one sexy looking mecha. I'm so glad the creators haven't abandoned robots for the Terrans. I just hope the Viking is more useful than the Goliath.

Imagine if the Battlecruiser had broadside cannons or anti infantry bombs instead of aiming their "main cannon" at one zergling at a time...which was kinda silly IMHO. The space only missions could be awesome and we can have some massive space operas. :D

Well the battlecruiser was inspired by the Macross and Space Battleship Yamato, I liked the Yamato cannon, it was fun.

LOL :lol: That's neat. I've never played Starcraft, but I may have to pick this up when it comes out.

Edited by Busted VF1A

what are you talking about??? goliaths were plenty useful... for my zealots to sharpen their blades on! MUUAHAHAHAHAHA

Exactly :) They do make good shock troops in a game where you have an abundance of resources to waste, sending them in to absorb the initial attack before your real forces come into the fight. Sort of like a poor-man's Ultralisk.

Exactly :) They do make good shock troops in a game where you have an abundance of resources to waste, sending them in to absorb the initial attack before your real forces come into the fight. Sort of like a poor-man's Ultralisk.

Well, all in all, it made sense, terrans had strong early game units and strong end game units... only fair that the vulture and goliath didn't really measure up to their zerg and protoss counterparts.

Well, all in all, it made sense, terrans had strong early game units and strong end game units... only fair that the vulture and goliath didn't really measure up to their zerg and protoss counterparts.

True, though the useless units are useful in certain limited circumstances. I've seen the Terran "Vulture Rush" performed with devastating effect in Brood War. It's almost infuriating to see such a lousy unit used so effectively :)

True, though the useless units are useful in certain limited circumstances. I've seen the Terran "Vulture Rush" performed with devastating effect in Brood War. It's almost infuriating to see such a lousy unit used so effectively :)

Heh, I always leave a few goliaths in the back of the crystal fields to act as a mobile AA.

I don`t konw if you have noticed this but it seems that there will be a "Monster" for the Terrans

geezus.....i count 14 "barrels" on that thing. I wonder if they all fire and have individual targetting cannons ala WH40k: Dawn Of War. :D

Well the battlecruiser was inspired by the Macross and Space Battleship Yamato, I liked the Yamato cannon, it was fun.

Yeah they were fun! 2 shot wonders when they got around a 'Toss walker or Carrier though.....

That Terran unit looks more look a Gundam/Monster/Glaug/Armored Core kitbash that belongs on 4chan! :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Woo! the on ship interactions really bring me back to the wing Commander days. I'm really liking what I see... but I probably won't be able to play this one... the days of me buying/building a new gaming rig are long gone. Who knows, maybe they'll port it over to the 360...

Well, you don't have to worry. A game like this will be around for years after release. Just keep it in mind when you get around to upgrading the computer on your own time. I've done that with a few games in my life. I've also waited with consoles too. Hell, I didn't play the original Halo until over a year after release. I avoid consoles at launch; it's much less expensive to buy them later :)

I haven't seen the whole video but i skipped through and I saw a certain unit called "The Viking". A reference to Valkyries perhaps? It transforms into a flying unit and it says "Transform and Roll Out!"

Hahaha....really awesome.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

You are correct. There is a very small Protoss section int he single player game that is tied into the story. However Zerg will only be playable in multiplayer. The other two races will get their own full fledged titles in the future. Next will be the Zerg campaign/game and Protoss will be the last one.