The Dark Knight Thread

I really liked it but I think it should have been split into two movies. They should have ended the first movie with Joker being incarcerated and Gordon promoted to commissioner. The sequel to that film could have started off just a few days later with Harvey and Rachel suddenly going missing then. That would have let them utiltize Two Face a bit more. As it was though, great movie, just a little too long (went to a late showing not expecting to get out just as the bars were going to last call).

I really liked it but I think it should have been split into two movies. They should have ended the first movie with Joker being incarcerated and Gordon promoted to commissioner. The sequel to that film could have started off just a few days later with Harvey and Rachel suddenly going missing then. That would have let them utiltize Two Face a bit more.

That's a pretty cool idea! The story was easily rich enough to fuel two films. It would have sucked to be left with a cliffhanger though.

As it was though, great movie, just a little too long (went to a late showing not expecting to get out just as the bars were going to last call).

Too long? Nay; I say "not long enough"!

I was rivited to me seat for the entire movie, and I found myself not wanting it to end! Really a fantastic film!

I don't remember much about any music, but some of the background score/sound effect were great.

Every time that "high tension" sound effect comes on, I would go: "oh..Oh..here we come"

Also, the thumbing noise of Batman breaking bones makes this Batman kick ass with brute force.

Is it just me, or was this film pretty light when it came to the score? I don't remember much music.

I don't remember much about any music, but some of the background score/sound effect were great.

Every time that "high tension" sound effect comes on, I would go: "oh..Oh..here we come"

Also, the thumbing noise of Batman breaking bones makes this Batman kick ass with brute force.

The music was perfect...

You guys must have noticed the Joker's theme - the keening sound that first comes on in the first scene bank robbery.

Bats has his usual staccato slashing-air beat which picks up as he comes on when he's in action (same as per Batman Begins).

Mostly a rehash of the original soundtrack from my observation but I'm getting the soundtrack! :)

Is it just me, or was this film pretty light when it came to the score? I don't remember much music.

Most of it is the Joker theme (that screeching feedback-type sound building to a crescendo). Not your typical orchestra score. it was so perfect for the joker scenes, that I couldn't distinguish the audio from the visual at the start. It was only on second viewing that i really noticed it.

but most of the scores are variations of the batman theme (according to the composers, yup even the joker theme is a variation). That's why the soundtrack sounds like one long continuous score with different moods.

I really liked it but I think it should have been split into two movies. They should have ended the first movie with Joker being incarcerated and Gordon promoted to commissioner. The sequel to that film could have started off just a few days later with Harvey and Rachel suddenly going missing then. That would have let them utiltize Two Face a bit more. As it was though, great movie, just a little too long (went to a late showing not expecting to get out just as the bars were going to last call).

Gotta disagree with you there, jenius.

As is, I liked the movie and am quite satisfied with how it turned out. The bit-too-long-length was just enough that I'm really not itching for a sequel just yet.

Besides, I really don't think there's enough material and story there for Nolan & company to have split this into two movies. Need I remind everyone of the two Matrix sequels?

Also, I think most of us with a good background in the Batman mythos almost expected this movie to end with Harvey turning into Two-Face and setting up the third movie.

But to his credit, Nolan didn't go with conventional wisdom. And I think the movie and the overall story arc are better served by that decision. Harvey's character arc, Batman's arc, and even Joker's arc are all better served by keeping everything contained as one film.

Guest sh002

just got the 4" batman and joker set. i've read some bad reviews about them but at least they're in scale to all my 1/18 diecast batmobiles. i hope they make a twoface or gordon in that size.

Gotta disagree with you there, jenius.

As is, I liked the movie and am quite satisfied with how it turned out. The bit-too-long-length was just enough that I'm really not itching for a sequel just yet.

Well, I'm in the "can't wait for 'The Dark Knight Returns'" crowd.

Heh, him and Batman fell the same distance... the knife-resistant/neckturning/not bullet proof armor protected him from the blunt force trauma of a medium height fall?

It's not about physics, it's about the meaning of the story. The joker's plan, the ending and the entire movie culminated to the death of Harvey Dent. I believe that therecould've been an interesting take on a fully corrupted Harvey Dent but I feel like the story pretty much closed.

It's not about physics, it's about the meaning of the story. The joker's plan, the ending and the entire movie culminated to the death of Harvey Dent. I believe that therecould've been an interesting take on a fully corrupted Harvey Dent but I feel like the story pretty much closed.

and i think Batman hit some tarpoline or other material first before falling to the ground.

and also, Batman knew he was about to fall, thus he could have braced himself for the impact or adjusted his body to fall the right way (if that's possible). whereas Dent fell from an unexpected tackle.

and yes, Dent buckled his seatbelt before shooting the driver. Actually they edited out:

Dent lookin at the camera: "This is a public service reminder: always fasten your seatbelt. it could save your life." *wink*

Dent could well be alive... and a key plot point of the next movie with his attempted escape from Arkam... They left it open ended for either interpretation... Hasn't Eckhard said he'd be willing to come back?

Edited by Uxi

Dent could well be alive... and a key plot point of the next movie with his attempted escape from Arkam... They left it open ended for either interpretation... Hasn't Eckhard said he'd be willing to come back?

yeah, i think they learned their lesson from the first burton batman movie. NEVER conclusively kill off your super-villain. you never know when you would like to use them as a plot device. scarecrow survived and was able to make a minor appearance in movie2. heck, Ra's could be alive for all we know. same with Dent.

Let's just say dead until stated otherwise. hehe. :p

I don't imagine this current incarnation of Batman will go on long enough to see the character return. There are too many villains for them to bring into the reborn franchise before revisiting Two Face. I'm sticking with no.