The Dark Knight Thread

Well from the looks of it WB right is waiting on him which is good because he has done extremely well with the franchise. At least they aren't like hey let's press forward anyway with someone else i.e. Bryan Singer and X-Men 3

Edited by kanedaestes

Well from the looks of it WB right is waiting on him which is good because he has done extremely well with the franchise. At least they aren't like hey let's press forward anyway with someone else i.e. Bryan Singer and X-Men 3

Yeah, good point. Although I think if Nolan says he's not interested WB wont hesitate to replace him. They know they can squeeze more money out of the franchise with at least one more film, regardless of how great or terrible it is.

I have doubts whether Cain and Bale would come back without nolan... or at the very least without a director of comparable talant and a story to match.

The again, Bale made reign of Fire...

And he's making Terminator... with, gulp... McG... :rolleyes:

From superhero hypes comments;

Posted by: BATMAN HATE on August 27, 2008 at 02:34:08

Riddler?? Catwoman?? What are you people smoking! those villains are lame. Give me CLAY FACE and Mr. Freeze (Patrick Stewart or Christopher loyd) I think the Mr. Freeze and Clayface orgins would transition good on film if taken seriously. (Lets forget Arnolds version of Freeze he sucked!)

Ohh, Picard as Freeze, I think that idea has potential.

Perhaps insane is not the right choice of word, i rate Picard, but he's been in too many things i just want someone new or who'd been out of the loop for a while that

can shine, and deliver something that Picard can't. Anyone can shave their head. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Well, stewart has been in a few projects but he hasn't really been given material to really sink his teeth into, imo. He's an amazing actor and I think he and nolan could give mr freeze the sort of nuance and sense of tragedy that is needed to make that character alive.

From superhero hypes comments;

Posted by: BATMAN HATE on August 27, 2008 at 02:34:08

Riddler?? Catwoman?? What are you people smoking! those villains are lame. Give me CLAY FACE and Mr. Freeze (Patrick Stewart or Christopher loyd) I think the Mr. Freeze and Clayface orgins would transition good on film if taken seriously. (Lets forget Arnolds version of Freeze he sucked!)

Ohh, Picard as Freeze, I think that idea has potential.

That Patrick Stewart = Mr Freeze thing was kicked around when the role came up the last time, but they went with Arnold. Kinda hessitant to go anywhere near the material of those turds. But Blane was so underused he might not taint this set.

but Freeze isn't manic or easily excitable... his whole shtick is that in the face of tragedy, he turned his back on his humanity in order to save his wife, where bruce turned his back on his humanity in order to honor and avenge his parents, and serve humanity.

Patrick Stewart could nail that sort of calm, detachment and he's also capable of expressing sheer rage and frustration.

Edited by eugimon

but Freeze isn't manic or easily excitable... his whole shtick is that in the face of tragedy, he turned his back on his humanity in order to save his wife, where bruce turned his back on his humanity in order to honor and avenge his parents, and serve humanity.

Patrick Stewart could nail that sort of calm, detachment and he's also capable of expressing sheer rage and frustration.

Eh, it's not like he would have Doc from BTTF freezing people. I just don't feel like Stewart is right for the part. Not to say that I'd think Lloyd would be perfect, just more interesting...

Eh, it's not like he would have Doc from BTTF freezing people. I just don't feel like Stewart is right for the part. Not to say that I'd think Lloyd would be perfect, just more interesting...

heh, I guess is because whenever i see Llloyd, he's ALWAYS Doc from BTTF.

I beleive Dent survived. Yea, yeah the scrips says he broke his neck, but not everything from the script is brought over to the movie. The scene was plenty ambiguous. There was no confirmation of Dent's death from either Batman or Gordon. Gordon could have easily said "Harvey's prosecution died with HIM", but instead e said "Harvey's prosecution dies wit HIS REPUTATION".

They made a point in the movie to show how someone falling from that small height can survive. If they wanted to confirm he was dead, they should've used a higher place. Maroni landed on his feet and broke his ankles. Dent, we don't know how he fell.

Gordon could have faked his death, he faked his death in the very same film. A memorial service in the same movie for Loeb was held and you can see his casket. In Harvey's memorial, we only get a picture, no casket. His fate was purposefully left ambiguous so they could easily bring him back if needed. Nolan also said that he didn't like killing off villains and the original plan was to have Two Face as the villain in the third.

Also, it would be perfect sense for Two-Face to be both "died as a hero" and "lived long enough to become the villain". He is not one but both. They could have very well stuffed him in Arkham in hopes of rehabilitating him.

I saw The Dark Knight again last night. ...Such an amazing film...!

I've been wondering the same about Havery...if he really did die or not. What gets me though is why couldn't they place those killings, by Two-Face, on the Joker rather than on Batman? Harvey still would have 'died' a hero...the Joker would have got was coming to him still...and Batman would still come across as the good guy. I mean...with what the Joker has done...how would tacking on a few more deaths do any harm? I honestly don't see how anyone would question it either.

I've been wondering the same about Havery...if he really did die or not. What gets me though is why couldn't they place those killings, by Two-Face, on the Joker rather than on Batman? Harvey still would have 'died' a hero...the Joker would have got was coming to him still...and Batman would still come across as the good guy. I mean...with what the Joker has done...how would tacking on a few more deaths do any harm? I honestly don't see how anyone would question it either.

I think it's because the second after they left the Joker dangling from that cable everyone pretty much forgot he existed for the rest of the film. I loved the film, but that's my major criticism of it. I didn't feel like the Joker's story arch was brought to a suitable end.

Unfortunately, as much as the Joker had done that would still be highly unethical, and could only come back to haunt Gordon and Batman later.

As it is, it seems to me that Dent has been set up to take a pretty big fall, post-mortem or not, in a future film.

This is actually Begins related but wouldn't the microwave generator thing evaporate all the water in your body and thus killing everyone?

Considering that we're mostly water... Yup. It should have killed the two goons who turned it on in the ship. I think that little detail was glossed over in favor of not having gory deaths on the screen from people cooking in the microwave energy.

Considering that we're mostly water... Yup. It should have killed the two goons who turned it on in the ship. I think that little detail was glossed over in favor of not having gory deaths on the screen from people cooking in the microwave energy.

I think that microwave generator was a directed beam, standing behind or to the side was probably safe, since it was designed as weapon to begin with.

Aaron Eckhart Discusses the Future of Harvey Dent

Beaks: And now the obligatory question: can you conceive of any way in which you might be back in--

Aaron Eckhart: (Laughs) No.

Beaks: Not a chance?

Eckhart: No. I'm dead. I couldn't even get the words out of my mouth. "Hey, Chris, am I--?" "No. You're dead. You're dead."

HE'S DEAD. MOVE ALONG.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Duke Togo

THE SARLACC GOT HIM END OF STORY!

meh, if bobba fett can get our of the sarlacc, then so can two face! And michael, he's not dead either. Neither is roy, he was just faking because he couldn't figure out how to tell claudia he wasn't feeling it anymore.