Evangelion 1.0: You Are (Not) Alone

UN Spacy

Eva definately has its female fanbase. On the screening i went, i heard female gasps and gushes during the few seconds of Kaworu screentime. :lol:

Saw 1.1 tonight in a theatre. Glad it ended not being a totally shot-for-shot remake, but the first half of the movie seemed like a waste.

Oddly I saw a lot of females in the audience, and not just ones that were dragged their by their boyfriend. Weird.

I know...when I saw 1.0 last November, I spent the first half scratching my head, thinking, "Yeah, it looks wonderful, but why did they bother?" By the second half, I realized that they were going to screw with the formula a bit, and by the next episode preview, I finally understood that they were simply giving us something familiar before REALLY pulling the rug out from under us in 2.0...

I came across this very interesting article on a documentary about Anno talking to elementary school kids. Haven't seen the documentary, but from the article, you get the feeling that Anno was really in deep trouble prior (or may be still is) the making of the Eva TV.

I am just amazed how such a talented and accomplished person could have such low self-esteem....wow, a real life Shinji...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/buried-treasure/2007-05-03

Edited by Mowe

Possible first clear look at Rebuild EVA-02 and EVA-06?

1210358440115rw3.th.jpgdlsxh4ys6.th.jpg

Thanks for the pics. I don't really approve of the recolored torsos idea......

And abit disappointed that EVA 05 is the same but with different head.

Ummm....Unit-02 looks like a snell with those little horns. And Unit-06's head and colour scheme are a major disappointment...

But I do like the leaner look of the bodies.

Edited by Mowe

• 2 weeks later...
I'm a bit behind the times, but wasn't 2.0 supposed to be out this year? And has anyone heard word of ADV getting the dvd release of 1.0?

It's still scheduled for this year, but there's no confirmation on when, yet. I'm expecting it to be released sometime between September and December.

I'm a bit behind the times, but wasn't 2.0 supposed to be out this year? And has anyone heard word of ADV getting the dvd release of 1.0?

ADV can barely afford to put out the shows they already have right now. If they couldn't hold on to Gurren Lagann, there's little chance they'd be able to swing licensing the new movies. Hell, just what did they do with all that money they got from repeatedly re-releasing Eva?

ADV can barely afford to put out the shows they already have right now. If they couldn't hold on to Gurren Lagann, there's little chance they'd be able to swing licensing the new movies. Hell, just what did they do with all that money they got from repeatedly re-releasing Eva?

Maybe they pushed it all into the never-to-be-made-oh-God-I-hope LAEM.

• 2 months later...
found these pics of some Bandai offerings being shown at Summer Wonderfest 08

so is this what the Mass Production evas are going to look like in the coming movies?

kinda goofy

and they got their nails done to match their lipstick now :lol:

post-515-1217806908_thumb.jpgpost-515-1217806917_thumb.jpgpost-515-1217806926_thumb.jpg

Those aren't from the Rebuild movies. It's from the series where they do all the EVAs in Type-F armor.