Yamato VF-0A/S Replacement Parts

kensei

Got It today.....

My 2 set for my 2 VF-0S :

IPB Image

IPB Image

It's seem not the same Plastic on the shoulder.. I mean, when i touch them.. It's not the same feeling ( ? )

Awesome. Please let us know if it holds up after a few transformations.

Looks like the replacement parts would fix the problem I have with my 0S. I can no longer retract the right hand since the hand will pop off and the wrist will stay in the forearm when I try to pull the hands back out. The only way to get the wrist back out is to take the forearm apart and I haven't been able to devise a way to fix it.

That's an easy fix, if you have the patience. I had the same problem with the right wrist on my VF-0S, and here is what I did to it:

1. Get a hold of a needle pin from a business shirt.

2. Get a drill bit of a diameter smaller than the pin. You'll also need a pin vise to hold the drill bit.

3. Drill the peg right down the center until the drill almost breaks through the other side (1/32" to 1/16" short is ideal).

4. Cut the point off the needle pin so there is no chance of it breaking through the plastic.

5. Insert the pin into the drilled hole as far as it will go.

6. Cut the pin flush to the surface of the peg.

7. Push the wrist/hand assembly back into the forearm. Done

This fix does two things; it reinforces the plastic with metal, and it makes the peg a bit fatter which will eliminate its tendency to come off the slot when you deploy the hand.

It goes without saying that you should not ever have to do this if the manufacturer does their homework before releasing the product to market.

Edited by mechaninac

Awesome. Please let us know if it holds up after a few transformations.

Ok I transform many time ( more than 20 times ) a VF-0s since i've got it.. and I don't noticed stress mark or crack on the shoulder.. When I use my strengh to rotate the shoulder no problem too... So no pb to report to you.. I just put 2 drop of glue ont the cavity to harden the articulation.. The plastics are made of well quality... and it look like the same color that the old shoulders.. So it's perfect for us..

Good to hear that. Hopefully if a future release has a shoulder prob (like vf-11 on first release for example?) the early adopter can still be able to get the fix after reporting these probs. Durability seriously needs to be looked out for before yamato release any future transforming toys. I'm willing to buy, just that I'm also very patient and will wait for the right time to buy, rather than rush out immediately.

It's too expensive to take too much risk for us people who are going to import. I'd rather wait till they've been out for a while and see if any complaints pop up here before deciding.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I still can't believe that the shoulders on Shin's VF-0A aren't made of POM. If they aren't made of POM, Yamato will have to make replacement shoulders available for Shin's VF-0A too, which would cost them money. They knew this when they started producing Shin's VF-0A and they had the POM shoulders available too them. It just doesn't add up does it?

Ummmm....why do we need the entire arms?? :blink:

They sent you the entire arms for two VF-0S? If so, no wonder they're so expensive.

Huh? I thought he'd only gotten the replacement part not a

whole arm as the Replacement. what are you supposed to

do with the extra arms?

Use them in a diaroma as battle damaged arms scattered in the battlefield ! :lol:

I've throw to the dustbin the old broken's shoulders and I keep the hands...

The package has sent to me the 8 june and I get this one yesterday ( 22 june ) .. So You will receive yours in few days.....

I transform a Vf-0S ten times this morning and no problem ( again ) to report to you... But I must Harden the artticulations. Is the only things what I must to do.....

Edited by odr78

I don't need the whole arm, just the shoulder replacement parts.. for my doomed Shin.

why the f! do we need the whole arm, f'n hell!

No more Zero products, YF-21 (with fps) and then the X-9 and maybe the VF-11 and no more!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I still can't believe that the shoulders on Shin's VF-0A aren't made of POM. If they aren't made of POM, Yamato will have to make replacement shoulders available for Shin's VF-0A too, which would cost them money. They knew this when they started producing Shin's VF-0A and they had the POM shoulders available too them. It just doesn't add up does it?

bah, I'm going to beat BoB to the punchline: since when did anything yamato do make sense?

Here's a copy so far of my email correspondence with HLJ.

My original email: -

>Hi,

>

>I would like to order the following replacement parts for the Yamato 1/60

>scale VF-0A and VF-0S toys: -

>

>

> - Yamato VF-0A Right Arm made with POM plastic shoulders = 3pcs.

> - Yamato VF-0A Left Arm made with POM plastic shoulders = 3pcs.

> - Yamato VF-0S Right Arm made with POM plastic shoulders = 3pcs.

> - Yamato VF-0S Left Arm made with POM plastic shoulders = 3pcs.

>

>Please advise total cost including shipping by air to Hong Kong.

>

>Thanks,

>

>Graham R. Parkes

And HLJ's reply: -

On 6/25/07, Takayuki Oishi <oishi@hlj.com> wrote:

Dear Sir/Madam;

Thank you for your business with HobbyLink Japan.

Regarding your request for parts, I need the following information:

(a)Your name and Customer ID

(b)Manufacturer name

©Item Code (from the HLJ website)

(d)Name of the Model

(e)Part(s) requested from the instruction

(f)Quantity

We cannot calculate the cost of the requested parts because we do not keep

parts in stock; nor can we give you shipping costs as a result. These costs

will be calculated once we have the items in hand and are ready to ship

them out to you.

Please send a page of your needed parts and the information requested

above, and I will order the parts from the manufacturer.

Best regards,

Takayuki Oishi

Customer Service Representive

www.hlj.com

And my reply, where I had to use all my will power to remain polite, as I do not suffer fools gladly.

Dear Sir,

(a) My name is Graham R. Parkes. I can't remember my customer ID as it is a long time since I last ordered from HLJ.

(b) The manufacturer's name is Yamato, as mentioned in my first email.

© I don't think you have an item code for thse on the HLJ site as the items are replacement spare parts being offered by Yamato to replace the defective parts on the original VF-0A and VF-0S toys.

(d) See my first email, where I clearly mention the model.

(e) There is no parts list in the toy's instruction manual.

(f) Please read my original email, where I clearly state the quantity required. To keep things simple, I will repeat it directly below: -

Yamato VF-0A Replacement Right Arm made with POM plastic shoulders = 3pcs.

Yamato VF-0A Replacement Left Arm made with POM plastic shoulders = 3pcs.

Yamato VF-0S Replacement Right Arm made with POM plastic shoulders = 3pcs.

Yamato VF-0S Replacement Left Arm made with POM plastic shoulders = 3pcs.

I hope the above is clear.

Regards,

Graham R. Parkes

Graham

They sent you the entire arms for two VF-0S? If so, no wonder they're so expensive.

Yes... I have the entire Arms.... So.... If the parts are free... I'm a suckers.. :huh:

But I'm so happy to see my VF-0S in perfect state.... Yeeeees.... Am I Crazy ? Maybe....

Graham : Don't be so rude and please, Use "the force" to speak with them.... Maybe it's working whith the small brains..... :wacko: Oh no.... I understand.... We are the "small brain".. And Yamato use the force to sale us his products... :blink: We are so weak like Macross fan.... :o

So.. since i bought Yamato product.. I have to buy : neck recast for my YF-19, Arms for my VF-0... Hmmmm...

I take my decision... I'don't buy the SV-51.... I don't take risk with yamato's news products now.... It's finished...

I will search the old 1/60 Yamato VF-1... they're more unbreakable.....

Edited by odr78

Graham : Don't be so rude and please, Use "the force" to speak with them.... Maybe it's working whith the small brains..... :wacko: Oh no.... I understand.... We are the "small brain".. And Yamato use the force to sale us his products... :blink: We are so weak like Macross fan.... :o

I know I'm gonna get myself together (yeah)

Use the Force

I know I'm gonna work it out

Use the force

I know I'm gonna get myself ahead

Use the Force

Use the Force

I can do it

I can do anything

Anything Anything

I would also mention the HLJ item number example YMT00041

and the scale of the toys as well. Yamato 1/60. I know this seems redundant, but it usually works when ordering spares from HLJ.

And my reply, where I had to use all my will power to remain polite, as I do not suffer fools gladly.

Graham

I believe they reply using a standard mail just like a FAQ ^_^

Graham

Does this mean that HLJ will only ship to their previous customers?

... :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT....... I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.......

on one of my new Right Shoulder.... A stress mark appears :blink: A same mark from the old shoulder....

I transform the Valks 40 times to test the news shoulders.. and it's already stress marks....

The biceps is too much soft too..... and a stress mark appears too...

I don't know what am I do now... :wacko:

Graham... I believe that yamato makes fun of us... This is serious.... I paid for these craps and i'm still not satisfied about the quality..

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.....

on one of my new Right Shoulder.... A stress mark appears :blink: A same mark from the old shoulder....

I transform the Valks 40 times to test the news shoulders.. and it's already stress marks....

Graham... I believe that yamato makes fun of us... This is serious.... I paid for these craps and i'm still not satisfied about the quality..

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.....

wtf.

wtf.

Oh when I woke up tonight I said I'm

Gonna make somebody love me

I'm gonna make somebody love me

Now I know

Now I know

Now I know

My lover is you

You're lucky lucky

You're so lucky

Edit:- Btw, look at the bright side, 40 transformations could be helluva lot for many Macross fans here that transform them, pose them occasionally then leave'em to display for a long time. Before this, it took what, one to two transformations later before you find the stressmarks on the original shoulders, so 40 transformations is HELLUVA LOT! Or maybe I'm just talking out of my arse. :p

Edited by Beware of Blast

Got It today.....

My 2 set for my 2 VF-0S :

IPB Image

It's seem not the same Plastic on the shoulder.. I mean, when i touch them.. It's not the same feeling ( ? )

:blink: What's my cat doing in your house!

:p

Edit:- Btw, look at the bright side, 40 transformations could be helluva lot for many Macross fans here that transform them, pose them occasionally then leave'em to display for a long time. Before this, it took what, one to two transformations later before you find the stressmarks on the original shoulders, so 40 transformations is HELLUVA LOT! Or maybe I'm just talking out of my arse. :p

But I really paid attention while transforming my vf-0S..... I swear.. I handled with precaution the shoulder..

The Stress Marks comes when the shoulder rub on the articulation.. So if you don't want stress mark.. You can't move the arms..

I can understand the production problems for the 1st round.. But not for the new parts.. It isn't normal..

I'm really not happy... Because I paid for a perfect strong shoulder... Yamato.. thief... return to me my money !

I had confidence in Yamato... not anymore..

I've already transform my VF-1, 1/60 more than 100 times.. and they haven't stress mark.. never..

But I really paid attention while transforming my vf-0S..... I swear.. I handled with precaution the shoulder..

The Stress Marks comes when the shoulder rub on the articulation.. So if you don't want stress mark.. You can't move the arms..

I can understand the production problems for the 1st round.. But not for the new parts.. It isn't normal..

I'm really not happy... Because I paid for a perfect strong shoulder... Yamato.. thief... return to me my money !

I had confidence in Yamato... not anymore..

I've already transform my VF-1, 1/60 more than 100 times.. and they haven't stress mark.. never..

Truthfully, I feel your pain, odr78.

Listen, if you can't derive joy from your VF0S that you've worked hard to pay for, the next best thing to do is make a hobby out of pissing on Yamato. It's damn theraputic, and worked to calm my nerves. Best of all, it don't cost me any money. :D

well, stress marks suck. but I'll be satisfied as long as they don't crack or shatter like mine have.

I guess, unlike my 1/48's, the zero toys will just sit in one mode and look pretty. Or, I guess I could always take the legs OFF, transform the arms by handling the shoulder mounts, being careful to never stress the actual shoulder joint and then pop the legs back on.

Hmmm, maybe having to remove legs for transformation is a built in feature of the 1/60 line!

blegh.

Yap, I think our last hope is that the POM is used and if stress mark shows up, let's hope the POM can keep the shoulder together. If only I know how to diecast parts... :rolleyes:

well, stress marks suck. but I'll be satisfied as long as they don't crack or shatter like mine have.

blegh.

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.....

Must. Remain. Calm.

I can't get anymore stress as it is.

odr78 can you please provide pictures?

Truthfully, I feel your pain, odr78.

Listen, if you can't derive joy from your VF0S that you've worked hard to pay for, the next best thing to do is make a hobby out of pissing on Yamato. It's damn theraputic, and worked to calm my nerves. Best of all, it don't cost me any money. :D

No... Maybe.... Yes.... not the dark side of the macross's fans.... Aaaaaaaaaaaaah.... :angry:

YES ! MY MASTER...... WE WILL MAKE FALL THE OLD REPUBLIC... Ergh... I mean.. the yamato's industry of course.. ( Heard the breathing of Darth odr78 )

This is the rise of the Macross's Sith..... :lol:

But i'm still little depressed.... :wacko:

Edit for UN Spacy : When I take photo they are fuzzy ( I have a old camera ) But i Try again this night ( I'm still at work )

Edited by odr78

Yap, I think our last hope is that the POM is used and if stress mark shows up, let's hope the POM can keep the shoulder together. If only I know how to diecast parts... :rolleyes:

die cast too heavy. machined aluminum. light strong, relatively cheap. Titanium is just too difficult to work with.

maybe we should all just start writing letters to Kawamori... please stop designing mechs with spindley limbs!

They knew this when they started producing Shin's VF-0A and they had the POM shoulders available too them. It just doesn't add up does it?

It adds up just as I thought it would. I'll see you guys at the car shows!

LOL! odr78, I was kidding, man. But yeah, it all boils down to how much disappointment a Yamato fan can take, now. At least, with your discovery, more people will be forewarned. It's not fair, I know, at least you're not alone.

Edited by Beware of Blast