Yamato VF-0A/S Replacement Parts

kensei

I got mine Friday, and the arms seem OK.. I've only transformed it twice though. I will loosen the screws just to be safe.

Maybe your's is a very late batch that actually got the replacement fix :lol:

I got mine Friday, and the arms seem OK.. I've only transformed it twice though. I will loosen the screws just to be safe.

Can you take some pictures of the replacement arms? I wanna see if those bicep joints have been fixed.

I haven't sent in my payment yet.

I'll have some firm news by tomorrow hopefully as the customer service rep at Yamato is off sick today.

My main contact seemed quite shocked to hear that HLJ was charging for these.

It's probably just a misunderstaning between the two companies.

Graham

Sooooo, any news yet Graham?

Chris

Anybody got a link for HLJ.com on the replacement parts? I can't find them on HLJ's website.

You have to contact them directly, then order the parts. . .

From what I understand, it's the whole arm assembly.

Graham

That's good to hear! Thanks for the continuing updates... I haven't heard much from HLJ after they emailed me back and told me they would send them out once they hear back from yamato... two weeks ago.

Looking forward to changing my avatar pic

update: apparantly my replacement arms shipped last week... and HLJ charged me 1500 yen per arm... sigh. hopefully I'll be able to post up some pics of them soon.

Edited by eugimon

Well. I just sent in my payment for a set of VF-0S replacement arms.

I hope this is the first (AND LAST) time I'll have to go through HLJ for Yamato replacement parts.

just throwing this out there but if people are willing to plunk down $30+ to get these already, you think HLJ or yamato is really going to do anything to help us?

Well, I'm interested to see what graham has to say on the matter since he said that yamato wasn't charging HLJ for these parts. If that's the case, and HLJ doesn't refund my money, this will be my last purchase from HLJ.

Well, I'm interested to see what graham has to say on the matter since he said that yamato wasn't charging HLJ for these parts. If that's the case, and HLJ doesn't refund my money, this will be my last purchase from HLJ.

The issue isn't about Yamato not charging for the parts. It's about HLJ and whoever in Japan that got the parts that will pay for them to ship if we don't. That's the way it is happening. It's called passing the buck. Yamato doesn't give a sh1t because that extra hole is on your butt, not on theirs. Graham coming into the equation doesn't change anything.

Edited by Beware of Blast

I tried to contact HLJ about replacement parts, and this is the response I got:

Dear Sir/Madam;

Thank you for your business with HobbyLink Japan.

(5) If you haven't sent us your credit card information previously, do

so

now by using the secure credit card information transmission page on

our

web site (see the upper left hand side of the main page at

www.hlj.com), or

by sending a fax +81-276-80-3067,or leaving a voice message at

+81-276-80-3068, or by sending regular mail to:

Please send your INFO. to us by FAX.

Please write down,

:Mr Takayuki Oishi/ Replacement parts

Your Name/Address/Phone NO./email address/Credit Card NO./Exp date

Your parts request.

1)Manufacturer name

2)Item Code (from the HLJ website)

3(Name of the Model

4)Part(s) requested from the instruction

Best regards,

Takayuki Oishi

Customer Service Representive

www.hlj.com

I think they are under the impression I'm ordering parts for a model. I sent the inquiry to parts@hlj.com. Should I have tried a different e-mail address?

no. HLJ is charging for shipping and the parts.

but if Graham comes back with official word from Yamato that the parts are to be given at no cost, then I have something to take to HLJ.

This isn't passing the buck, this is called stealing.

I tried to contact HLJ about replacement parts, and this is the response I got:

Dear Sir/Madam;

(5) If you haven't sent us your credit card information previously, do

so

now by using the secure credit card information transmission page on

our

web site (see the upper left hand side of the main page at

www.hlj.com), or

by sending a fax +81-276-80-3067,or leaving a voice message at

+81-276-80-3068, or by sending regular mail to:

Please send your INFO. to us by FAX.

Please write down,

:Mr Takayuki Oishi/ Replacement parts

Your Name/Address/Phone NO./email address/Credit Card NO./Exp date

Your parts request.

1)Manufacturer name

2)Item Code (from the HLJ website)

3(Name of the Model

4)Part(s) requested from the instruction

Best regards,

Takayuki Oishi

www.hlj.com

I think they are under the impression I'm ordering parts for a model. I sent the inquiry to parts@hlj.com. Should I have tried a different e-mail address?

that's their standard cut and paste reply. Just write back and tell them that you would like to purchase the free replacement parts offered by yamato for the VF-0 and specify that you would like both left AND right shoulders, because the people at HLJ are both cheap and stupid.

no. HLJ is charging for shipping and the parts.

but if Graham comes back with official word from Yamato that the parts are to be given at no cost, then I have something to take to HLJ.

This isn't passing the buck, this is called stealing.

How is it stealing? Shipping isn't free ya know. Did you get the parts shipped thru SAL or EMS? Even if your shipping cost USD30 a hit, think of the ultimate cost HLJ or other JPN retailers have to bear to send the parts to every non-JPN bound VF0 owners.

Yamato maybe giving out the parts for free, they sure as hell not gonna ship them to you for free. So they let others do the fool's errand - they learned this well with the shipping of the garland replacement parts.

If it's really stealing, Yamato's got HLJ beat by 7 years.

How is it stealing? Shipping isn't free ya know. Did you get the parts shipped thru SAL or EMS? Even if your shipping cost USD30 a hit, think of the ultimate cost HLJ or other JPN retailers have to bear to send the parts to every non-JPN bound VF0 owners.

Yamato maybe giving out the parts for free, they sure as hell not gonna ship them to you for free. So they let others do the fool's errand - they learned this well with the shipping of the garland replacement parts.

If it's really stealing, Yamato's got HLJ beat by 7 years.

It's stealing because yamato is distributing the parts at no cost. HLJ has every right to charge for shipping but they shouldn't be taking money for these parts when the manufacturer is GIVING them to the retailers to distribute to cusomters.

stop trying to twist everything to where it's yamato's fault. It dillutes your legitimate grievences with the company.

And how is yamato stealing? Other than in your yamato is the spawn of satan sort of way? never mind, don't answer. I don't really care.

It's stealing because yamato is distributing the parts at no cost. HLJ has every right to charge for shipping but they shouldn't be taking money for these parts when the manufacturer is GIVING them to the retailers to distribute to cusomters.

stop trying to twist everything to where it's yamato's fault. It dillutes your legitimate grievences with the company.

And how is yamato stealing? Other than in your yamato is the spawn of satan sort of way? never mind, don't answer. I don't really care.

Dude, did HLJ took your money for the parts, or just only for the shipping? Eitherway, they are taking your money. If there is a cost breakdown from HLJ on on how much of $30 went into shipping and how much left went to the parts cost, then you may say that HLJ is stealing.

Yamato's distributing of parts for free to HLJ via local courier cost is at best negligible and not worth mentioning.

If Yamato had the genuine sincerity to make good of their mistakes, they would have distributed the arms directly to you by now; regardless of whether they have right to distribute Macross or not out of JPN because parts DO NOT deem it a Macross product.

And How IS THIS ALL NOT YAMATO's FAULT? Had they done things properly ALL of us wouldn't be in this hassle. Not only did Yamato stole your money, they stole your time waiting for the damn things and more time later for fixing them. The more I look at this issue, the more I see how it has diluted your ability to reason your actions from the priciple of the matter.

Please by all means, prove me wrong.

I just saw your sig. I do sympathise with you.

that's their standard cut and paste reply. Just write back and tell them that you would like to purchase the free replacement parts offered by yamato for the VF-0 and specify that you would like both left AND right shoulders, because the people at HLJ are both cheap and stupid.

Well, I replied back with what you said above, but I just got the same response back as in my original post. I guess I need to contact them through their other e-mail addresses.

Dude, did HLJ took your money for the parts, or just only for the shipping? Eitherway, they are taking your money. If there is a cost breakdown from HLJ on on how much of $30 went into shipping and how much left went to the parts cost, then you may say that HLJ is stealing.

Yamato's distributing of parts for free to HLJ via local courier cost is at best negligible and not worth mentioning.

If Yamato had the genuine sincerity to make good of their mistakes, they would have distributed the arms directly to you by now; regardless of whether they have right to distribute Macross or not out of JPN because parts DO NOT deem it a Macross product.

And How IS THIS ALL NOT YAMATO's FAULT? Had they done things properly ALL of us wouldn't be in this hassle. Not only did Yamato stole your money, they stole your time waiting for the damn things and more time later for fixing them. The more I look at this issue, the more I see how it has diluted your ability to reason your actions from the priciple of the matter.

Please by all means, prove me wrong.

I've posted SEVERAl times now that HLJ charged for BOTH parts and shipping.

And yes, yamato f'd up and chose crap plastics, but at least they're releasing fixes at no cost, fixes that HLJ are now charging me for. That's the main issue. BTW, I don't see takara rushing forward with fixes for the NUMEROUS stress cracks on the MP SS, or Megahouse for their "so loose as to be worthless joints" on their massively expenisve tachikoma.

And BoB, I know other people have asked you, but please stop with the personal attacks. Just because someone doesn't see something the exact way you see it, doesn't make them some sort of idiot.

Well, I replied back with what you said above, but I just got the same response back as in my original post. I guess I need to contact them through their other e-mail addresses.

Here's the email thread I had with oishi@hlj.com :

Dear Sir/Madam;

We have received your parts request and are processing it now. As soon

as

we hear anything back from the manufacturer, we will pass that

information

along to you and/or ship your parts.

Best regards,

Takayuki Oishi

www.hlj.com

>I will need them as a set. left and right, 1 each for

>the VF-0a and left and right 2 of each for the vf-0s.

>

>thank you

>

>

>--- Takayuki Oishi <oishi@hlj.com> wrote:

>

>> Dear Sir/Madam;

>>

>>

>> Thank you for your business with HobbyLink Japan.

>>

>> 1.

>> >e) POM replacement shoulder

>> >f) qty 1

>> >

>> 2.

>> >e) pom replacement shoulder

>> >f) qty 2

>>

>> Those arms are right or left! Please immediately

>> reply, Yamato dose not

>> have a lot of stocks.

>>

>>

>> Best regards,

>>

>> Takayuki Oishi

>> Customer Service Representive

>> www.hlj.com

>>

>> >Hello,

>> >

>> >The information you have requested are below. I do

>> not

>> >know the specific part name as the part is not

>> listed

>> >in the manual. However, the replaceent shoulders

>> are

>> >new and the Yamato representative should know the

>> part

>> >in question.

>> >

>> >Please add the part to open order: 01258513

>> >

>> >a) eugene yoon, true_eugimon@yahoo.com

>> >b) yamato

>> >c-1) YMT00042

>> >d-1) 1/60 VF-0a

>> >e) POM replacement shoulder

>> >f) qty 1

>> >

>> >c-2)YMT00041

>> >d-2) 1/60 vf-0s

>> >e) pom replacement shoulder

>> >f) qty 2

>> >

>> >Thank you.

>> >

>> >Eugene

Graham mate, if Yamato has given you the bad news as to us paying for the part, don't feel bad about it, just tell us when you get the word and we'll swallow it just like everyone else has to including you. Your our eyes and ears lol whatever the news is we appreciate it. :D

HLJ's charging for the parts as well as shipping does strike me as profiteering (they have every right to do it, but it still stinks) if they are not, themselves, being charged by the manufacturer for these replacements. A nominal processing fee on top of the S&H charges would be entirely expected, but what I've been reading comes across as squeezing substantial bucks off non-stock courtesy items that cost them nothing... not the best way to engender customer loyalty.

True 'dat, it does suck major ass.

But so far I haven't seen anybody else offering them for free either.

And I think if anyone had seen it elswhere for free by now they should put up a note on it.

I've posted SEVERAl times now that HLJ charged for BOTH parts and shipping.

And yes, yamato f'd up and chose crap plastics, but at least they're releasing fixes at no cost, fixes that HLJ are now charging me for. That's the main issue. BTW, I don't see takara rushing forward with fixes for the NUMEROUS stress cracks on the MP SS, or Megahouse for their "so loose as to be worthless joints" on their massively expenisve tachikoma.

And BoB, I know other people have asked you, but please stop with the personal attacks. Just because someone doesn't see something the exact way you see it, doesn't make them some sort of idiot.

Parts that only come out one year later after numerous complaints is not considered rushing forward with fixes.

Also, this is not a personal attack on you. I'm merely pointing out the obvious - where the hassle that we're all experiencing is suppose to be all Yamato's doing, you're now making the likes of HLJ a new target.

HLJ is cleaning up Yamato's mess. Shipping for these things will be billed to HLJ if we don't pay fort them. You may say I'm biased, I'd still say they are not wrong if they're charging for the parts as "value added service" on top of the shipping.

For those that ordered the replacement parts from HLJ for the VF-0s what all did the ship to you? I.E. did they replace the entire arm or did they just replace the shoulder piece? I'm curious because my vf-0S was missing one of the bicep arm bands. I was hoping that if they replaced the entire arm then I would get a replacement with my order.