Yamato VF-0A/S Replacement Parts

kensei

Parts that only come out one year later after numerous complaints is not considered rushing forward with fixes.

Also, this is not a personal attack on you. I'm merely pointing out the obvious - where the hassle that we're all experiencing is suppose to be all Yamato's doing, you're now making the likes of HLJ a new target.

HLJ is cleaning up Yamato's mess. Shipping for these things will be billed to HLJ if we don't pay fort them. You may say I'm biased, I'd still say they are not wrong if they're charging for the parts as "value added service" on top of the shipping.

never said yamato was rushing forward, only that they were... unlike some other companies who release version after version of the same toy without ever changing or addressing poor materials choices... such as takara and toynami.

And yeah, I'm making HLJ a target based on graham's post about this matter. He said yamato was surprised that these parts were being charged for. Now, in other threads, we've heard of HLJ replacing busted parts from *gasp* bandai at no charge so why charge now?

For those that ordered the replacement parts from HLJ for the VF-0s what all did the ship to you? I.E. did they replace the entire arm or did they just replace the shoulder piece? I'm curious because my vf-0S was missing one of the bicep arm bands. I was hoping that if they replaced the entire arm then I would get a replacement with my order.

graham post that the entire arm assembly was being replaced. I still haven't received my replacements yet, but I'll post up pics of what I get when I get them.

never said yamato was rushing forward, only that they were... unlike some other companies who release version after version of the same toy without ever changing or addressing poor materials choices... such as takara and toynami.

And yeah, I'm making HLJ a target based on graham's post about this matter. He said yamato was surprised that these parts were being charged for. Now, in other threads, we've heard of HLJ replacing busted parts from *gasp* bandai at no charge so why charge now?

It's all gotta do with the willingness and the zeal of the Yamato people to do a good job with the general coordination and communication with the people that are suppose to help them. And ya know what? If you cannot expect but hope for better QC and receive the stupidest mistakes for sure everytime, you won't have any luck with something as simple as a good warranty service from Yamato.

The Yf19 design is generally more loved by fans - it's the mecha piloted by the hero as well. If the '19 got sh1tty treatment for the 1st release and a halfarsed attempt for a 2nd release fix, what are your chances for getting a well-made YF21? :D

what are your chances for getting a well-made YF21? :D

slim to none. :mellow:

yamato sucks at this point and its seems they're getting worse, just look at the issues people have had with unglued parts and other random assorted nonsense.

and why hasn't graham responded to the arm replacement issue yet? and please no one say its because hes been too busy to get an answer, i'm positive he got an answer, he just doesn't want to tell us that yamato essentially said fockoff to this community cause it'll reflect negatively on yamatos image and hurt potential sales...f-in lame. :mellow:

over $30 if you're in the US.

This is how much HLJ sucks. I had ANOTHER package ship from them on THE SAME DAY as they shipped my replacement arms. I emailed them and asked them to combine the two orders. THEY REFUSED and shipped the two orders seperately. Thanks a lot guys.

slim to none. :mellow:

yamato sucks at this point and its seems they're getting worse, just look at the issues people have had with unglued parts and other random assorted nonsense.

and why hasn't graham responded to the arm replacement issue yet? and please no one say its because hes been too busy to get an answer, i'm positive he got an answer, he just doesn't want to tell us that yamato essentially said fockoff to this community cause it'll reflect negatively on yamatos image and hurt potential sales...f-in lame. :mellow:

Yeah but poor Graham, there was word from another supplier that actually talked to a Yamatoed

representative, and they basically said get f'd. No joke.

lol now give me some of those happy pills! :lol:

Yeah but poor Graham, there was word from another supplier that actually talked to a Yamatoed representative, and they basically said get f'd. No joke.

lol now give me some of those happy pills! :lol:

I'm assuming that Yamatoed representative was Watson-san? So does that mean Yamato actually had a hand in why people like HLJ are charging for the pom parts?

I'm assuming that Yamatoed representative was Watson-san? So does that mean Yamato actually had a hand in why people like HLJ are charging for the pom parts?

we don't know anything for certain. whether HLJ are a bunch of stupid, lazy, greedy profiteers, or if yamato is ripping us off again charging for what should be free, or if the parts are evn POM, since other board members are saying communications they had with HLJ said that yamato denied that the parts were POM.

This is all so fubar.

edit: apparantly HLJ has reported that the SHIN type shoulders are not POM, no word at all on the replacement shoulders.

Edited by eugimon

This is really getting annoying! why the contradictory in the information released, one says the VF-0A shin has pom replacements for its shoulders and other other say it doesnt, just regular ABS. If its the latter, this does to show that yamato has previously used inferior quality plastic for the VF-0A CF and VF-0S shoudlers, then rectify the problem with the regular ABS treatment.

I dun understand why is there such a great difference in the customer service and quality of design/parts used as compared to other companies like takara, bandai or even the newer companies like CMS, especially when we are paying a premium price for macross stuff. It really seems that yamato nowadays is going the direction of t*yn@mi.

Edited by recon

This is why I'm loosing interest in Yamato. The prices are in a steep climb and the quality is in a downward spiral. I was OK with questionable quality when the toys were $60 since I wouldn't be out too much if something broke. I'm not so willing to take the chance on a $200 toy. The development cycle on these things is long enough that Yamato should be able to notice a problem. How could they not notice the rag doll looseness of the Roy 0S or the ridiculous tightness of the YF-19 nose when they were approving the test shots?

I'm also getting tired of the bad information out there that seems to come straight from Yamato. "Yeah, that is the official VF-0A color scheme. All the VF-0As were SUPPOSED to be that color in the animation." <pause while everyone buys the VF-0A>. "Here's the correct Shin type for you. Oh, and this one has the shoulder problem fixed." <pause while everyone buys the Shin VF-0A>. "We were kidding about that POM. Do you want to buy some over priced replacement parts that are made of POM? snicker, snicker"

This is why I'm loosing interest in Yamato. The prices are in a steep climb and the quality is in a downward spiral. I was OK with questionable quality when the toys were $60 since I wouldn't be out too much if something broke. I'm not so willing to take the chance on a $200 toy. The development cycle on these things is long enough that Yamato should be able to notice a problem. How could they not notice the rag doll looseness of the Roy 0S or the ridiculous tightness of the YF-19 nose when they were approving the test shots?

I'm also getting tired of the bad information out there that seems to come straight from Yamato. "Yeah, that is the official VF-0A color scheme. All the VF-0As were SUPPOSED to be that color in the animation." <pause while everyone buys the VF-0A>. "Here's the correct Shin type for you. Oh, and this one has the shoulder problem fixed." <pause while everyone buys the Shin VF-0A>. "We were kidding about that POM. Do you want to buy some over priced replacement parts that are made of POM? snicker, snicker"

well, let's all wait for the replacements to actually start arriving, then we can compare materials and we can have something solid rather than HLJ's word...

well, let's all wait for the replacements to actually start arriving, then we can compare materials and we can have something solid rather than HLJ's word...

I have no desire to spend more money on replacements when the Shin 0A is supposed to have the correct part to begin with. Yamato has known about this problem for a while so there is no reason why it wasn't corrected for the Shin 0A. This is what bothers me - Yamato just can't be trusted. Now it is up to the fans to devise tests to determine if the Shin 0A and the replacement parts use the correct material. Anyone have some good solvents and a spectrometer?

To whomever has the VF-0A Shin type,

If the shoulder parts in question are indeed made out of POM, paint will probably not adhere to it well. Those of you who want to test this out can try painting the shoulder joint in question with an acrylic paint, maybe just a sliver. If it does not adhere well at all, or just doesn't adhere, it probably is POM. The YF-19 included 2 pairs of canards, 1 pair was POM, the other ABS since paint does not adhere well to POM.

This is the easiest and quickest way to tell if it is POM or not(at least in theory). BTW since the shoulder joint is hidden by the cover, if you paint it, it won't really show. Well then again if it is truly POM, the paint won't stick anyways.

Don't forget the that oil companies have a hand in all of this.

Looks like the replacement parts would fix the problem I have with my 0S. I can no longer retract the right hand since the hand will pop off and the wrist will stay in the forearm when I try to pull the hands back out. The only way to get the wrist back out is to take the forearm apart and I haven't been able to devise a way to fix it.

So, if you want to use the parts on either of the 0As you need to disassemble everything and add the shoulder to the 0A? I guess the new shoulder parts from HLJ are more of an upgrade rather than a replacement. Hmm, $30 for upgraded shoulders makes the $60 for the YF-19 FP set not seem so outrageous.

Edited by Matt Random

Ok.. It's done... I put ont my VF the news Arms... Everythings is perfect.. It's works.. Aaaaaaaaaah...

That's great news, please give us an update after a few days of... er... playing.

Sometimes I wonder if they had shipped all Zeros with arms disassembled for owners to carefully pop in and screw together, if we would have any issues at all, even with the ABS shoulders.