Official - Weapons Banter Thread

Mechamaniac

I'd like to see Cloud's Materia sword and Yuffie's shuriken.

I'll just trump everyone-

I want them to make a Lance of Longinus.

Doesn't have to be red... I think it would look cool in stainless...

Dammit beaten, how about the Mass production series EVA's swords, those double sided things.

Oh I know, Wolfwood's cross with the machine gun and missle launcher in it.

I'd like to see Cloud's Materia sword and Yuffie's shuriken.

I'll just trump everyone-

I want them to make a Lance of Longinus.

Doesn't have to be red... I think it would look cool in stainless...

Dammit beaten, how about the Mass production series EVA's swords, those double sided things.

Oh I know, Wolfwood's cross with the machine gun and missle launcher in it.

but the Cross Punisher would be really heavy though....

Nah, I'll take a Lance. However, it all depends on how large the prongs and shaft are.

Some pictures have the prongs almost twice as long as the shaft, and that just won't do it for me. Half and half would be a decent size.

And to go with it, I need the Predator's targeting lasers. That would just complete the effect :)

the best shotgun for home defense i think is a mossberg.the 500 is an all black pistol grip style that's easy to manuever in tight spaces.it will hold 8 rounds w/ the choke removed.you can get 1 for about $250.the 590 is a little longer w/ a 9 round capacity & the choice between a stock or a pistol grip.but,it's nickle plated so it'll run you about $500.the best round for home defense is a #4 shot(commonly used for turkey hunting) it gets the job done & doesn't produce such a heavy kick-back(easy for girls to shoot if neces.) good thing about were i live(delaware) is that you CAN shoot anybody that enters your house as an intruder. the only rule is that they have to be completely across the threshhold of the door.a cop told me that if you shoot them & they fall outside,drag them into your house(i thought that was funny to here coming from a cop :o ).if you live in a state that requires there to be imminent danger from an intruder in order to shoot them,all you have to do is tell the cop you saw them reaching inside there jacket like they were reaching for a weapon.most cops will believe law-abiding joe-home owner over some criminal anyway :ph34r:

threshhold of the door.a cop told me that if you shoot them & they fall outside,drag them into your house(i thought that was funny to here coming from a cop :o ).

haha, that's what i tell people, always tell the cops, "I thought he was going for a weapon, I was in fear of my life and for the lives of my family." Doesn't hurt to say, "I don't remember clearly, but I think he said "I'll kill you!" or something when he was reaching into his jacket :)

When you're in a high stress situation, you're memory goes.

I've watched an in-car camera video of myself and don't recall doing any of the things I did that was on the video.

the best shotgun for home defense i think is a mossberg.the 500 is an all black pistol grip style that's easy to manuever in tight spaces.it will hold 8 rounds w/ the choke removed.you can get 1 for about $250.the 590 is a little longer w/ a 9 round capacity & the choice between a stock or a pistol grip.but,it's nickle plated so it'll run you about $500.the best round for home defense is a #4 shot(commonly used for turkey hunting) it gets the job done & doesn't produce such a heavy kick-back(easy for girls to shoot if neces.) good thing about were i live(delaware) is that you CAN shoot anybody that enters your house as an intruder. the only rule is that they have to be completely across the threshhold of the door.a cop told me that if you shoot them & they fall outside,drag them into your house(i thought that was funny to here coming from a cop :o ).if you live in a state that requires there to be imminent danger from an intruder in order to shoot them,all you have to do is tell the cop you saw them reaching inside there jacket like they were reaching for a weapon.most cops will believe law-abiding joe-home owner over some criminal anyway :ph34r:

hehe you 2. dead crooks cant say your lieing too ;)

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the place to ask, but have you guys heard of replica guns? I remember when I was younger there were all these hobby shops selling Japanese made replica guns, with brass shells that contained caps, and even ejected from the force of the caps. They were really realistic. However, I think people were using them to hold up stores - I'm not sure, but I don't see them around anymore. I am curious, are they outlawed here in Canada, especially Toronto? I would love to get a realistic Walther P99 with silencer like the James Bond gun now as a display piece. All I could find are those airsoft BB guns, I don't care if it shoots anything, I just want it to be a realistic as possible - a working slide and realistic weight would be cool - :p I have a bit of a bond collection going. Or is this kind of collecting illegal now in Canada? Does anyone have any more info on this, or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Hi wm,

As a fellow Canuck who's versed in our country's gun laws, I can tell you that replicas are prohibited. I too remember those cool Japanese replicas in the hobby stores back in the early 1980's. Sadly, those are long gone now. However, all is not lost. You can still buy an airsoft pistol, as it's technically an air pistol that bears an uncanny resemblance to it's "real steel" counterpart.

They're completely legal to buy without any kind of permit or license, just as long as you get them from a distributor within our borders. If there's a particular one you want, such as Bond's PPK or P99, then by all means buy it as soon as you can afford it. You never know when our government might change it's mind and reclassify airsoft as "replica firearms." In fact, I bet they've escaped prohibition thus far only because nobody in Ottawa has noticed them yet.

Hey thanks for the quick reply,

Hmm... to bad they are prohibited now. So can anyone tell me more about these airsoft pistols, I don't really care about shooting them - I just want the most realistic ones they make, or are they all "plasticy"? What is Gasblowback? Does it work without firing a plastic BB? Are there better companies than others? Is there a brick & mortar store in the Toronto area I can go see them or are there any good distributors within the Canadian border that I should try?

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.

Thanks Tuco, we'll remember that! :huh:

We all know that line was totally stolen from the orig. Golgo 13 manga. Or at least that is my theory.

I have some Canadian airsoft links on my PC at home, but I bet they show up with a Google search. If you'd like, I can PM the links to you tonight. As for gasblowback, I'll have to let one of the resident airsoft experts answer that one, as I only have a rudimentary understanding of how the system works.

Hey thanks for the quick reply,

Hmm... to bad they are prohibited now. So can anyone tell me more about these airsoft pistols, I don't really care about shooting them - I just want the most realistic ones they make, or are they all "plasticy"? What is Gasblowback? Does it work without firing a plastic BB? Are there better companies than others? Is there a brick & mortar store in the Toronto area I can go see them or are there any good distributors within the Canadian border that I should try?

This will answer some of your questions about airsoft guns:

http://www.airsoftcleveland.com/dumbo_guide.htm

I don't have a lot of experience in the matter, but most of the stock airsoft guns I've seen have a good amount of plastic in them. If you dig around you can find metal kits for some of them to make them more realistic, but I don't have any info. on hand.

Hey thanks Bsu & all,

I tried a google search and came up with only US and UK dealers. I would really appreciate any leads you might have for Canadian or Toronto dealers. How realistic are they? Are they plasticy?

Thanks.

It's by no means a comprehensive list, but this should get you started:

http://www.rangersairsoft.com/lowband.html

http://www.airsoftottawa.com/index.php

http://www.007airsoft.com/

http://www.airsoft.ca/

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/index.jsp

http://www.sd-unit.com/

A bunch of the other sites that I remember seem to have closed up. Take that to mean what you will. :(

Edit: It appears that I was right in my rather precient prediction. I found some very interesting info over here at http://www.ascforums.com/viewforum.php?f=1 which basically confirms my fears. The guys on that forum seem to know what they're doing, but I believe their efforts are ultimately doomed to failure. No matter how they portray Airsoft as a harmless sport, it is still the prevailing belief of our government that guns & anything associated with guns (including airsoft) is "socially unacceptable" and should be outlawed.

If you still want an airsoft gun, I'd buy it this week. :(

Edited by bsu legato

, it is still the prevailing belief of our government that guns & anything associated with guns (including airsoft) is "socially unacceptable" and should be outlawed.

So, then Canada is basically falling in line with some of the more pinko left wing Democratic states here in the US, no surprise.... :(

Those replicas are damned cool. I remember when my dad had an MP-5 in his desk for a few months (when he was Art Director on Air Force One) There is one, albiet semi-legal way to get 'em. Go to a prop store, and just make up some BS movie, (or, actually, you're Art Department, right? You actually could probably do it under the name of a real film.) and they'll sell 'em to you.

As for the airsofts, the base spring guns are quite plasticy, but look very realistic. The gas blowbacks, especially the expensive ones, have as much metal as a real one, in some cases. The main importance of the gas bloback is semi-automatic fire. With a low end spring gun, the slide has to be cocked for every shot. A gas blowback is a repeating gun, and works just like a real one.

Edited by Commander McBride

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2/mr-jango.jpg

I can just imagine Chowser strapping these on and scaring the bejesus out of unwary traffic offenders.  :ph34r:

:lol::D:p

thought about it...cost too much.

Maybe in addition to the lightsabers, I'll put my Phaser on my belt and tell people, don't move or I'll stun you.

-----

my dept is actually looking into getting a couple of airsoft pistols next year for training. they didn't like my suggestion of getting actual FX simulation guns from Glock (cost the same as the real gun) so they decided to go cheap. (it's not in the budget, but we can spend thousands to convert our full-auto M16s into Semi-Auto only ?why? and all the bosses can get new furniture and wallpaper in their offices). ah, politics...

Can someone tell me why my superiors would want to convert our fully-automatic rifle to semi-auto only? There is a selector switch where we can have it in semi-auto only and IF we feel the need to switch to full-auto, we can? I just spent a week at Tactical Rifle/Urban Assault training and we did EVERYTHING in full-auto. I was scheduled to go to sub-gun class next week, but due to POLITICS (that d@mn Chowser can't keep his mouth shut), that was canceled...

Edited by Chowser

So, then Canada is basically falling in line with some of the more pinko left wing Democratic states here in the US, no surprise.... :(

Bingo. :angry: They haven't had the guts to outright outlaw them yet, although I'm sure that's the plan. They're just making it progressively more and more aggrivating to obtain them.

Social Engineering is not a myth, my friends. <_<

Bingo. :angry: They haven't had the guts to outright outlaw them yet, although I'm sure that's the plan. They're just making it progressively more and more aggrivating to obtain them.

Social Engineering is not a myth, my friends. <_<

Ah yes, the shortsighted politicians....

"Let's make guns illegal, then noone will be able to get them".

Of course, by definition, a criminal is someone who has no regard for the law, and as such, they will get a gun no matter what. So, in essence you're disarming the population, and making them easy prey for the scumbags out there that have no regard for others property or well being. And in order to defend yourself, you have to break the law, and by the law of averages (being more of us, than them) you would be the one who got pulled over and had the gun found in your car, hence making you a criminal, when in fact you are exercising your god given right to defend yourself.

"The world is a happy place where if there were just no evil guns, everyone would get along."

Bullshit, the world is run by animals, albeit, the most socially advanced animals, but animals nonetheless. If there were no guns, people would bash each others heads in with sticks if they really wanted to. Violence is human nature, get used to it. Guns don't kill people, PEOPLE kill people. Yes, the gun makes it a bit easier, but so does the knife, sword or stick in the hands of someone who knows how to use it. Why do you think police departments nationwide have the 21 foot rule?

"Can't we all just get along?"

Ultimately, NO. Human nature's a bitch aint it?

Ultimately, NO.  Human nature's a bitch aint it?

yep. sure is. thats why i say that people don't follow the law because they find crimes morally wrong, but rather because they are simply afraid of punishment.

Edited by Isamu Atreides 86

Bingo.  :angry: They haven't had the guts to outright outlaw them yet, although I'm sure that's the plan. They're just making it progressively more and more aggrivating to obtain them.

Social Engineering is not a myth, my friends.  <_<

Ah yes, the shortsighted politicians....

"Let's make guns illegal, then noone will be able to get them".

Of course, by definition, a criminal is someone who has no regard for the law, and as such, they will get a gun no matter what. So, in essence you're disarming the population, and making them easy prey for the scumbags out there that have no regard for others property or well being. And in order to defend yourself, you have to break the law, and by the law of averages (being more of us, than them) you would be the one who got pulled over and had the gun found in your car, hence making you a criminal, when in fact you are exercising your god given right to defend yourself.

"The world is a happy place where if there were just no evil guns, everyone would get along."

Bullshit, the world is run by animals, albeit, the most socially advanced animals, but animals nonetheless. If there were no guns, people would bash each others heads in with sticks if they really wanted to. Violence is human nature, get used to it. Guns don't kill people, PEOPLE kill people. Yes, the gun makes it a bit easier, but so does the knife, sword or stick in the hands of someone who knows how to use it. Why do you think police departments nationwide have the 21 foot rule?

"Can't we all just get along?"

Ultimately, NO. Human nature's a bitch aint it?

You ever see the NRA show about S. Africa, crime went up 200% in some areas when they took the guns away from the legal owners