91 members have voted

1. 1. Most likely candiates from the pool

• The inevitable VFX blue VF-19A
    • Supernova Blue
    • Supernova Orange
    • Some non canon stealth/ low vis scheme
    • Anything would be cool
    • Have no real interest in repaints of this

Well this thing finally landed and I thought, hey, there might be a slight chance that Yamato will possibly opt for releasing the same thing but with different colors! Crazy, I know. But the 19 already comes with three possible repaint options outside of the non-existent option of 19S/Kai Mac7 re-toolings.

The 19A's slight head re-do I've always like, but the color never struck me as that appealing.

Personally I'd like to see something stealth/ low vis (read: just make it look like a believable aircraft, not some enameled showboat), but since I haven't liked a low vis since the original 1A, I have to go with the blue supernova scheme. Is it just me or is there some real preference issues between the blue and orange schemes?

Anyway just trying to see what others would want most.

Stealth with red visor and nose-sensor. :D Black and dark-grey scheme. I would definitely buy it. In fact I'm holding my breath to see what schemes Yamato comes out with, since I'm only going to buy one 19 series valkyrie by Yamato (unless they come out with a scheme I MUST HAVE).

Secondary choice would be a Low Visibility scheme, or something with a scheme with dark blue and dark grey.

Third choice, Supernova Blue.

I don't actually like the scheme of the VF-19A. It's an icky light blue, and I dislike the green. :p

Me, well I'd like a more 'real' world color, something like the VF-0A or Berkut dark grey colours would be nice.

Next would be a VF-19A. I kinda like the smurfy, sky blue colours! I like the design of the YF-19, but still holding on a getting one cos I don't really like the current beige colours :p

As long as its not a Woodlad scheme .

Normal Camo would be ok.

I just dont like the way they did it on the VF-1

I'd like to see Yamato do real world schemes as well as

the blue and orange nova and low viz schemes

I m not a super fan of the yf 19, and I didnt bought it, but if yamato make it in a low vis scheme i will absolutly buy it :D:p:rolleyes:

I voted "Have no real interest in repaints of this". Personally, one YF-19 is plenty for me. While I like the design, I don't like it enough to buy repaints ad nauseam like I did with the VF-1.

Same here.

I'm the same about only really wanting one myself, but I'm actually wondering if it will BE a repaint. I like the design of the 19, and unlike the VF-1, it isn't tied so much for me to the shows it was in or the roles it played.

Hmm...I wonder if painting a Ford Pinto with a 'Low Viz paint scheme would make it desireable.

I like the '19 a great deal, but for the most part repaints are silly, in my opinion...

I might buy a second YF-19 to do my own non-cannon repaint, but that's about it. The YF-19 was the prototype of the VF-19 so to me it doesn't make alot of sense to have things like a lo-vis, or urban camo version. I could see it for the VF-19, but not the YF-19

BTW wasn't there supposed to be 2nd Yf-19 prototypes in Mac+ (one which was never seen) Is there any cannon artwork of what the second YF-19's markings and paint scheme was?

Low Vis or Stealthesh is the ONLY way to go, anything less would be un-civilized!!!! Now, i didnt buy the YF-19 cause i was waiting for the low vis scheme (and Graham said there are chances that they make it, so i am praying and taking my vitamins every day), but i actually hope it is their 3rd version, as i want it to be perfect!!!

A low-vis YF-19 ala the first VF-1A with FP's and Low Vis'd FOLD.

That would probably be the only repaint i'd go for.

I would rather buy all the YF-21 1/60 possible re-paints over any of the 19.

The 19 is beautiful as it is, it doesn't need any tinkering.

YF-21 is the cash cow Yamato! HURRY UP!

As much as I'm a fan of the Stealth/Low Viz schemes, I wouldn't mind the Supernova Blue scheme more. There's something "Max Jenius"-esque about the scheme that I just like (Plus, it's something a little different).

Gotta agree with Valkyrie addict's earlier comments, as well: a Skull-Leader color-scheme would be pretty cool too.

Yamato, we want you to make the following paintscheme:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/magazi...june02page5.jpg

As I've said in other threads, the thing I don't like about this particular scheme is that the shield is just too light; I'd rather have the shield's color blend in more with the rest of the plane.

Edited by Mog

I wouldn't mind some semi-cannon paint schemes from previous characters like Hikaru (DYRL/SDF), Roy, Max (DYRL/SDF) ect.

But what I'd really like to hear is that Yamato is making the VF-19S Excalibur.

Aside from the license, why exactly would it be difficult to modify the current YF-19?

The differences between the YF-19/VF-19A and the VF-19F/S are pretty big if you look closely. David-mod (sorry I can never get the second part of your name) could explain it better in more technical terms.

You'd basically need to redo the 19 from scratch for a 19F/S and probably for a 19custom and 19P.

Here are the differences I could find, although I think David-mod had done a list on Macross Nexus when MW was down. There was some discussion on this subject lechuck, and there were a number of people who participated but I can't remember names, so I'll just sum up what I remember.

Making changes in one part of the design will affect the transformation. Even little changes. Changing the shape of the shoulders could prevent it from transforming properly if you don't change the shape of the legs, for example. Therefore you can't just do some modifications, you have to redo the whole damn thing. Look at what happened because someone changed something small between the prototype of the new 19 toy and the production model: crooked gunpod.

In any case here's the differences between the YF-19/VF-19A and the VF-19F/S, and anyone who has a remote grasp of vocabulary for aircraft is going to cringe, so I apologise in advance:

-no canard wings

-longer LERX (not sure if it's the right term), what becomes the hips are longer on the F/S model.

-the head sits flush with no gap in fighter mode on the F/S model

-different head(s)

-the shoulders are a different shape and have flaps that fold down behind the shoulders in battroid mode for the F/S model, that the YF-19/VF-19A doesn't have.

-different shield.

-different legs so that the shoulders can lock into them in fighter mode (since the shoulders are shaped different)

-new ankle things

-different (crap I forgot the name of that part!) the wing things that stick up in the back, they're farther out, on the wings versus on the legs

-different wings

-different air-intake covers for battroid