Macross 25th Anniversary! New TV series coming!

wolfx

I think we should make a poll, who wants it a sequel, side story from the original Macross or a Reboot.

I could really go for a sequel, though I won't fuss either way.

Btw, Black, if you don't mind my saying you could use better picture of that figure for your avatar. This one's a little hazy and dark.

Rights = control.

Sadly if you actually believe that then you are truly ignorant of contracts and the reality of business.

Money = Control

Popularity = Control

Rights = Whoever lies best in Court, has the most money, and the best lawyers(or gets a socially bias judge).

This is NOT my viewpoint of capitalism but the viewpoints of the large japanese publishing company's that control what is going on in the business.

But my point was never about this garbage "artist control vs company's" anyways. It was solely about the comments which I've already covered, cultural impressions and differences are meaningless where paid artists are concerned. Paided artists are not altruistic, in any culture. Sure paided artists can have an opinion, but it's an opinion that is completely empty of worth in the face of the cash in their hand.

-----

Graham that's good to know. Not really informative though.... :/

Edited by chrono

I feel this is long unresolved struggle between two different system of belief (you can see it at work in House M.D.). It is worthy to note that each system has its own way to work through life so each one find the other arrogant because it didn't spent time using its own way. In the social system you copy what others do, you spend time befriending them before telling them they are doing wrong, you show you wish to gain their approvation and such. In the intellectual (I'm lacking a better word) system you try to fix old craps that never really worked fine using innovating approaches, and you may be wrong or right but you have to try it out to see it if it really works

I don't think some of what you've listed is unique to those seemingly opposite approaches. We all copy those we admire, we all experiment with truth, and we all choose who we will listen to and who we won't. I think the real difference in the two approaches lies in how we view others, whether they're worthy of dignity and respect, and how we think they fit with the truth we hold. Our methods fall out from whether we think truth is to be shared with others for their own sake-- that this is actually an integral part of the very truth we seek-- or whether they're purely distractions to our own search.

and what other people say doesn't matter because in the quest for truth you are alone. Truth is the secret keyword.

Heh. Problem is, the odds are 6.5 billion to one that we're one of these other people. Isolating ourselves to our own thoughts is a sure-fire way to be wrong. And the odds are getting worse by the minute. :)

===============================================

Mar.23, 2007

The last news from Macross Official Web Site:

http://www.macross.co.jp

IPB Image

The Macross 25th Exhibition by Satelight involve the powerful Macross Zero VF-OS transformation process show and some Macross series items.

The pic is Satelight booth in TAF Business Day on Mar.22.

p.s.

These days, Satelight update TAF news for Kissdum and Aquarion, no New Macross...

Are you ready announce New Macross production plan???

All update news in here:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...1926&st=254

:)

Macross Flyer hu?

I can only hope it's not about sailplanes...

Why no.

It's about the Flyer team with each member flying a special prototype VF-X-EX MK.XX Valkyrie. They have special ablative armor that protects them from Basaras singing and have been programmed to automatically seek and destroy any Valks with faces or boobs on them.

Each Valkyrie is powerful on its own, but together the Valkyrie bots can transform and merge into VALCUGAN!!!

Defender not of the Universe but of ALL DIMENSIONS!!! And with its trustworthy ultra hyper mega DX bazooka gunpod - nicknamed "Sarah Jane" by the team members, no evil can withstand this ultimate force.

Given that R's and L's in Japanese are pretty much interchangeable, the new series could just as easily be Macross Fryer-- you know, a series about Max and Milia's cooking misadventures.

When is Max going to just put the oil out of her reach? :rolleyes:

Sorta related...More from the Tokyo International Anime Fair 2007:

http://www.akibaos.com/img.php?img=20070322e07

(Yes, that signature is dated March 21st, 2007)

Should any of you attempt to go to the convention center and attempt to remove that slab of drywall and door, I imagine you'll be asked some questions at Customs....

Should any of you attempt to go to the convention center and attempt to remove that slab of drywall and door, I imagine you'll be asked some questions at Customs....

The one on the left reminds me of the Nirvash head from Eureka 7...

Well wouldn't it kick ass to have the series take place between SDF Macross and Macross Plus, featuring the VF-4 as the main variable fighter? :D

Then again post VFX2 or VFX2-era with new stuff could be just as cool...

And VF-1s with laser-less heads look wrong.

Judging by the head design, I'm expecting Asuka from NGE will come jumping out of that cockpit.

Given that R's and L's in Japanese are pretty much interchangeable, the new series could just as easily be Macross Fryer-- you know, a series about Max and Milia's cooking misadventures.

Could also be Macross Fryel About a giant metal file used to file the toe nails on giant Zentrans.

I could really go for a sequel, though I won't fuss either way.

Btw, Black, if you don't mind my saying you could use better picture of that figure for your avatar. This one's a little hazy and dark.

I need to get a better digi-cam. A reboot would be better, I really don`t care for the original ones anymore except for the first TV series.

When is Max going to just put the oil out of her reach? :rolleyes:

There aren't many places she can't reach when she's a 60 foot tall alien.

Could also be Macross Fryel About a giant metal file used to file the toe nails on giant Zentrans.

Hah. Not inconceivable. The possibilities are endless!

When is Big West going to make the official announcement?

Probably by summer. The deadline for applications for the lead female seiyuu/singer is next Saturday (March 31st). After which, auditions for the ones who make it past the initial screening, call backs and interviews, and then hopefully, a candidate. Hopefully, by the end of April/early May, we should have a cast debut. The casting call was an open call, so we won't know how many applied until next week.

Probably by summer. The deadline for applications for the lead female seiyuu/singer is next Saturday (March 31st). After which, auditions for the ones who make it past the initial screening, call backs and interviews, and then hopefully, a candidate. Hopefully, by the end of April/early May, we should have a cast debut. The casting call was an open call, so we won't know how many applied until next week.

Thanks!

I'm just wondering if casting an unknown singer is a good thing? Not to say that she wouldn't be any good, but an established VA and singer would be nice for publicity. How did Mari-san start out?

I'm just wondering if casting an unknown singer is a good thing? Not to say that she wouldn't be any good, but an established VA and singer would be nice for publicity. How did Mari-san start out?

Macross was Mari Iijima's first job as a VA and professional singer, so casting an unknown wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing :)

Macross was Mari Iijima's first job as a VA and professional singer, so casting an unknown wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing :)

I was at AMA last year and my friends watched her live concert as well as stayed for her q/a. She said she hated being typecasted as Minmei and tryed distancing herself from her since her fans always compared her to Minmei, saying her solo stuff sounded different and not like the Minmei they knew her as.

I think she has a successful solo career but I am not sure, maybe some of you know her stuff better than I do.

it's macross idol!! a story about how contestant enter a reality show type to see who sings the most with Basara, Minmei and Myung as judges but the viewers decides who wins and gets a contract to be the next Macross Idol, hahahahahahaa

Oh god. it would be just another tried and tested rehash from the T.V co`s