Battlestar Galactica Discussion

If a group of synthetic beings murdered almost a trillion people and left the remaining without even a planet to live on, I say it's just fine if they are not treated as regular human beings. Makes perfect sense to me.

That's assuming the people in the series are "regular human beings".

That's assuming the people in the series are "regular human beings".

That is a good point. But as far as they are concerned they are, which is the basis for their opinions and for the way they treat the known Cylons.

Looks like Dualla and Cally are missing from that pic. All the other couples are together...

Here's an interesting little link:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20169703,00.html

Click on the numbered red dots to bring up some hints. the bar at the bottom is a slider to reveal the rest of the "supper".

It might hold the clue to who the final Cylon is.

My vote = Zak Adama

That would be far too soap-operay. I hope not but it makes sense

I believe that now that 4/5 are activated, they are able to be recognized, at least in some fashion. Obviously Athena noticed nothing, but that raider did, and so did 6.

From what I saw in the episode, it was a reaction. Anders was like "OH SHI-" and couldn't hit. Instead of Adama's old girlfriend he couldn't shoot as his gun was jammed, so he instinctively gave the signal that he was friendly don't fire. So the Cylons put two and two together and figured they should pull back for now.

Also, why is it, that only Athena, is considered a person amongst the crew, Adama and it seems now even Roslin?

Athena's been thru alot more stuff. She's been there for what 3 years now? Doing stuff like getting the keys for the engines of every ship to get their collective butts off New Caprica has to pay dividends. The Six unit screwed Baltar out of the codes for the Colonies defences(imagine what'd happen if they knew that?), and only got the baby back. There's still alot of work for here to be allowed free movement and even then she hasn't shown interest in helping the humans, only in protecting Hera.

On that note you got to feel bad about Boomer. All she did was get turned on and shoot Adama, now she's the demon stuck on the Basestars. She doesn't even have the option of redemption.

I'm thinking the last Cylon's on Earth now and will be revealed when they arrive.

Edited by Wes

Wes I agree, Athena did a tremendous amount to earn the trust of the people in the fleet. I just hope/want we as a people on the show, to take her as an example for what could happen and try to apply it to other Cylons.

I honestly think, the Cylons will have to join with the fleet (in some capacity) for the fleet to survive by the end of this. If it weren't for at least 4/5 being present and Anders being a Viper jock, I think the fleet would have lost a lot more in that nebula than just the 1 ship.

I also agree with the Anders idea. There was something, subconscious or instinctively passed between Anders and the raider, that caused it and everything else, to spool up and leave the fleet alone.

I DO also feel bad about Boomer. She has had a rough rough time. I just re-watched the first episode of season 2. She doesn't even realize she's hurt Adama until after the guards start hauling her away. She loses her lover, her home, her comrades and her identity and then her life. She is downloaded, but cannot come to terms with what she did and who/what she is. To top it all off, her and Caprica try to unite the Cylons and try to help them find a way to peacefully live with humanity. Of course, this goes horribly awry, so she potentially has the guilt of that on top of everything else. Boomer hasn't gotten a break in a long time.

That's exactly what I mean too. Boomer shot the old man, she also was involved in the destruction of the water tanks on Galactica which put the whole fleet at risk. Yet we as the audience, despite that, feel bad for her and for all she has suffered.

Both races have plenty to answer for in the scheme of the shows history/events. Are humans and Cylons morally so different? Cylons are capable of human emotion, reproduction (although so far, only with humans, not Cylon/Cylon breeding). They think, feel, evolve, and appear just like us. When do they stop being things and start being people?

Both races have plenty to answer for in the scheme of the shows history/events. Are humans and Cylons morally so different? Cylons are capable of human emotion, reproduction (although so far, only with humans, not Cylon/Cylon breeding). They think, feel, evolve, and appear just like us. When do they stop being things and start being people?

We probably won't know until the last episode or so.

Not sure if you guys noticed but scifi.com now has a promotion that will stream each new episode of BSG 10 hours early, so its streaming LIVE right now!

It begins every Friday at Noon EST

It may be late now, but great for fridays at work!

Crap, caught the last 2 minutes. I won't spoil it for people waiting to see it tonight.

Looks like Adama is gonna put some faith in Starbuck. Interesting to see how this will play out.

Honestly Skull, I'd rate this episode as being at least twice as good as our the premiere last week. The premiere had a lot to cover, now we can get into the meat of the questions and story lines. I think it's only going to get better from here.

Here's a trailer for episode 3: http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=UMyhMeLjEnU for those who watched the ep this morning. It is a smidge spoilery, at least in terms of potentially providing clues about tonights episode. Still for those who wish to watch it, enjoy.

I really hope that we see Cally get airlocked like the preview implies. The show would have rid itself of the final character I dislike.

So does it only stream that once? Or can I get it to work now. It isn't for me... :(

If it's like last week, it only streams once. :(

With BSG back, every Friday feels like Christmas Eve again.

HeadBaltar was one of the most fracked-up things they've ever done on this show.....and it was great! Natalie's a very interesting character, but I wish we had seen her on the show before, as a "normal" Cylon, then screwing everything up.

BTW, can Baltar get any more batshat crazy? I am begging and pleading that when this show ends, he ends up being nothing more than a pathetic, weakminded fool, who really is nothing special.

White, I think that's what alot of us have been guessing for a long while now. But, in a recent interview with Katee Sackhoff, she says that you think you have it figured out (I think they were halfway through filming this season at the time), and they totally turn it on its ear. What looks somewhat obvious to those trying to figure it out may not be, at all.

I'm still sticking with the "guess", but I'm expecting to be surprised, and perhaps shocked. Would be kinda sad for all of us to have had this show figured out going back to like, season 1.

The Baltar/Baltar scene was priceless. Though I gotta say, this episodes adds some more tidbits to my Baltar threory.

Lets look at what we have:

In this episode we now know all significant 7 model numbers.

Cavil is 1

Leoben is 2

D'anna is 3

Simon is 4

Doral is 5

Caprica is 6

we have no 7

Boomer is 8

My bet is Tigh, Tori, Andersand Tyrol occupy the 9-12 slots, with number 7 still unknown. 7 is regularly tied to the divine. Who, in all the series has been under such divine protection/guidance etc? Baltar. On top of it all, his mini-speech regarding the Orchestra and it becoming clearer is a dead ringer for what was going on with our 4 new Cylons. I don't think he worded it that way deliberately per-say. However, I think it did come from somewhere, perhaps buried within his subconscious.

The Natalie story line is great so far, it creates quite a bit of trouble in the Cylon ranks. I hope we see a lot more of this.

Cavil is an interesting case though. Here is a...being, descendant from machines that humans made. We treated them as slaves and they rose up against us for it. Look at how Cavil views the raiders, something with at least some for of sentient thought, and he is lobotomizing them to remove part of that. He calls himself a mechanic, I imagine we sounded very much the same, before our own creations rebelled.

Do we still have to use spoiler tags now? :unsure:

My comments going from beginning of ep to the end:

• Loved Kara's speech and points at the beginning. I love it when the characters remember and bring up key stuff from the past.

• What a nice way to get back to our "Cylon slice of life" storyline: hearing that strangely appropriate Moonlight Sonata-like theme again; a naked Sharon doing some ballet/tai-chi junk; and Cavil being a snarky, foul-mouthed preacher. :D

• Someone check on myk: he must have fainted after seeing Racetrack "pay up" for losing that card hand.

• Got giddy like a school-girl with the return of Head Baltar! ^_^ That scene with the two of them was just too much fun!!

• Roslin must have her b!tch dial turned up to 11 this week.

• Was it just me, or did it look like the Centurions were flipping a little "FRAK YOU!" with their gun-mounts?

• Anyone else catch that little nod from the Admiral to Helo? Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I definitely wasn't getting a warm and fuzzy from it.
Edited by Mog

• Loved Kara's speech and points at the beginning. I love it when the characters remember and bring up key stuff from the past.

• What a nice way to get back to our "Cylon slice of life" storyline: hearing that strangely appropriate Moonlight Sonata-like theme again; a naked Sharon doing some ballet/tai-chi junk; and Cavil being a snarky, foul-mouthed preacher. :D

• Someone check on myk: he must have fainted after seeing Racetrack "pay up" for losing that card hand.

• Got giddy like a school-girl with the return of Head Baltar! ^_^ That scene with the two of them was just too much fun!!

• Was it just me, or did it look like the Centurions were flipping a little "FRAK YOU!" with their gun-mounts?

• Anyone else catch that little nod from the Admiral to Helo? Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I definitely wasn't getting a warm and fuzzy from it.

Roslin's always been a class 11 bitch, it's just that usually she's the protagonist and in the right.

MMMMMMM Racetrack!!!!! [Drools]

I was thinking the same thing about Roslyn. She is really getting self-ritious now. I liked what adama said to her...even though he was drunk :p speaking of what Adama said to her......what if Lee ends up being the "dying Leader."

After his grand send off and all. It was really like they were saying good-bye

Or at very least he may become President one day after Roslyn dies. Great Episode!!! Don't you just love the hipocracy of the cylons!? I've been saying it since the 1st season and now it's finally comming to a head!!!

Chris

Here's something going back to last week's ep that kind of caught me then, but I didn't notice it until it repeated last night before the new episode:

Did anyone notice that the raider that chatted up Anders had a different eyepiece than the one's we've seen thus far? This one's eyepiece was more of a chevron, like the centurions. But the raiders we've seen before this had an eyepiece that just went straight across.

I'm not sure what the purpose for the design change is, but I find it kind of odd that they would alter the visual continuity so late in the game.

post-179-1208008286_thumb.jpg

post-179-1208008292_thumb.jpg

Edited by the white drew carey

One thing that...well...I don't know if it bugs me or not, I guess I find it more amussing, is how they changed the text in the introduction from "Cylons were created by man...blah blah blah...and they have a plan" To 7 are known one will be revealed. It just seems like the writers realized that the whole plan thing wasn't panning out because it sure didn't seem like the Cylons had one, so they desided to focus on the last unknown cylon instead.

Chris

I think the main problem with the "plan" is that going into the series (from the mini), the writers had no plan. They've made it up as they go along, with some stuff changing season to season.