Battlestar Galactica Discussion

You know, if you get any more ironic with your posting, a giant singularity will form and draw all the cosmos into its maw.

LOL.

Looks out of window for large spherical dark shape in sky.

From what I understand "Caprica" has been in development hell for a while.

Caprica is looking at 2008, and RDM and David Eick have enough on their plate until next year so I don't think we'll be hearing anymore for a while.

Time for the latest from AICN:

“Razor,†a new two-hour “Battlestar Galactica†movie that will hit the SciFi Channel in November and be released on DVD about the same time, revolves around the Battlestar Pegasus, the ship sacrificed to liberate New Caprica last season.

SyFy Portal has some new and fascinating rumors on the project. Three excerpts from the article lurk in invisotext.

Excerpt one.

"Cain and Gina were quite close," a source tells SyFy Portal. "In fact, they were lovers. We don't exactly come out and say it, but you'd have to be sleeping through the middle of all this to not pick up on their relationship."

Two.

Cain is fighting some demons of her own, one of the biggest ones stretching back to the original Cylon War 40 years before where she watched her parents executed by the 1970s versions of the living machines, and being forced to make the impossible decision of leaving her little sister behind in an effort to save herself.

Three.

As previously reported on SyFy Portal, rumors were out that the original Cylon models from the 1970s ABC series would make a cameo appearance in the telemovie, but another source says that's just not true. The inclusion of the original models is full on, and they will likely get more screen time than the new versions first introduced in the 2003 miniseries.

Who's Gina, again? We're not talking about Six, are we? Wow, Hell really hath no fury...

Edited by myk

Who's Gina, again?

Gina was another copy of the Cylon Model #6 (the blonde one played by Tricia Helfer, that seduced Baltar to give her access to the planetary defense network in the original mini-series etc.). She ended up on the Pegasus somehow and after she killed a boat load of her crew (at least by what some of the crew declares) she was brutally gang raped and tortured until the Pegasus miraculously met up with the Galatica fleet. There's more to it than that, but without popping in the episodes in question i can't really say for certain. Hope that helps.

Edited by Veritas

Cain is fighting some demons of her own, one of the biggest ones stretching back to the original Cylon War 40 years before where she watched her parents executed by the 1970s versions of the living machines, and being forced to make the impossible decision of leaving her little sister behind in an effort to save herself.

See, I am telling you, I bet the Pegasus turned tail and ran when the Cylons attacked! Cain is a coward.

BTW, on IGN, Katee Sackhoff says that the only thing she can say about season 4 is that Starbuck is real, she isn't a figment of anyone's imagination or just a voice in Apollo's head.

With the cancellation of the series now the die-cast Hasbro Titanium line is going to stop. I was hoping they would create the current and 70's version of the Basestars.

• 3 weeks later...

New News:

An army of online journalists recently converged on the Vancouver set of “Battlestar Galactica.” Media Blvd. covered the press event and came back with a couple of intriguing spoilers for the earliest episodes of the series’ fourth and final season, filming now.

An excerpt:

[Actor Aaron] Douglas revealed that the final 5 Cylons are in fact a different breed of Cylon than the human form versions that attacked the colonies. These 5 in fact are the original Cylon’s, are immortal, and are the Cylon Gods. Apparently, the repeating theme within the show, that all of this has happened before, and will happen again is going to be explored in the final season. But it was clear that the implications are that the Cylon’s rose before in the distant past of the colonies, and will rise again.

This is especially interesting because “Galactica” mastermind Ron Moore is still keen to mount “Caprica,” a “Galactica” prequel series set about 50 years before Cylon War II. This series was supposed to deal with a Caprican scientist’s creation of the Cylons. Douglas’ assertions, though, suggest Cylons have been around a whole lot longer than 50 years.

Another excerpt:

In Season 4, according to those on the set, it will be revealed that the centurion models are capable of intelligent thought, but the human form Cylons have been suppressing that ability with a device implanted in the positronic brain of the Cylon’s that prevents them from reasoning, and keeps them passive. No one would go into further details, but apparently a number of Centurions have these devices removed, and the battle damaged set is the result of the confrontation between these Centurions and their human form Cylon Masters.

SciFi will transmit a Pegasus-centric two-hour “Galactica” TV-movie titled “Razor” in November. The other 20 hours of the final season will hit SciFi next year.

http://www.mediablvd.com/magazine/Magazine...7224329329.html

I'm not sure where you guys get this idea that Cain lied, she always said that they fled. She says something to the effect that the Pegasus had docked at the Scorpion fleet yards and most of the crew was preparing for leave, and then the Cylons attacked destroying several ships, 2 of them Battlestars, right off the bat along with several hundred of her crew. Adama or Roslyn then ask her what she did next and she said she ordered a blind jump. Sounds, to me, like she had no problem admitting she ran . I guess I'm just misunderstanding what you and Duke are talking about, because she was really up front about it all along.

Chris

I'm not sure where you guys get this idea that Cain lied, she always said that they fled. She says something to the effect that the Pegasus had docked at the Scorpion fleet yards and most of the crew was preparing for leave, and then the Cylons attacked destroying several ships, 2 of them Battlestars, right off the bat along with several hundred of her crew. Adama or Roslyn then ask her what she did next and she said she ordered a blind jump. Sounds, to me, like she had no problem admitting she ran . I guess I'm just misunderstanding what you and Duke are talking about, because she was really up front about it all along.

Chris

From what my memory recalls from that episode... I believe you are right.

I think she lied and they did fight at the scorpion naval yards, i only base this on the fact that i think Cain is brave when she has numbers.

I think there was a fight but she hid her ship behind the other two battle stars, letting them take the brunt of the damage while she came in later and swept everything up OR while the other two where fighting she had her navigator Make the Calculations and jump out. Hell Maybe even the #6 she was with could have warned her when she docked up at port, playing on the whole "Robots With Emotions" theme.

Only reason i say that theres more to the scorpion shipyards theory is that it seems she is infact a coward, or a survivalist, and if theres one thing those have in common is the refusal to risk ones life on a whim. She knew where she was going, how she find time to do that during an attack is the real question.

Another interesting thing is what happened to her civilian fleet? Although she mentions cannibalizing a couple of ships i think theres more to the story, and i really hope that Razor delivers answers to these questions.

I think she lied and they did fight at the scorpion naval yards, i only base this on the fact that i think Cain is brave when she has numbers.

Exactly. I think the story that is told and what actually happened are two different things. I think she had a chance to stand and fight at the ship yards, and instead ran for her life.

I was watching the first episode on Universal HD yesterday and really wish they hadn't jumped the shark with teh Apollo/Starbuck thing, though in retrospect it was inevitable. Boy, do I wish Mr Escalate would have socked Stands with a Fist in the face, though. :ph34r:

It's nice that Aoshima is doing the 16" resin, it'll be too expensive for me though. With the cancellation of the series I'm sad that there's no possibility of Hasbro doing a large scale 70s BSG Titanium ship like they did for the 2000 version.

Just found this guys...

UPDATED!!

More SciFi Webisodes!!

Adama: The Early Years!!

From Gateworld.com:

Written by Michael Taylor and directed by Wayne Rose and Felix Alcala, "these shorts will provide a sneak peek into the original Cylon War, when a young pilot named William Adama (Nico Cortez) discovers a dangerous Cylon weapon that will come back to haunt him and his crew 40 years later," SCI FI revealed. They will also be included in the DVD release of "Razor."

SciFi Channel announced that "Razor," which will be made available on DVD a short time later, will air on the network Nov. 24. The shorts, written by Michael Taylor and directed by Wayne Rose and Felix Alcala, apparently were part of the original script that were cut because of time from the final movie, a source tells SyFy Portal. The scenes featured in the promotional cuts will be included in the uncut movie release on DVD as part of the overall movie.