Battlestar Galactica Discussion

What the hell?! Nice ride, though. I enjoy the way the song eventually surfaced and became part of the episode's climax...

Looks like Starbuck's destiny may well be helping the fleet find Earth. But is she really back in the flesh? Or will she be Lee's version of Head-Six/Baltar? :huh: I don't doubt that she is actually alive. I'm just not sure she is where she appears to be in that last episode.

Was the picture of Earth at the end of the ep the actual first time they've really acknowledged it's existence within the continuity of the show?

That it was. Not only that, but the Earth we see there doesn't seem to be some sort of wasteland. Blue & green, all the way.

Florida looks migthy fine from the cockpit of a Viper.

Damn, that was awesome. Third quarter season filler episodes might not be so good, but hell if RDM knows how to make some hell of finales and openers. Can't wait until the Pegasus movie and, specially, next year.

I believe the song was covered by the composer for the show Bear McCreary.

Great episode, Starbuck returning to me seems like a nod to the whole ship of lights thing. Notice how her Viper is Gleamingly clean with no markings except for the Red stipes and the squadron sheild, other wise the Viper was factory fresh and shiney. I too wonder if she is REALLY back.

Chris

I believe the song was covered by the composer for the show Bear McCreary.

Great episode, Starbuck returning to me seems like a nod to the whole ship of lights thing. Notice how her Viper is Gleamingly clean with no markings except for the Red stipes and the squadron sheild, other wise the Viper was factory fresh and shiney. I too wonder if she is REALLY back.

Chris

one of the rumors being thrown around is that she's inside lee's head like six and baltar are inside each others.

This was a pretty good episode... at least once the Lee Matlock stuff was done. Baltar's cultists are all fairly attractive females? Hopefully they're actually hermaphrodites or syphillis carriers or something and he finally gets his due. :lol:

Wahahahaha!!! :D You never know. Anything can happen. Back on topic.. Now that we know who 4 out of the 5 final models of cylons are, anyone want to speculate who the 5th is? 2008 is so far away....

Edited by holytoledo69

Sounds like the DVD "movie" is going to be about Pegasus!!!! :D

Here is a sample of an interview with Ron Moore:

..snip..

I get the feeling it will start with Pegasus making the blind jump and follow through until it meets Galactica.

We'll probably get to see Cain and some of her crew's slow desent into madness and desperation.

Chris

This is one of the things I'd really like to see. How did we get to the 'Lord of the Flies' type thing they had going on?

Did they ever explain where/when they got their Six?

Yes, it's horrible that we have to speculate for 9 months without any hints of:

Is Starbuck REALLY back?

Are those 4 REALLY Cylons, and if so...who's #5?

This is one of the things I'd really like to see. How did we get to the 'Lord of the Flies' type thing they had going on?

Did they ever explain where/when they got their Six?

Yes, it's horrible that we have to speculate for 9 months without any hints of:

Is Starbuck REALLY back?

Are those 4 REALLY Cylons, and if so...who's #5?

The did say, but I can't remember exactly....I think she was a dock worker or something that was aboard during the attack and they just took her in and made her "family." Then she snapped and started killing the crew.

I read on another forum that some else had read an interview with RDM that the 4 are 100% cylons but they are different in their motivations. I haven't read the actual interview so at the moment it is still up in the air.

Me, I believe they are Cylons...but that the 5 have completly different motivations than the 7 and the rest of the Cylon empire. Just the way that the 7 don't know anything about the 5 nor do they generally speak of them indicates to me that the 5 have a whole different agenda. Possibly to help the humans...since all this has happened before. ;)

Chris

Huh.

The S4 finale marks an interesting retun to some of the paranoia that was present early on in the series after Sharon was revelaed to be a cylon & prior to Baltar's supposed Cylon test. Once humanity realized Cyclons came in humanoid flavors instead of just the standard Toaster style, everyone seemed paranoid that those around them, if not they themselves, might be cylons. Well, turns out that some of 'em were correct in their paranoia...

So... onto the 'final four-of-five...'

Well, initially, I thought that just 'cause the characters think they are cylons doesn't mean they are cylons.

However, then I find this enigmatic crap from RM that seems to confirm the ARE in fact cylons:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07085/770732-352.stm

Not sure how I feel about this, as it all seems rather random & a big deus-ex-machina-kinda-BS writer's somersault. It just feels rushed & poorly planed. Just as an example... Roslyn's PR hack has been something of a background character... now, all of a sudden, she's snoggin' Anders & has been revealed as a potentially pivital character? WTF? Weeeeeeak...

At any rate...

Remember the line way back in the series, when Leobon said 'Adama is a Cylon?' And we never did get any real payoff as to what made Lee so angsty after the Resurrection ship's destruction. I bet this still plays out. Emo-boy Lee is likely the fifth frakkin' Cylon, I suspect.

So... it appears the newly outed cylons have some connection to Earth... based on the Watchtower reference... although the fact that it was a new interpretation as opposed to either the 'definitive' Dylan or Hendrix versions places the exact earth era somewhat in question. The lyrics are rather archtypal, having both Tarot & mythic resonance, so the exact earth-era remains wide open to speculation, IMO.

I am intrigued, perplexed, & somewhat annoyed at this juncture of the series.

I kinda feel like seasons 2 & 3 have been a waste, however; damn near every character seems to be right back where they started.... sorta.

The Mini-series & Season 1 were some of the best Sci-fi around... Season 2 & 3 have both suffered from a lot of preachy &/ or pointless filler, IMO. I was actually disappointed to hear that Sci-Fi increased their order of episodes for Season 4. I'd rather they kept the Season short & tight... otherwise the writers seem to meander a bit too much. They seem to be makin' poo up along just for shock value. Oh well, I hope Season 4 wraps it all up nicely.

Despite some of my apparent criticism, don't get me wrong, tho... I'll likely stick around 'til the end. I just have no Fn clue where this series is headed. :huh:

Edited by Amped

Judging by the link Amped posted....the movie sounds like a 2-part episode from Season 4 that got pulled from the episodes for Season 4. It sounds like plays into Season 4 but isn't necessary viewing if you have watched the previous season(s). And it definitely sounds like, what would-be flashback episode. A 2-hour flashback episode, but a flashback, nonetheless.

I should remember not to look at this thread given that I haven't had a chance to watch the last 3 episodes this season....oh well, the deed is done.

Ummm... did no one else but me notice that Starbuck's voice was crystal clear and lacking the "radio distortion" normally heard when the pilots have their helmets on? They even had Lee speak so that there would be a clear difference between their two voices.

Yeah that's one of the reasons I catched the 2nd showing, there was alot of information and it what hard to analze all of it. I'm just thinking it might be a perspective thing with the camera - their voices are always or almost always normal in their own cockpits, but over the radio and when they're not being show, like heard on the Galactica, they're distorted. I heard her coming up broken on the radio when it was showing Lee in his cockpit.

I've kinda been thinking that Starbuck could be the 5th Cylon. Her mother could've been an older version of herself. That would kinda explain why her mother abused her as a child.

Inconsistent tactics. It's been shown before that the Galactica sends scout raiders before the main fleet jumps as a precautionary measure against surprises. So what was different about this time? Given that they were jumping into a gas cloud, one would think that would be something they would have done, especially since they have no idea what was there.

I do like the acting during the "OMG, we're cylons!" It was very powerful. As for Lee, I'm so tired of his emo, soul searching quest.

vinnie

The cheif's one of the final five. The Cylon's are unaware of this (even he just found out). So naturally Nicky's helf blood status is pretty much unknown to most caring parties.

I agree completely on the acting in the reveal. Especially Tigh. His statements on who he is as well as the part where he tells Adama he "can count on me" made the scene work.

Well the court room drama was great. Although i had read some posts here and knew about the final five/four thing, it was still really good viewing. But ...... ARGH!!! 2008. why do all my favotite shows take so long to come back. Oh well at least I have Heros to watch as I just got the first episode.

Chief is old generation Cylon, like, pre-Six generation. Probably pre-Cylon War I.

One thing is bugging me. While I can understand that the childhood memories are planted in the Cylon sleeper SkinJobs. How does it work with Tigh. I mean Adama and him have been friends since The acadamy so he and Bill were young once. This asks a question was Tigh a Cylon when he was younger or is he some sort of replacement, replicant ? The other could be that Adama is also a Cylon.

Possibly dating to before the First Cylon War, maybe? The replacement theory might work. Though what are the odds all five woud make it to the fleet (with two, possibly three, in high postions on Galactica herself)?

One thing that bugs me is the model #'s of the cylons. We know the girls' #'s at least, don't remember if they ever gave us #'s for the guys. Lucy Lawless is 3, Tricia Helfer is 6 and Grace Park is 8. Now I realize they probably wrote this before deciding that the final 5 were all mysterious, but it forbids the possibility that the 5 are models 1-5 or 7-12 and thus the first set of human-like cylons or the most recent & advanced.

One thing that bugs me is the model #'s of the cylons. We know the girls' #'s at least, don't remember if they ever gave us #'s for the guys. Lucy Lawless is 3, Tricia Helfer is 6 and Grace Park is 8. Now I realize they probably wrote this before deciding that the final 5 were all mysterious, but it forbids the possibility that the 5 are models 1-5 or 7-12 and thus the first set of human-like cylons or the most recent & advanced.

Yeah I agree with that. Whats to say 1-5 were nothing but prototypes. afterall we have protoyped stuff at work. Several versions never made it past the workshop door. Whats to say our "final" 5 are not 7 through 12. Also could the writers just add more say "opps we forgot about the other 10".

I think that it could turn out as the whos not a Cylon show featuring that thoroughly nice chap Baltar.

If this does go on to a 5th series could we see somthing like the last series of Farsacape, You know lots of earth based stuff with "Hi we`re the aliens from the 12 Colonies"