OK it is the 20th of Oct last call for Boomer and AD Police points to be sent in. You have 24 hours to get them to me in the mail before the Oct 31 deadline.

So far I have received points from the following.

thegunny

sil80jdm

ZX31

crasis

Edited by Save

Nice of Yamato USA. From ToyboxDX:

Re: [bubblegum Crisis] Yamato 1/15 Motoslave

Posted by: Warrhead (---.dsl.frs2ca.sbcglobal.net)

Date: October 20, 2008 08:41PM

WOW. ...just... WOW. I recently had bought a Linna Motoslave, and the first time I fiddled with it I tried to tweak the handgrips because they lay flush against the fuel tank and it seemed dumb like that. They seemed like they would pivot but alas that's how they were molded. Since I was trying to pivot both of them at the same time they both broke uniformly and now I had a bike with no hand grips. I felt dumb as a bag of dicks. Anyway, even though I had bought it through HLJ I decided to contact Yamato USA to see if they would help. I EVEN TOLD THEM THAT I BROKE THEM THROUGH MY OWN DUMBASSERY! When I wrote them though, for some reason I told them that I had bought the Nene Motoslave as opposed to the Linna. Anyway, I never heard back from them and just assumed that they had brushed me off. I figured I had gotten "Yamatoed" as the expression goes...

Then today there was a package waiting for me from Their warehouse with a boxed and brand new Nene Motoslave in it. Kick ass! Now all I have to do is buy the replacement parts from HLJ and I'll have two for essentially the price of one! I mean, I have a pink Motoslave, but I think my wife would have gotten a kick out of that, who knows.

Maybe I DID get Yamatoed, but that "getting Yamatoed" is as ambiguous a term as getting fraked. You know, it could be postitive as in "I'm gonna' go out tonight and get Yamatoed 'til my weenis falls off!" or the negative as in "My boss is a dick, this situation is totally Yamatoed!"

Anyway, cool beans Yamato USA. Thanks!

Goods explanation:The trilogy eye of a lightly salted salmon Lu mechanism design which a motorbike changes and becomes a robot form. The ultimate variable mechanism attained the modification to a motorbike. By the kit, although there is substitution, it can incorporate a variable mechanism and can transform a part into a MOTOSU rave (increase armoring Armagh SUREIBU) from motorcycle mode. of course -- the hard suit of hero PURISU -- full -- it is movable It is attached to a limited edition in the specially set-up machine gun by the original illustration.

(Automatically translated in English by fresh eye system.)

Best machine translation from Japanese to English ever? I think it might be!

cool pics. ya know, even though its not as pretty proportion wise as the yamato, they'll win me over if theres no parts swapping needed for transforming. Would love a pic that shows it in scale with a toy i know, to see if the size is much better or not.

Doesn't look like 'shoulders or hands' need be swapped out for fitting at least. It uses handlebars for grips in armour mode, and seems to just sit on foot pegs. But still looks cool nuff to me.

Does it look like the knees cant bend though?

hm, kinda sounds almost like u can choose if its substition or instead use the variable option.. dunno LOL the translation may be a bit wonky as well ! Hopefully a scan of instructions on how it transforms will show up, and put it all in proper perspective!

I REALLY want a motoslave!

*sigh*

Ok, I'm pretty confused right now. Are these new figures from Yamato in any way related to the Atelier Sai figures? They look identical except for some paint scheme issues...I have the Atelier Sai figures and wondering if it's worth it to "upgrade."

Also, does anyone know if Yamato plans to give the metallic treatment being given Priss to all the other characters as well?

Thanks! :)

Ok, I'm pretty confused right now. Are these new figures from Yamato in any way related to the Atelier Sai figures? They look identical except for some paint scheme issues...I have the Atelier Sai figures and wondering if it's worth it to "upgrade."

Also, does anyone know if Yamato plans to give the metallic treatment being given Priss to all the other characters as well?

Thanks! :)

Oh no, absolutely not. The Atelier Sai figs are not in the same scale as Yamato's 1/15 series; they look the same because... the base designs are the same, ya? :-D

Oh no, absolutely not. The Atelier Sai figs are not in the same scale as Yamato's 1/15 series; they look the same because... the base designs are the same, ya? :-D

Well, to my eyes the Atelier Sai and Yamato figures look much more similar in sculpt and finish than, say, Bandai vs. Toynami vs. Yamato vs. Wave VF-1 valks. :) There was also confusion back in the day regarding whether the Atelier Sai figures were, in fact, Atelier Sai or Yamato figures...which led me to believe there may have been some corporate affiliation wherein there were collaborative efforts on design and/or marketing and/or distribution.

If the Yamato figures are larger, then I am definitely "upgrading." :)

So, anyone know if the metallic treatment will be extended beyond Priss?

Thanks!

Edited by emerson

Well the Yamato toy may look better proportion wise but therefor the Aoshima Motoslave parts aren't hollow from the backside which won't make it look like a toy. Also looks like a lot of improvements need to be made till the Aoshima kit looks like the CGI artwork. But that's what model building is about.

Well well well look whats showing as in stock at HLJ?

http://www.hlj.com/product/AOS044476

http://www.hlj.com/product/AOS039427

However, the statements of "will require cement and painting to complete" have made me think of the variable 1/12 mospeada kits, and how flimsy they were. I know these have been stated as a model kit all along, but was kinda hoping it was like a snapfit gundam kit or something, alas, a testament to my true thoughts is that I just placed an order for the metallic yamato version....

BUT

Im thinking its gonna get some customised shoulders and hands, cuz i'll be darned if im gonna swithc things all the time!!

• 2 weeks later...

its now such an easy pass....oh well! no way it would hold up to multiple transforms with paint on it or anything..

looks like yamato or bust !

its now such an easy pass....oh well! no way it would hold up to multiple transforms with paint on it or anything..

looks like yamato or bust !

I've been lurking on this thread for quite a bit... mainly intrigued by the Yamato Bumblebgum bikes...

I'm thinking of getting all of them next year at some point... but I keep realizing that what I REALLY like aren't the Moto Slaves...just the girls in their outfits ... The bikes look kind of kitch to be honest...

Forgive me if my question sounds redundant - but would people be nice enough to briefly re-state their positions on the Yamato Motoslaves? Worth it? Terrible? Good quality? Sturdy joints? Horrible? Floppy? Break easy?

Thanks,

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Got both kits today. Apart from the cannon or machine gun sprues the kits are identical except for the colour of the motoslave sprues. The machine gun motoslave sprues are orange & the cannon motoslave sprues are red.

Here's the conversion process. It certainly looks a lot less complicated than the crappy Yamato motoslaves.

• 4 weeks later...
NICE!!!

So that's a new model kit, as opposed to a custom paint job or an existing kit, or one of the Yamato toys?

Yup. It's a model kit. You can see the info in the 2nd picture in English:

Motoslave (Priss)

AOSHIMA 1/12 injection-plastic kit

modelled and described by Kazushige TANASE

Beautiful colour scheme. Priss in a new improved stealth hard-suit (?) :D:ph34r:

Thanks for the pictures.

Edited by blacklotus

Yup. It's a model kit. You can see the info in the 2nd picture in English:

Motoslave (Priss)

AOSHIMA 1/12 injection-plastic kit

modelled and described by Kazushige TANASE

Beautiful colour scheme. Priss in a new improved stealth hard-suit (?) :D:ph34r:

Thanks for the pictures.

Think I'd like to see a stealth scheme on the hardsuit and on the motoslave, with some small red spots for highlighting.

I've been lurking on this thread for quite a bit... mainly intrigued by the Yamato Bumblebgum bikes...

I'm thinking of getting all of them next year at some point... but I keep realizing that what I REALLY like aren't the Moto Slaves...just the girls in their outfits ... The bikes look kind of kitch to be honest...

Forgive me if my question sounds redundant - but would people be nice enough to briefly re-state their positions on the Yamato Motoslaves? Worth it? Terrible? Good quality? Sturdy joints? Horrible? Floppy? Break easy?

Thanks,

Pete

I like mine. I have Priss and have been wanting the green one for awhile now, just haven't gotten around to it. They are a touch on the fragile side, but look good in any mode just about. They tend to be a tad loose (mostly just the figure) but hold poses decently. I've never had it so loose it wouldn't hold a pose, it will do just about anything. Mostly just be careful with transforming and the like as it seems to be on the fragile side but all-in-all I like it a lot.

Yowch, just looked at the picts of the Aoshima from that blog. The Aoshima's motoslave mode looks like a squatting pregnant gorilla! BLEGH! Give me the svelte Yamato any day.

Vostok 7

Back in Tokyo and the mail order sets are in. Once I have them repacked and ready to ship I will pm the members that ordered them their totals.

thegunny

sil80jdm

ZX31

crasis

Great! Something for free (+post) from Yamato. Hopefully this will take the edge of the pineapple that has been shoved up my rear when I purchased all the Motoslaves :unsure: