Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

Many of the original G1 Transformer seekers have the perfect color canopy. I have a transparent orange-yellow-canopied Thundercracker in my room right now. Certainly not an "advanced" toy-making technology, if $15 toys in the 80's had it.

i know its not accurate, but I kinda like the clear...

I think it'll only take one picture of a well done gold canopy actually on the toy for people to say "ooh, ahh!"

The clear canopy does look good I agree, but I'd go with accurate...

I really bet that the accurate gold tinted canopy would look kick ass if they do it.

Cmon yamato, you know it's easy~ so do it!

PS- Thanks charger69. That pic nicely sums up all that needs to be black.

OH! and see what else needs to be black. The gunpod should be black. observe the color of wing missle pods on the toy and then the gun pod on the toy. THEN observe the color of the wing missle pods on the battroid pic and the gunpod of the battroid pic. Should be much darker.

**image readded on this page for convenience:

sv51noraay9.jpg

Edited by Nani?!

No no no.. you guys have it all wrong, this is the SV-51 Cannon Fodder, the REAL Nora will be a couple of months after.....

HaHaHaHaHa~ LOL

Thanks for the laugh~

The sad part is... I wouldn't be shocked if they do exactly what you said.

IMO, that is one of the worst designs in macross.

I couldn't disagree more. I think the SV is arguably the most interesting, innovative, and sophisticated Valk (in a design sense), in the entire Macross universe. I'm still not a fan of Nora's paint scheme, or the SV's booster/FAST packs, but the design of the 51 is simply brilliant.

How anyone can fail to appreciate it, baffles me.

I also think that the SV-51 is one of the most sophisticated and unique mecha that Kawamori has designed.

Art is subjective.

I am actually glad to hear that Jeremy007 does not like the design because it shows that even this one is not the best for everyone.

Some people think that the YF-21 is the most beautiful and I do not think it is so great (although it is strangely growing on me).

At first I thought that the YF-19 was ugly but then when I saw Macross Plus OVA and the Movie I thought that it was absolutely stunningly beautiful.

I used to think that the Cannon Fodder color scheme was ugly and now it is one of my favorites. I used to think that the vf-1a Hikaru was the best and now I do not.

It is all relative and to each their own. I can respect Jeremy007 for stating that in this thread with most of us wetting our pants over the photos.

I couldn't disagree more. I think the SV is arguably the most interesting, innovative, and sophisticated Valk (in a design sense), in the entire Macross universe. I'm still not a fan of Nora's paint scheme, or the SV's booster/FAST packs, but the design of the 51 is simply brilliant.

How anyone can fail to appreciate it, baffles me.

i never said i dont appreciate it, i just dont like it. The design is brilliant...its just not the kind of transforming Macross valk that i like.

its very complex and shows kawamori's genius, but i just dont like it.

Edited by Jeremy007

damn the nora is not even available yet and it is frontpaged. also it is estimated 2007 so choose from october, november, or december. hmmm. :lol:

i never said i dont appreciate it, i just dont like it. The design is brilliant...its just not the kind of transforming Macross valk that i like.

its very complex and shows kawamori's genius, but i just dont like it.

Actually you said it was one of the worst designs, not that it was one of your least favorites.

That's cool if it's not your cup of tea, but when someone says it's "one of the worst designs in the macross universe", I simply have to come to it's rescue. Thanks for clearing up what you really meant, though.

And I say Yamato should make a skull leader YF-19 repaint like the one funkymonkeyjavajunky has for an avatar.

Wrong thread Twoducks. But seeing as you said it I agree, a non canon Roy scheme YF-19 would be cool. I also love to see a SV-51 Roy as well... Maby I'll try that one out when I have 200 to drop on another SV-51. Anyone good with Photoshop want to try their hand at a mocked up 51 Roy?

I was thinking about closing this thread a while ago. 93 pages---gotta be a record for a "formal" Macross thread. And it'll get WAY too huge with Nora. So watch for "Sv-51 part 2" soon.

Though, there's a lot of hints/tips/fixes in the later pages of this thread, would hate to split that apart as they'll probably be needed when Nora comes out.

Wrong thread Twoducks. But seeing as you said it I agree, a non canon Roy scheme YF-19 would be cool. I also love to see a SV-51 Roy as well... Maby I'll try that one out when I have 200 to drop on another SV-51. Anyone good with Photoshop want to try their hand at a mocked up 51 Roy?

Remember when Graham made a thread regarding non-canon paint scheme's?

I still want reversed Hero schemes. Even could do it for Mac +.

A white type (low-vis?) colour scheme of the SV-51 would be awesome. Even go as far as a Skull 1 paint colour.

Wouldn't that be sexy as? Same as a Whitish low-vis YF-21. That i want.

For the Zero? Perhaps a darker scheme (Ivanov black?, no... a RED scheme would be sweeet.

lol, you could just reverse the colour schemes, name it.. "Alternate Hero/s colour schemes!"

Like Ivanov VF-0S (black with Anti-UN TAMPO markings.

Same as for Nora, Give her a VF-0A Pink and ... Gold lol.

and here we go with Roy and Shin,

Roy gets his SV-51 in Skull 1 colours

and Shin gets well Shin's colour.

Isn't that a great marketing ploy? Alternate Hero Scheme's...

make sure Yamato places RuskiiVFaussie on the sticker sheet too.

How's that Graham? They have already advertised the whole Hero Valks VS so and so. (Shin vs Nora, Roy vs Ivanov etc)

laugh.gif

This post has been edited by ruskiiVFaussie: Aug 21 2007, 09:10 PM

while we are back on color schemes. How about a clouds camouflage scheme? The valk would be painted like the sky with clouds? It may be a stupid idea but I am sure it would look just as stupid as it sounds. Did someone already come up with this?

lol, with a Mr Happy Sun painted on there too? :lol:

Yes instead of the skull and cross bones. It will be the Happy Sun Squadron! I have to make this!!!

Edit: the fighter's number will be LSD25

Edited by miriya