Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

Straying from the alternate colour schemes discussion but still on-topic, finally got my SV-51 Ivanov today.

Overall, I dislike the fact that it has almost zero locking mechanism for the entire torso in battroid. I'm not sure if it's just mine, but the nosecone won't sit flush on the underside of the cockpit and relies on friction from the other parts to do so.

Articulation isn't bad and the transformation isn't so hard either, but the instruction booklet is almost useless at parts (such as when transforming the shoulders correctly). Mine has the correct wing joints\no QC problems except for really, really loose ball hip joints. I had to take it apart and paint the sockets and the die-cast ball joint to increase friction and now he's rock solid.

Nah, your experience sounds exactly like mine Knight... the directions are poor and the hips are loose, and comapared to other offerings it doesn't feel quite as solid in Battroid mode, but over all, once you get used to it's quirks, it's an amazing toy. It especially comes together once you fix the hips and realize how well articulated of a figure this is... no loose arms here.

I have a favor to ask for someone who already owns an SV-51...

Can someone pose it in Battroid mode and extend the head up. Not all the way, hinge back a bit then forward, something that looks bizzare but still bad ass. And of course take a photo of it and post it on this thread. Thanks.

Edit: more than one photo and more than one pose variant would be cool too.

Edited by miriya

I have a favor to ask for someone who already owns an SV-51...

Can someone pose it in Battroid mode and extend the head up. Not all the way, hinge back a bit then forward, something that looks bizzare but still bad ass. And of course take a photo of it and post it on this thread. Thanks.

Edit: more than one photo and more than one pose variant would be cool too.

looking for a weird pose of an SV-51 ?????

^_^

pray for it ??? For the SV-51 glory :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: lol

dsc02325eo5.jpg

it almost looks like an sv-51 version of the bird man.

You got it

it was a the bird man pose !!!!

as I have 2 sv-51

will submit in 2 weeks time the repaint of 1 of them

dobber sheme all the way yamato is too slow so.... ^_^

have unsrewed it all the way today and a repaint looks now possible

stay tuned :lol:

Dobber if you are around

can you provide me a close walkaround of your beauty this would help :rolleyes:

yours looks perfect ^_^

Got my second Ivanov.

Haven't transformed it yet- but am pleased to say that the wing tips hold perfectly, unlike my previous ivanov.

am now trying to sell the previous one, but no one is crazy enough to buy it so...

Guess I've got two Ivanovs :)

Cooool

VFTF1

VFTF1

Hi, I am new in this topic and while cheking some post I read yours, so I would like to ask you why you have to buy a second Ivanov?

Sorry to ask you but this topic has a lot of post I did not find the previus one, thank you

looking for a weird pose of an SV-51 ?????

^_^

pray for it ??? For the SV-51 glory :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: lol

dsc02325eo5.jpg

oh no you've created the next transformers movie robot design. :lol:

I just played around with my SV-51 today after ignoring it for months, and I'm greatly troubled to find that the stress mark on the back part hinge where the wings connect to has grown. I'm not sure if it has grown or my imagination....but it looks like it can reach the whole hinge and break eventually. I am afraid. >_<

And its really loose right hand due to the armpit hinge not locking properly doesn't help the problem. Probably will have to make it permanent fighter mode soon. :(

Yeah....i mean i played around with it, put it in battroid mode and ignored it for awhile.

Haha....what r u waiting for then? Restock? 2nd release?

Btw is the Nora out yet? Haven't seen member's pictures of it here yet.

Yeah....i mean i played around with it, put it in battroid mode and ignored it for awhile.

Haha....what r u waiting for then? Restock? 2nd release?

Btw is the Nora out yet? Haven't seen member's pictures of it here yet.

dude... I'm still waiting for my pre-order for the 1st release. At this point, I'm expecting some sort of "sorry we made you wait 4 months" gesture with my order.

dude... I'm still waiting for my pre-order for the 1st release. At this point, I'm expecting some sort of "sorry we made you wait 4 months" gesture with my order.

Yeah, I hear you there and can sympathize... I never cancel orders, on the basis that it is not fair to vendors to do so, but this one has had me seriously thinking of doing so. 'Tis already paid for though...

Yeah, I hear you there and can sympathize... I never cancel orders, on the basis that it is not fair to vendors to do so, but this one has had me seriously thinking of doing so. 'Tis already paid for though...

yeah, this is just way too long with little in the way of updates. Even an email every once in a while just letting me know what's going on would have been appreciated. As it is, I only found out it was supposedly in customs because I emailed him and asked. While I like the guy, I don't know that I'll do pre-orders with him anymore.

Sent a PM to HWR MKII, I think he brought something from IAD before.

Anybody in direct contact with member IAD (Luke), I need him to check his PMs urgently and give me a reply.

Graham

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to give a shout out to twin moons for finally shipping my pre-order. 4 months after the toy came out. And 2 months after he took my money. And never giving me any sort of updates without me emailing him for me. Oh, and i also appreciate being lied to about the status of it, telling me he hadn't yet received his shipment when other people had already received theirs.

/ sarcasm

I just want to give a shout out to twin moons for finally shipping my pre-order. 4 months after the toy came out. And 2 months after he took my money. And never giving me any sort of updates without me emailing him for me. Oh, and i also appreciate being lied to about the status of it, telling me he hadn't yet received his shipment when other people had already received theirs.

/ sarcasm

Wow that sucks. Guess I will cross them off of my list.

thanks for the sympathy guys. I can understand the wait. these things can happen, but the lack of updates and than the telling me just received his shipment when he had been sending other people's orders out. All I can say is, if he didn't want my money, he should have just told me.

/ sarcasm

i had a similar experience with twinmoons when the q-rau first came out.

people that placed regular orders got their order before my preorder, i haven't ordered from them since.