Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

just did a little rearranging of boxes to maximize storage of them. noticed the sv-51 box is the same size as the vf-0a box but a little shorter in height.

just got my second Sv-51

a friend got it for me during a business trip in Japan

the strange thing is that one is free from stress mark :ph34r:

is there a special QC control for walks sold in Japan

or is it just luck <_<

I have to say that the more I look at the SV-51 the more I think that it is the best valk ever made by yamato

the way the design was done is just amazing IMO

:lol:

dsc02101cn6.jpg

By ghostk, shot with DSC-T7 at 2007-09-16

It might be the more the factory makes the better the final product.

That would be true if Yamato is screening the Macross World QC Board for feedback.

Luck or Better QC that is a great suprise to find something better than expected.

Ok after all the awww and WOW's I also noticed on my SV-51 the hips are rather loose. Also I'm not sure.but does anyone know how to fully lock the shoulders and arm into the torso so the arms don't go flopping around when moved? How far do I push the shoulder up until it's locked? Anyone mind helping me out?

Ok after all the awww and WOW's I also noticed on my SV-51 the hips are rather loose. Also I'm not sure.but does anyone know how to fully lock the shoulders and arm into the torso so the arms don't go flopping around when moved? How far do I push the shoulder up until it's locked? Anyone mind helping me out?

I'm talking about in battloid mode.

I'm talking about in battloid mode.

I'm having the same hip problems in battroid mode. I tried to make sure the legs would open wide and thinking it will stand firm in my QTVR but it is not. It actually slides wider and wider and everything is like falling apart. Very loose. Anyone has any ideas to fix it. I have used the super glue technique for the wings and works great. But the hip joints are die cast and seem to be not working with super glue.

Thanks.

Edited by ikhii

ok some pictures of my 2 SV-51

but 1 question for the experts

which one has the correct wings hinges

I saw the hinge issue on the forum

some where complaining that the wings that do not fully bend

I had to fixed the bird on the left side as one wing was fully bent so both wings are fully bent now

but I am starting to think that they are not supposed to do that

It will also be hard to load the bird with fully bent wings IMO

let me know .........

pictures below

^_^

dsc02106ly9.jpg

By ghostk, shot with DSC-T7 at 2007-09-17

from below

dsc02107zt3.jpg

with the weapons

dsc02108uz7.jpg

ok some pictures of my 2 SV-51

but 1 question for the experts

which one has the correct wings hinges

I saw the hinge issue on the forum

some where complaining that the wings that do not fully bend

I had to fixed the bird on the left side as one wing was fully bent so both wings are fully bent now

but I am starting to think that they are not supposed to do that

It will also be hard to load the bird with fully bent wings IMO

let me know .........

pictures below

^_^

Come to think of it, you are right, I think both does have their own strength and weaknesses. I guess "Nora" will tell us soon.

p.s. to every macross zero fans, beta version of Gerwalk mode for QTVR is uploaded! Check it out here or click the pics below ;)

Some pic's below for those who missed it. (direct links to the files, will load a bit slow)

sv51btii5.jpgsv51gwqj4.jpg

Edited by ikhii

just got my second Sv-51

a friend got it for me during a business trip in Japan

or is it just luck <_<

I have to say that the more I look at the SV-51 the more I think that it is the best valk ever made by yamato

the way the design was done is just amazing IMO

:lol:

dsc02101cn6.jpg

By ghostk, shot with DSC-T7 at 2007-09-16

What's that display stand? I already ordered the yamato launch arm display stand with my SV-51 from HLJ, but this one seems intriguing too.

SV-51 gets it's own stand included in the box.

Huge bonus, especially when the Yamato stand can't do some of what this stand can. (Yamato S can bank the fighter though..)

Is it possible to use the SV-51 display as a stand for the other Valks???

Can this stand have the Valks bank?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Huge bonus, especially when the Yamato stand can't do some of what this stand can. (Yamato S can bank the fighter though..)

Can this stand have the Valks bank the wings?

Sweet!

Guess I'll have an extra stand for my other valks :lol:

Can this stand have the Valks bank?

For a "free" stand that comes with a valk, it does its job.

What you mean by it can do stuff the yammie stand can't? The Yammie stand is way better than this one in terms of poseability.

The SV-51 stand is not "poseable", and seems to borrow the design from the Strike Gundam Zeta Gundam model kit stands. The hinge doesn't move so you will have to remove it and put it back in to get the position u desire. Inability to bank the fighter is a disappointment as well.

Not possible to use it for other valks as the "adapter" is designed solely for the SV-51.

And no it can't bank.

Bummer, can't bank. Oh well! Flexi-stands will handle that one. :)

I meant by vertical launch display, Yamato stand can't do that one. Do just about everything else though.

Yes it can. Just turn the joints to get your vertical launch mode. No reason why it can't.

Yes it can. Just turn the joints to get your vertical launch mode. No reason why it can't.

Without the thrusters/feet touching the floor, keeping it from capsizing.. Too much of a lean, would look awkward.

I am pretty sure i tried this, but it doesn't look so groovy.

For the 1/60 VF-1's maybe, not as heavy and big as a FPd 1/48.

I would never try a vertical launch with my 19. (with the Yamato launch arm stand)

The Guma has landed. I am in awe. My Transformers are being sold off like hotcakes to make room for more Macross. Only keeping Japanese BW, Masterpiece, and G1 reissues (Encore/Commemorative/Collection) but there is just no justification for having boxes of crappy Energon and Armada toys around when something like this exists...

i33722_Ivan.JPG

The Guma has landed. I am in awe. My Transformers are being sold off like hotcakes to make room for more Macross. Only keeping Japanese BW, Masterpiece, and G1 reissues (Encore/Commemorative/Collection) but there is just no justification for having boxes of crappy Energon and Armada toys around when something like this exists...

i33722_Ivan.JPG

The prodigal son returns :lol: