Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

am i just noticing that the 51 doesn't have intake covers at all?

thats just lame even if it is canon.

That's because the fans still working when the sv-51 transforms, just like the vf-0. They don't have thermonuclear engines like the vf-1.

So what good is an intake cover for? Obviously underwater ops are a concern, i can't remember seeing the VF-0D

with it's intakes closed when it went under... and the Anti-UN i gues never intended to do battle Zero G huh?

Perhaps their engines were superior to the UN-Spacy's in the way the engine's could handle the undersea? (don't need intakes)

my point was that it looks funny without them, it just looks strange cause its visible in battroid mode.

i could be wrong but i'm pretty sure all the other valks in the macross universe(dyrl, plus, zero, 7) have intake covers, its just strange that this is the only one that doesn't. :huh:

Intake covers would protect against FOD and can regulate the amount and velocity of air entering the engines.

As for underwater???? That bothered me in the OVA standard jet engines would not work underwater.

Perhaps the VF-0 had a pressurized 02 system for the engines at allowed for high altitude and .... underwater operations???? Just write that off as future tech.

Either way I would expect the SV-51 to have covers for FOD protection just like Soviet aircraft operating from poorly maintained airfields or roads. The engines would need protection. I doubt that the Anti-UN would have the nice airfields like the UN just like the Anti-UN didn't have aircraft carriers.

Something I put together today. Really wanted to get the 0S together with the 51. Sorry about the foriegn language writing on the photoshoped ones, but they're meant to be advertisements for upcoming fanfiction comics (in case anyone is interested the heading is: "The most amazing adventure ever: 9 Lives"). Most of my fan comics are in Polish because they are done for our Polish Transformers community; but this one is going to be...a bit different...so I was wondering... would anyone be interested in me posting an english version of the fan comic here at MW Forums?

i34327_PROMO1.jpg

Does anyone know when Yamato plans to release the Nora Type SV-51? Is there a release date? I can not read Japanese but it seems like their website does not have it on the release calender for 2007. I cant afford it yet anyway but I will be right there for the preorders! So does anyone know when they plan to release it? I thought that they were going to in 2007 but it seems like maybe the 25ths pushed her back? hmmmmm......

Well I got mine last week from a local Import shop. The SV-51 is very impressive, however mine suffered ofcourse from the loose wings, though thankfully Ididnt have 2 of the same wing joint. I was able to do the super glue fix (suggested back around page 90?) and it works for the most part! I like the thing so much more now that it can hold up with all of its armaments. My only gripe as of now is I have a very loose right shoulder and it can't hold the gun.

But as I said the thing is so impressive. As many of you have said, hope the Nora comes with the fixes to these QC issues.

I just bought a PSP Lite. May have to skip SV-51 for now. :( My valkaholicism and games purchasing are clashing with each other.

I kinda don't care that movie transformer toys are getting hard to find now either since I have no money to buy everything anyway. (megazone releases and macross release are high prioirty on the shopping list though)

The new psp lite/slim has fixes to the directional pad so it's similar to getting a second release yamato. Hehe. You can now play those 2d fighters (Street Fighter Alpha 3, guilty gear, darkstalkers etc) with ease now that the dpad button isn't so sunken in which makes is hard to do diagonal motions.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Seems like everyone's received their SV-51s as the replies have lessen a bit on this topic.

I opened up my pre-ordered box from LAFToys and it's decent. I was expecting better artwork and font usage...heavier box, but nope. I wish the instruction booklet was in color.

First impression I had was the SV-51 doesn't feel like a $220 toy/figuring/action figure. I left the figure at work, and have only held it while on jet mode. It doesn't feel solid. The 1/48 surpasses this toy in terms of being well rounded; especially the 1/48 feeling more solid.

I've yet to read the complete 90s area regarding stress marks and loose hinges...and Graham's review (amongst others) I did noticed both wings to be loose.

Aack, and nothing against LAFToys, they did an "ok" job on the packaging but my Yamato box was dented/creased on many places. But then again, it maybe from a bad batch straight from the provider.

I'm gonna check out this valkyrie more and hope that after transforming/posing/fiddling with it, that I may feel that $220 was well worth spent.

I hope that the upcoming YF-21 will have tighter joints in all places, from wings to shoulders.

Seems like everyone's received their SV-51s as the replies have lessen a bit on this topic.

Mine still hasn't arrived. :(

According to EMS tracking it's been at the customs office waiting for clearance for the last two weeks, and before that it apparently was on a flight from Japan for SIX DAYS!! <_< That six day flight has me worried cause it might mean that it was temporarily lost, which could mean that it's damaged... :unsure:

First impression I had was the SV-51 doesn't feel like a $220 toy/figuring/action figure. I left the figure at work, and have only held it while on jet mode. It doesn't feel solid. The 1/48 surpasses this toy in terms of being well rounded; especially the 1/48 feeling more solid.

I'm gonna check out this valkyrie more and hope that after transforming/posing/fiddling with it, that I may feel that $220 was well worth spent.

Wow. That's not convincing me to spend my $$$ on the SV-51 anytime soon. I know that my 1/48 Hikaru 1J feels and handles like a $200 toy and I only spent $112 on it. The VF-0S I had cost $170 and felt and handled like it should have only been $70.

The 1/60 YF-19 on the other hand, felt like it was worth the money to me, so I will be getting another one of those and the YF-21 to go with it. But unless the VF-0S re-release has some serious improvements and the 2nd issue SV-51 is improved, I think I will be staying away from the Mac 0 line of toys. Which would be a shame because I really like the valks from the OVA. :(

-Kyp

Finaly got my SV-51 today!

First off: This toy is beautiful! and big! In fighter mode on the stand it barely fits into a Detolf.

I have two left wing hinges so maybe I'll do the fix for it tomorrow. My wings aren't realy floppy as they won't flip when I turn the plane upsidedown without any missiles on it, but they will if I attach the missiles/pods. This doesn't bother me though, cause I know I won't be displaying it upsidedown anyway. :p

I find the canopy to be less clear than other Yamato releases, but this might be the result of the tampo printing of the detonation cord on it, so again, not a problem for me. At the moment, I have the boosters attached and the wings really bend down a lot, enough even to make me rethink my decision to display it with them attached permanently. I'll post a couple of pics tomorrow, too busy playing Halo 3 at the moment. B))