What is the best Macross toy?

quattroaction

Difficult to answer, considering I wouldn't give any of my pieces away, but I suppose my favorite is the...Lick Hunter VF-1S Joke Machine (?!)

I'd have to say the 1/60 VF-0S, Great detail and lots of panel lines (not painted of course) and I've always loved its sleek look. You can pretty easily fix the QC problem with the arms. The second version has been released by now anyways hasn't it? Did they fix the problems with the first or what?

VF-1S 1/60 Roy Strike Valkyrie, my very first macross toy, and I just love how it looks, the bubble canopy on the 1/48 is a bit dodgy

OT- Aside from the size and box design, personally I prefer the 1/60 VF-1S' proportion and look more than its 1/48 scale(except the '48 kneecap looks nicer).

OT- Aside from the size and box design, personally I prefer the 1/60 VF-1S' proportion and look more than its 1/48 scale(except the '48 kneecap looks nicer).

Here's a debate waiting to happen. :D I've said this before, and I'll say it again, the 1/60 scale VF-1S head is in a way most true to the anime.

post-1617-1167980401_thumb.jpg

I have one big question for you all :)

What is your favorite Macross Toy?

The one you would never give away. The one you would die for ;)

I am new in this whole Macross-thing and dont think my opinion is good but I think the best one is the

1/60 Scale Macross Zero VF-0S.

What do you think?

See ya

Bart

ALL of them from Takatoku, Bandai, and Yamato. But that's just me though. :p

My favorite Macross Toy...I'd give away if necessary...and I probably would not want to die for it either...but I treasure the sparks it provides my imagination, childhood memories, and inspiration these days.

I'd say the Yamato 1/48 VF-1J Hikaru...with fast pack as valkyrie/gerwalk...and gbp armor as a battroid.

I discovered Robotech first before Macross...sadly enough, but that's what you get to limited television...the VF-1J was the icon that does the struts and reaches out on every end of each episode's introduction.

It was also the very first valkyrie that I encountered at a toy store, 1/55 scale (I think it was a Korean Knock-off...because it looked all gray at the time...1984/85?)

Fresh yoh!

Hmmm, I........ have to say the 1/48 VF-1J Hik as well.

With GBP armor, and FP's of course. RT struck me in the head big time when i was a kid as well. Bless them. :p

I want to buy a 2nd 1J Hik eventually. To display as the swishing kick ass battroid you see busting the pose with the smoking gunpod in front of a distant SDF-1.

But Shin's 0A will come in May, i can't see it being my fav. Not until i get off my ass and watch the series.

Nuh, the 1J demon is by far the coolest, hero valk ever. Sorry Roy fans.

Heh, a 1/60 YF-21 would rule over all my collection.....

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Heh, a 1/60 YF-21 would rule over all my collection.....

I'd personally prefer a Macross 7 VF-22 Max type rather than a Macross Plus YF-21, but that's just me.

Anybody who loves to see Max kick ass in a VF, owes it to themself to watch episode # 44 of Macross 7.

Graham

I'd personally prefer a Macross 7 VF-22 Max type rather than a Macross Plus YF-21, but that's just me.

Anybody who loves to see Max kick ass in a VF, owes it to themself to watch episode # 44 of Macross 7.

Graham

... And another series of Macross i haven't watched yet...

My Zero and Mac 7 dvds are still unwatched. lol I'll get around to it eventually.

Episode 44 sounds like the go! :p

And yeah, i would like a 22 as well. WANT.

I actually like the 1/100 VB-6 Konig Monster alot. There are a few design flaws but it is just an engineering miracle. I loves those big feet...