1/48 UN Marine Strike Valkrie

kameraguy

Beautiful custom, as always, from Kurt.

The only other glaring error that stands out to me are the bullet holes in the FAST packs. Through and through holes like that would more than likely detonate the ordnance inside the micro missile launchers, making the damage MUCH more visible :lol: Also, the holes in the booster portion would probably result in a pretty nasty boom too since those things are packed full of rocket fuel.

Also, no strike cannon = super valkyrie, not strike.

Other than that, I dig it. I love the concept of the ground pounder military valks. This one will be added to the customs gallery next week!

Any closeups of the pilot? Did you do a custom scheme on the pilot as well?

Beautiful custom, as always, from Kurt.

The only other glaring error that stands out to me are the bullet holes in the FAST packs. Through and through holes like that would more than likely detonate the ordnance inside the micro missile launchers, making the damage MUCH more visible :lol: Also, the holes in the booster portion would probably result in a pretty nasty boom too since those things are packed full of rocket fuel.

Also, no strike cannon = super valkyrie, not strike.

Other than that, I dig it. I love the concept of the ground pounder military valks. This one will be added to the customs gallery next week!

Any closeups of the pilot? Did you do a custom scheme on the pilot as well?

D'oh! You guys know your stuff! I didn't know about the UNS Marines monicker. Ah well, I think that's how the decals came. I'll feign ignorance and hopefully nobody will know :p

I wanted to add the strike canon and it's still on the to-do list. Just gotta find it for sale! Anyone know where stock is?

The pilot is also painted. I'll take some more pics soon.

As for the blast areas....I asked Kurt to make it look like a Valk that has been through hell and back. But I can see how precarious the damaged areas are!

I'm very happy with it. I've always wanted a custom 1/48. Finally happy I could afford something like this. I was at first apprehensive about how much this all cost (kit + Kurt's labour), but in the end it's worth it. He did an awesome job ^_^

Edited by kameraguy

Looks like something out of Battletech! And I mean that as a compliment! :)

Oh I was thinking that..... I have two Battletech figures (Stinger and Stinger Lam) painted like that.

For those who dont know the Stinger was based/copied from the Vf1 Battloid and the Stinger Lam is basically The Vf1 Gerwalk.

wow... what a photo shoot to accompany it.... great shots!

Thanks guys, glad you like how it turned out. I definitely asked Kurt to make a Valk that has been beaten to almost death. As much as I love looking at the pristine customs, I wanted a war-ravaged example.

The camoflague was something i always loved from real aircraft. It's a good point this is of little use in space. My vision was a Valk that would see some ground action on Earth, for Marines, by Marines :)

I'll try and take the more traditional "posed in a studio" shots this weekend, as well as details of the cockpit and pilot.

Personally I love seeing these mecha in more of an environmental setting :rolleyes:

Edited by kameraguy

The camoflague was something i always loved from real aircraft. It's a good point this is of little use in space.

Actually, one could argue the camo would be effective in space battles taking place in close proximity to Zentraedi war ships. "Bodolza Buster Camo" is kind of catchy. :lol:

edit: please do post some pictures with a neutral background, so we can drool over the details.

Edited by Wicked Ace

Hey guys, thanks for the compliments. As for the battle damage they are not really meant to be "through" holes. They are holes that just breach the outer armor to reveal details inside. Since I like to put inside details I am limited on where I can put them to not hamper the transformation.