Graham's Review of Yamato 1/60 Scale YF-19

Graham

Finally got mine from BBTS yesterday. A beautiful piece. The locking in fighter mode is so so... Didn't try gerwalk yet, but Battroid mode is nice, floppy upper chest, but good nonetheless.

Cockpit doesn't close tight nor does the nose lock into position.

Minor flaws IMHO. Very worth the wait.

Make sure the grey tab at the bottom of the nose/canpoy is pushed in all the way. THis will ensure the nose will lock into position.

Make sure the grey tab at the bottom of the nose/canpoy is pushed in all the way. THis will ensure the nose will lock into position.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try that tonight when I turn it into fighter mode again.

Not much to tell, at least not much I can reveal. My contact was pretty tired from travelling, so I didn't want to push him too much for info.

I made discussing the VF-0 & YF-19 problems top priority, but after getting that out of the way, we mostly drank and ate a lot. I was pretty hung over the next day. I did learn some interesting stuff about some new non-Macross projects tho.

Graham

Not much to tell, at least not much I can reveal. My contact was pretty tired from travelling, so I didn't want to push him too much for info.

I made discussing the VF-0 & YF-19 problems top priority, but after getting that out of the way, we mostly drank and ate a lot. I was pretty hung over the next day. I did learn some interesting stuff about some new non-Macross projects tho.

Graham

Mwahaha. Understandable then. What did they have to say regarding the Zero's issues?

Hmm.... do we have info on how the FPs are priced for the 19? I relaly like them from that latest pic, but i have no use for the Fold Booster....

And Graham, I know you can't reveal much about your non-Macross talks... but did you happen to discuss the upcomming VOTOMS Red Shoulder Weapons Scopegod and weather or not the weapons will be released as a set like the others ones have so thoe of us who already have a Scopey can get them seperately?

FAST Packs do that. I like the look. But I'm afraid I have another issue to bring up, the upward position of the shoulders dose not hold well on it's own, let alone with a weight dragging on it. I hope they resolve this issue in the next release.

Hey i know it is a little off topic but since yamato is making changes to their products and the materials they use do you know if they will do the same for the garland?? Back on topic i can't wait for this figure to come out, that way i wil have one for fighter mode and one for battroid. mwahahahaha more more more!!!!

I hope they resolve this issue in the next release.

I'm crossing my fingers that it will be the 19+FP combo pack that starts with it. But to be honest I can wait really long time for yamato to get it right. You see I have other expensive hobbies too like games consoles and massive hole in the pocket as a result of all the macross and transformers, and other stuff I got to get. (at some point I want to get a ps3 - these are so expensive) Now I'm thinking: by the time I have enough saved for another 19...hopefully heaps of time will have passed and the early probs will be non-existant..Yamato will be filthy rich by this time and be working on my vf-4. :D

Just having one 19 is so expensive for the poverty-striken fan. It's so important that yamato get it right early this time imo. I don't think I can afford more than one of each macross valk now.. :( (no more non-canon paintschemes for me) SV-51 is going to really be the test for yamato.

Maybe there will be some collectors out there willing to sell thier first release cheap as they upgrade to fixed, later releases?

that way i wil have one for fighter mode and one for battroid. mwahahahaha more more more!!!!

You would need way more than that..

1 for fighter.

1 for battroid.

1 for gerwalk.

1 for fighter with fast packs.

1 for battroid with fast packs.

1 for GERWALK with fast packs.

1 for fighter with fold booster.

1 for custom to make a battle damaged yf-19 after the Battroid brawl.

etc

then there is another set for the game edition, the sinistar ninja stealth scheme, the low vis, mystery credit card valk etc..

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I'm crossing my fingers that it will be the 19+FP combo pack that starts with it. But to be honest I can wait really long time for yamato to get it right. You see I have other expensive hobbies too like games consoles and massive hole in the pocket as a result of all the macross and transformers, and other stuff I got to get. (at some point I want to get a ps3 - these are so expensive) Now I'm thinking: by the time I have enough saved for another 19...hopefully heaps of time will have passed and the early probs will be non-existant..Yamato will be filthy rich by this time and be working on my vf-4. :D

Just having one 19 is so expensive for the poverty-striken fan. It's so important that yamato get it right early this time imo. I don't think I can afford more than one of each macross valk now.. :( (no more non-canon paintschemes for me) SV-51 is going to really be the test for yamato.

Maybe there will be some collectors out there willing to sell thier first release cheap as they upgrade to fixed, later releases?

You would need way more than that..

1 for fighter.

1 for battroid.

1 for gerwalk.

1 for fighter with fast packs.

1 for battroid with fast packs.

1 for GERWALK with fast packs.

1 for fighter with fold booster.

1 for custom to make a battle damaged yf-19 after the Battroid brawl.

etc

then there is another set for the game edition, the sinistar ninja stealth scheme, the low vis, mystery credit card valk etc..

I only have so much many man gosh. I will get the game color scheme and that will most likely be my last 19, totalling 3

is there even a preorder yet?

why would you even place a preorder? you're only robbing yourself in doing so.

i say hold off on preordering, its not like vendors aren't going to carry this item.

wait it out and watch the price drop. just like the YF-19 was $200+ and now its $170-ish.