What's lying on your workbench? MKII

TSP

WOW... and are you seriously going to repaint a Bowen statue???

^_^ Chill out bro!

It's the resin kit released by Dark Horse way back. So it's not like a 're'painting but rather a painting. B))

Got a question..

Is the Revell Robotech 1/5000 SDF-1 model kit the same as the Imai Macross 1/5000 SDF-1 model kit? Did Revell back then (1985) just repackaged the Imai kits as Revell kits? <_<

YEP...!!! same fish bone, just different scale color...

Got a question..

Is the Revell Robotech 1/5000 SDF-1 model kit the same as the Imai Macross 1/5000 SDF-1 model kit? Did Revell back then (1985) just repackaged the Imai kits as Revell kits? <_<

1/72 resin Glaug awaiting decals and some serious weathering... it's the recast offered on HobbyFan, and I'm not sure of it's origins... normally I'd not buy something recasted from HF, but I really wanted a Glaug to fight my Destroids, and was stuck. It's nothing spectacular, but the casting was good and it looks nice all built-up. Took a whole lot of pins tho to make the arms stable :lol:

post-2015-1213041131_thumb.jpg

post-2015-1213041143_thumb.jpg

That looks quite good! The only thing that sticks out to me are the red bits, which looks quite glossy in comparison to the weathered dark grey areas. But perhaps it's the effect you were after. Anyway, nice work, I had no idea the kit was this good, but perhaps its what you put into it that made the difference.

I started this one like an eternity ago.

But I think I will be able to finish it finally. <_<

I wanted to match as close as possible the original color.

Looks good so far. ^_^

Sorry for the photos: It's doesn't look that blue in real life, just too much light. :blink:

BOWEN alien warrior resin kit:

bowenalien001yn5.jpg

bowenalien002kx3.jpg

Hot damn Ben! That is the best armour kit I've seen in a long time. I hope you're proud of your work - cause you should be! Great stuff. Did you use a lot of reference pics? And where you've recreated plate damage above the front tracks, is that PE or did you hack up plastic? Man, that is such an awesome result.

Thanks for the Glaug pics. Did you wait long with HF? Or they happened to be in stock?

Edited by cowie165

Cain how did you paint the alien? The colours are great! Is it fine airbrush work with lots of drybrushing?

And in the block the alien is standing on I can see (what looks like) 1/570 Bismarck parts! There's a main gun turrent on the back and part of the main mast/conning tower/bridge lookout/whatever(!) on the front. (Clearly that's why I'm air force and not navy :))

Prometheum, bigger is better! Wether it's a Glaug, T-34, or antique model trains! Old Lionel? Again, awesome work on the tank! - MT

Cain, great job on the alien paint effects. I never did see that movie. No head, odd design!?

Edited by MechTech

Cowie165: I just used basic brush technics and heavy drybrushing. I must confesed the varnish I used have a strange way to blend the colors. Unespected but very nice.

The base is part of the kit, not custom made. But what you said might gives us clues about how it was made.Very smart observation. ^_^

Mechtech: These are WIP shots, I haven't finish my kit yet. <_<

You never saw the movie??? :huh:

How can it be, how old are you? :blink:

You're not even familiar with the alien creature design?? :huh:

I can't believe it but be assured there is a head I still need to paint. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

I can't remember if we were talking about it here or elsewhere, but I just received some decals from samueldecal.com

They are very well done. Crisp edges, good register, the white is strong and opaque and you get plenty of decals for your money. DIY cutout.

If anyone missed the link, it was www.samueldecal.com/html/macross.htm

He also resized a set for me, from 1/72 down to 1/100, which was a nice service.

Hi finally done with the 1/24th Landspeeder.

I am not totally happy with the kit. There are some discrepancies with the kit and both the filimg minature and the life sized prop. Added both the steering wheele and the wiring which helped. Base is made with spakle and sand. Tan line on windsheild is from the camera. Thanks.

post-55-1214703606_thumb.jpg

post-55-1214703641_thumb.jpg

post-55-1214703675_thumb.jpg

Im working on something top secret. Ill give ya a hint though. 2 legs and a rail gun. Please dont ask just letting everyone know that something cool in 1/72 scale is coming soon

Oh !! He's been at the furniture polish again don't all your builds usually have tracks ?

I've been SOOoooo busy lately with A LOT on my workbench and floor. Thought I'd post some pictures. Our building has a recreation area. It used to have gross green trimmed walls and a lot of broken stuff. After some paint, electricians, and working on several decorations at home, this is what I designed and put together:

post-2518-1215112250_thumb.jpg This was made from a Cyron light bar set and laser engraved acrylic, it changes colors.

post-2518-1215112304_thumb.jpg

post-2518-1215112315_thumb.jpg

post-2518-1215112274_thumb.jpg

post-2518-1215112283_thumb.jpg

post-2518-1215112296_thumb.jpg

post-2518-1215112323_thumb.jpg

post-2518-1215112330_thumb.jpg

post-2518-1215112261_thumb.jpg

My wife helped out a great deal too! She's the bomb! Now everyone in the building has a cool place to hang out, and I can get back to work on the Daedalus (that's why the lack of posts lately). Back to work... - MT

post-2518-1215112268_thumb.jpg

post-2518-1215112731_thumb.jpg

Edited by MechTech

Working on this:

tamamaroboxy1.jpg

A small little thing to brush up on my rusty modeling skills. :3 Still got more work to be done on it though >.>

@MechTech: You sure like to work on big stuff :p The room looks awesome btw.

Edited by renkenjutsu

Not really a model... but that's what I've been working on lately :):rolleyes::)

post-2300-1215305524_thumb.jpg

post-2300-1215305556_thumb.jpg

post-2300-1215305577_thumb.jpg