What's lying on your workbench? MKII

TSP

It has been done before (kinda)

post-1187-1208035729_thumb.jpg post-1187-1208035739_thumb.jpg

You into DnB??? That's awesome!

Edit: BTW, I've got my VF-1D Battroid that I just started on. I'm going to do Max's color scheme and some sort of dio (probably just some simple terrain with maybe some scorched Earth)

Edited by cynispin

Here's whats on my workbench! Finally done... after 2yrs starting the Boosters (just before my daughter was born... then everything went on hold!)

Just waiting for a sunny day to get some proper pictures of it.

For those of you interested and missed my step-by-step build up; http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...=23678&st=0

Hmm... what next... (something small and short)

post-244-1208568164_thumb.jpg

It is not often that I can post anything of mine in the Model Kits forum. This "Master Grade" kit requires no paint or glue, which was a selling point for me; however, I've gone ahead and used paint and glue (and some sandpaper) anyway. <_< This is still a work-in-progress until I can make up my mind what kind of paint scheme I want to give this thing. Also, I haven't decided whether I want the gold substructure to be more brassy or blingy.

pc270001yz5.jpg

Edited by Wicked Ace

Cool Gundam. What's the thing it's holding? I have NFI about Gundam - it looks like a giant pair of multi-grips :)

Wicked Ace do you have a link to a decent "gundam for dummies" page please? (or should I just go visit wikipedia?) I've only seen two or three episodes and I'm just not sure if it's something I can get into; is it more suited to the younger audience? Thanks!

Cool Gundam. What's the thing it's holding? I have NFI about Gundam - it looks like a giant pair of multi-grips :)

Wicked Ace do you have a link to a decent "gundam for dummies" page please? (or should I just go visit wikipedia?) I've only seen two or three episodes and I'm just not sure if it's something I can get into; is it more suited to the younger audience? Thanks!

I am the wrong person to ask about Gundam. :lol: I just started watching Gundam Seed (on loan from friend). I visited the Gundam Newbie thread in the Anime/Sci-Fi forum as well as Wikipedia for the basic breakdown. As far as what the "mulit-grips" are, the only thing I do know is that they are part of the "Dragoon" weapon system.

OK, even I know a nutcracker when I see one! Actually I don't get into Gundam much except to but the kits for parts :ph34r:. I like some of the designs though.

WM Cheng, the booster looks absolutely awesome! Great metal effects on the boosters. I just saw the episode with those yesterday and was thinking of you guys building that kit here.

Neptuensurvey, the destroid looks great! I always did like that design. It's a good cross between giant and practical. - MT

I am the wrong person to ask about Gundam. :lol: I just started watching Gundam Seed (on loan from friend). I visited the Gundam Newbie thread in the Anime/Sci-Fi forum as well as Wikipedia for the basic breakdown. As far as what the "mulit-grips" are, the only thing I do know is that they are part of the "Dragoon" weapon system.

Thanks! I'll go check out that newbie thread, sounds like what I'm after!

Multi-grips must be an Australian thing. They are a plumber's wrench :)http://www.htpaa.org.au/oztools-images/wrenches/multi-4.jpg

I was trying to work out what the Gundam weapon is and was making a joke about an intergalactic plumber

Hey wait a minute, you can't be mixin' Gundam up with Mospeada weapons! That's just not right (in a styrene kinda way).

With the weapons on the back opened up it looks a lot less like a nutcracker now! Cool model! - MT

Hey all. I just started my very first real model. I have done a few snap togethers when I was a kid but this one is the real deal. It's a Bandai 1/100 VF-1S Battroid with Super/Strike Parts.

Here's the box...

1-100VF1SModel1.jpg

Here's what the finish product is supposed to look like...but instead of yellow I am using red...

1-100VF1SModel2.jpg

Here's the first pieces to get painted...

1-100VF1SModel3.jpg

1-100VF1SModel4.jpg

And the next to get painted...

1-100VF1SModel5.jpg

More to come...

:ph34r:

Have fun misterryno.

Here is my next project and its already primed. I'll begin painting this bad boy in the next few days.

That one looks like it's gonna be fun too!

Hats off to you misterryno! There is a sense of satisfaction from building your own model that you'd never experience with a toy.

We're bringing 1/100 back baby!

Here's my Tomahawk I started about two weeks ago; around ten hours so far. It was also my first try with Mr Surfacer 1200 as a primer and I managed to spiderweb it everywhere. :( Added more thinner, upped the px, and it was much better. It still needs another coat and then the touch ups on the seam lines.

post-3555-1209377038_thumb.jpg

post-3555-1209380400_thumb.jpg

Edited by cowie165

Have fun misterryno.

Here is my next project and its already primed. I'll begin painting this bad boy in the next few days.

Hey nice effect creating the damage there! How did you do it?

Have you decided on a paint scheme? For my 1/100 I'm going to try USMC Sand. I've added a few non-canon bits and pieces; I'd like to capture the feel of an ASLAV or an Abrams.

Hats off to you misterryno! There is a sense of satisfaction from building your own model that you'd never experience with a toy.

We're bringing 1/100 back baby!

Here's my Tomahawk I started about two weeks ago; around ten hours so far. It was also my first try with Mr Surfacer 1200 as a primer and I managed to spiderweb it everywhere. :( Added more thinner, upped the px, and it was much better. It still needs another coat and then the touch ups on the seam lines.

LOOKIN GOOD!

Hey nice effect creating the damage there! How did you do it?

Have you decided on a paint scheme? For my 1/100 I'm going to try USMC Sand. I've added a few non-canon bits and pieces; I'd like to capture the feel of an ASLAV or an Abrams.

The damage was done by Moscato. He release the kit with and without damage. I still have not decided on the paint scheme. I'm thinking about going with Panzer Sand Yellow or something along those lines.

Is that the same copter as blackout from Transformers? Looks like it. Awesome work. Blackout and Barricade were the only two worth a crap in that movie anyhow design wise.

Is that the same copter as blackout from Transformers? Looks like it. Awesome work. Blackout and Barricade were the only two worth a crap in that movie anyhow design wise.

Blackout was an MH-53J. Its the USAF version. it only has 2 engines and 6 rotor blades. it also has the "chin" bulge fr radar and other things.

What makes it a sea dragon? Is that the USN name? Until I saw this post I thought it was just the Marines that operated them. Go Navy.

The Japanese also use it. The Sea dragon/Sea Stallion are its 2 more well known names. The navy uses them just as much as the marines. but they are the only 2 US services that do use them.