The Soul of Chogokin thread!

Fort Max

I still very much see it as a Gundam lookalike,

It is a gundam!

"Gundam the Untold Story"

:ph34r:

(Please refer to Robotech the Movie :ph34r: )

OMG!! IN THE BACKGROUND! DAIZENGAR!! and His Horse buddy! AS SOC!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!

Edited by ShadowerV2

Jegg looks appealing when not colored like that parrot from Fruit Loops cereal :)

Daimos looking ace as usual! And what's with Dancouga behind him? Just for display purposes? Showing size?

VFTF1

Display pics of Daimos and Kotetsushin Jeeg. Thanks to Cybergundam.

ap20080515105238923jpgax7.jpg

You forgot to mention the art behind Daimos for GX-45 which is Daizengar and Aussenseiter, his transforming robot/horse companion from Super Robot Wars Original Generation 2.

Not the SRX I was hoping for but very cool all the same.

For anyone in the dark on who/what GX-45 is there is some good info/art here:

http://srwog.velv.net/og_mecha/daizengar.html

http://srwog.velv.net/og_mecha/aussenseiter.html

Edited by Fort Max

Jegg looks appealing when not colored like that parrot from Fruit Loops cereal :)

Daimos looking ace as usual! And what's with Dancouga behind him? Just for display purposes? Showing size?

VFTF1

Dancouga and Ideon are back there because they're getting re-released. :)

Latest Dengeki Hobby scans. Thanks to Toysdaily.

Daimos has a real wicked looking transformation.

srwhotnewsdg7diu9.jpgsrwhotnewsdg7epi4.jpg

i agree, in the anime, daimos' transformation wasnt that complicated so kudos to bandai for pulling an amazing one

Is there any reason why Daimos is a truck in space? :lol:

Yes.

Space trucks are awesome.

He joins the upper echelons of the space truck ranks alongside such quality mecha as Xabungle and Ideon's Legs.

Bandai always seems to pull absolutely rediculous transformations out of their hat. I can't wait to see more of Aussenseiter.

Well I broke under the temptation and picked up a SPEC Dragonar (standard version). It's really a fantastic toy of amazing quality that easily holds up to the SOC standards. I was expecting it to be a bit larger, but I'm certainly not disappointed by the size. Now I want more toys with metal skeletons. :)

The most overpowered mecha of all time to come, Ideon, was a combining space truck. Do not underestimate the power of the Transforming Space Truckers Union. :)

Not sure about that anymore. Ideon Gun can destroy planets and whatnot but Gurren Lagaan was tossing galaxies around like ninja stars.

I'm thinking of buying my son the SOC Voltes V for his 4th birthday next month. Am I mad to think of getting him such an expensive toy, which will no doubt have lots of poaint chips and broken or missing parts in short order?

Last Christmas, I bought him the English dubbed Voltes V DVD box set (the Philippine English dub, ordered it of Ebay) and he really loves watching it and keeps perstering me for a Voltes V toy. Unfortunately, there are no lower-end Voltes V toys that I can find. It seems to be SOC or nothing.

He's already taken over my SOC Combattler V (and pretty much trashed it).

He also loves watching my raw Combattler V and Mazinger Z VCDs.

Graham

I'm thinking of buying my son the SOC Voltes V for his 4th birthday next month. Am I mad to think of getting him such an expensive toy, which will no doubt have lots of poaint chips and broken or missing parts in short order?

Last Christmas, I bought him the English dubbed Voltes V DVD box set (the Philippine English dub, ordered it of Ebay) and he really loves watching it and keeps perstering me for a Voltes V toy. Unfortunately, there are no lower-end Voltes V toys that I can find. It seems to be SOC or nothing.

He's already taken over my SOC Combattler V (and pretty much trashed it).

He also loves watching my raw Combattler V and Mazinger Z VCDs.

Graham

you should be thankful that your son doesnt want a godaikin version :lol: