The Soul of Chogokin thread!

Fort Max

Uh... I'm curious what the back story on this guy is.

VFTF1

Have you tried the Google yet?

I prefer to just imagine that he is a former Henchman for that Cannary from Fruit Loops breakfast cereal, who afte a falling out with his boss, got tossed into a bowl of Fruit Loops (the Canary's equivalent of Straxus' Smelting Pools from the old TF marvel comics), but miraculously survived the experience - and was forever scarred with the colors of Fruit Loops going soft in milk....

ok - I'm checking google now...

VFTF1

The jeeg thing is fugly as hell....i'm surprised it has a following.

Not for the Classic Jeeg. While it still has the watermelon paint scheme, I think it looks much better with the vintage round wrestler sihlouette. Think they tried too hard to modernize the Shin Jeeg and made it all weird and spikey.

Not for the Classic Jeeg. While it still has the watermelon paint scheme, I think it looks much better with the vintage round wrestler sihlouette. Think they tried too hard to modernize the Shin Jeeg and made it all weird and spikey.

Ya the classic one is awesome!! I was looking forward for a SOC on that, but somehow bandai did it on the new jeeg, which i think is far less popular than the original one. I would have bought the classic one in a second but this one i have to think about it.

windcloud

Ya the classic one is awesome!! I was looking forward for a SOC on that, but somehow bandai did it on the new jeeg, which i think is far less popular than the original one. I would have bought the classic one in a second but this one i have to think about it.

windcloud

I am waiting for the SOC Classic Jeeg too. Hopefully its planned in Bandai's lineup, and Shin Jeeg is just a test bed of the magnet joints system. Guess I'll have to be very patient on this one.

Godmars is very awesome by the way. Got it a few days ago, and really enjoy it. Combination is actually very easy to remember and not that complicated. Though QC is still iffy, especially on the paint.

windcloud

Bandai did this with Gaiking though and didn't a classic version come out of that?

The new Jeeg looks like a clown in comparison.

Actually, to me he looks more like those acrobats in tight pants from the 70s who would swing on those swing bar things high up above the ground or walk on tight ropes.

VFTF1

• 2 weeks later...

Got my SPEC Black Sarena yesterday. Played around with it.

Its a very simple toy. The Aestivalis is small and has metal parts. Despite its small size, its pretty heavy feeling. The poseability is just so so as i found it hard to do a crouch, and not sure i its possible. The shoulders pop off the torso when playing around but its not too loose. The Black Sarena armour is made of plastic and pops in quite easily and so does the hi-mobility armour. I left it as Black Sarena mode after awhile. Poseability in this mode obviously isn't much. The box art shows the Black Sarena to have a blue visor but i can't see it on mine. Its just black...or maybe its there but its hard to make out.

Overall a pretty nice toy but abit smaller than I expected. Sure it looks big after you put the high mobility armour on it but that's like a huge brick and I don't really like that mode.

I give the toy a 7/10.

Got my SPEC Black Sarena yesterday. Played around with it.

Its a very simple toy. The Aestivalis is small and has metal parts. Despite its small size, its pretty heavy feeling. The poseability is just so so as i found it hard to do a crouch, and not sure i its possible. The shoulders pop off the torso when playing around but its not too loose. The Black Sarena armour is made of plastic and pops in quite easily and so does the hi-mobility armour. I left it as Black Sarena mode after awhile. Poseability in this mode obviously isn't much. The box art shows the Black Sarena to have a blue visor but i can't see it on mine. Its just black...or maybe its there but its hard to make out.

Overall a pretty nice toy but abit smaller than I expected. Sure it looks big after you put the high mobility armour on it but that's like a huge brick and I don't really like that mode.

I give the toy a 7/10.

I was also surprised how small the figure was when I got it. But I think its super duper. This is my first SOC fig, and the quality is excellent.

Interesting... I've never seen the Testujin anime, but I have always wanted the SOC figs of T-38 and Black Ox for some reason... think the simple design just makes them really fun looking figures. These two pictured above are kinds ugly, but the joints system bit shown on the T-28 sketches is really neato.

Woner how long it will take for them to release more scans of the SPEC Eva-02 rebuild.. anna know more about the weapons..

TV EVA-02 is supposed to be released later this month. Rebuild EVA-02... my best guess would be the end of the year at the earliest, depending on the movie schedule. The Tamashii SPEC series has enough figures lined up till about Jul or Aug. TV EVA-00 (May), TV EVA-01 Renewal (June), L-Gaim (Jul/Aug?).

Edited by IXTL

TV EVA-02 is supposed to be released later this month. Rebuild EVA-02... my best guess would be the end of the year at the earliest, depending on the movie schedule. The Tamashii SPEC series has enough figures lined up till about Jul or Aug. TV EVA-00 (May), TV EVA-01 Renewal (June), L-Gaim (Jul/Aug?).

End of the year? i can handle that. Cheers for the prediction. :)

Grrr...I can't decide which version of Raideen I like better. The extra accessories don't interest me, but it's the difference between the white and chrome that I can't decide on. Why must you make things so difficult, Bandai, WHY?! :p