Dougram by any other name...

darklord4

I don't know much about the dougram series. What I know is that it has some of the designs that battletech used in the classic versions. I was scrounging yahoo japan looking for kits, so I was wondering what the full japanese name of the series was to help my searches. From a quick googly, it seems it is something to the effect of Sun's fang dougram, or sun fang dougram...

Thanks in advance.

Seriously there are so many cool mecha in this series that it should be revived somehow. If the original series isn't up to standard for DVD then a new show should be done using the mecha.

I'd just be happy to finally see the original. Its probably one of the last of the great 80's Mecha anime that we havent seen domestically yet.

Edited by bsu legato

That one looks so ridiculous it belongs in the Gundam Universe.

Seriously there are so many cool mecha in this series that it should be revived somehow. If the original series isn't up to standard for DVD then a new show should be done using the mecha.

IPB Image

If I said that in Battletech, that one was called "Thunderbolt", you'd love it then right? Because everyone on Macross World loves Thunderbolts, right? :lol:

(it was also, in Battletech at least, made of awesome).

Edited by F-ZeroOne

(it was also, in Battletech at least, made of awesome).

You're kidding, right? The Thunderbolt was a slow-as-hell heat trap that could only soak up damage, not really deal it out. All throughout my paper and pencil days of Battletech (Battletech/Citytech/Battleforce/Mechwarrior, etc.. I played them all... still would if I knew people who played) any time someone in one of MY generated units rolled a Thunderbolt for his mech, I promptly replaced it! Same with the shadowhawk... looked like a nice, balanced mech on paper, but did nothing but blow up pretty from ammunition explosions every time it got hit...

Edited by Skull Leader

You're kidding, right? The Thunderbolt was a slow-as-hell heat trap that could only soak up damage, not really deal it out. All throughout my paper and pencil days of Battletech (Battletech/Citytech/Battleforce/Mechwarrior, etc.. I played them all... still would if I knew people who played) any time someone in one of MY generated units rolled a Thunderbolt for his mech, I promptly replaced it! Same with the shadowhawk... looked like a nice, balanced mech on paper, but did nothing but blow up pretty from ammunition explosions every time it got hit...

I think he meant in-the-context-of-TRO 3025 original only. C'mon, most of the TRO3025 designs sucked sooooo bad! Either thin as hell armour, or they risked ammo blowups with Alpha strikes, or weak arsed firepower or not enough ammo!

Look at the Rifleman! Even the mighty Atlas had problems.

Edited by Retracting Head Ter Ter

Sorry, what can I say? I was never a truly serious Battletech player, but when we played, for whatever reason, Thunderbolts tended to still be standing when everything else was scrap metal. Sorry. :)

(Of course, this was with the original rules. The introduction of gauss rifles and ER PPCs sort of changed things a touch... :) )

Edited by F-ZeroOne

• 6 years later...

Back from the dead !! But it looks like Max factory is working on the new Dougram line:

http://blog.amiami.com/amiblo/2013/02/12-03.html

Hopefully they'll make the Ironfoot later on.

Recently there was a book on Dougram & Vifam models:

http://www.hlj.com/product/MDW86671/Sci

http://type920.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2012/11/post-9967.html

That one looks so ridiculous it belongs in the Gundam Universe.

f4x.jpg

and some people call this, a T-Bolt... :wub:in the fanboy section of my brain, i still think clan Threshers and Summoners were designed based on SLDF Thunderbolt's

• 3 years later...
On 10/18/2006 at 1:54 PM, JsARCLIGHT said:

- JsARCLIGHT hugs his bootleg Dougram VCDs -

I'll say what I've said a million times before, I'll trade someone copies of my Dougram VCDs (the entire series) for a copy of the entire Dorvack series...

- Listens to crickets -

Damn.

I think I have a copy of Dorvack squirreled away.

Edited by Professor Dire
clean up

Oh man, I remember having some of the models from that series; Roundfacer, Bushman, Blockhead, even the Mackerel.  I nagged me mum into getting them for me as a kid back in the day, when Revell released them under the Robotech Defenders line.  Alas, my meager modeling skills meant they didn't look much like the cool diorama art from the model boxes.  That, and my lack of appreciation then for the fact that models aren't exactly meant to be played around with like toys meant that sadly none of them survived my childhood.  :(  Ah, memories...

About 2/3 of the original series eps were available subbed on youtube, and I was enjoying it.  I'm rather fond of the character and mecha designs (well, most of them); and the tone and pacing of the show, which contrasted from the 20+ minute bang-pow toy commercials that were mecha shows then and since.

Edited by reddsun1