x-02

deadghost

this is about the X-02 wyvern also known as the YF-25 from ace combat 4 (and 5, and zero) the plane is a super plane in the game, it can out-fly every other plane in the game and has a huge weapon load. the kit he is refering to was produced by hasegawa but is ultra super rare and no one has one.

look here http://www.shatteredskies.net/x02analysis.html

and here http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/planes/q0192b.shtml

(second one has pics of the model)

I can't say way mulder is here.

Edited by anime52k8

And yet there's still people who think the X-02 was NOT based off the YF-23... (the second photo is made from about the most famous photo of YF-23 #2--I can post the original if anyone cares)

And I still like the YF-23 more. X-02 has too many fins and spines for my liking. And having the canard located there doesn't seem right for aerodynamics.

Edited by Retracting Head Ter Ter

X-02 has the outer half of the wings swing INSIDE the wingroot. When the wing tips are retracted, the wings are identical to the YF-23. (the leading edge splits open to allow the tips to go inside).

Canards---just write it off to "close-coupled in the extreme". Pure wing airflow control, rather than pitch control.

X-02 has the outer half of the wings swing INSIDE the wingroot. When the wing tips are retracted, the wings are identical to the YF-23. (the leading edge splits open to allow the tips to go inside).

Canards---just write it off to "close-coupled in the extreme". Pure wing airflow control, rather than pitch control.

Would have made more sense for the outer wing to 'retract' sideways into the inner wings rather then swing forward while having those honking big split 'airbrakes'*** open up!

I find too many anime planes with FSW and unecessary fins and spines. I am more a fan of the SR-71/YF-23 'blended' school of design.

***I guess this is one plane that can yaw faster then anything else in the air! Just 'brake' one wing!

Edited by Retracting Head Ter Ter

There would be some interesting drag effects during the wing transition to be sure based on that CGI of the fighter on the ground

That's for sure! If the transition was made at a high enough speed the wings would more than likely be torn right off. :lol:

Anyone who doesn't see that the X-02 is obviously a YF-23 is an idiot, and i mean that in the harshest possible way.

or... possibly not very familiar with the newest fighter planes...

never mistake personal knowledge for common knowledge.

or... possibly not very familiar with the newest fighter planes...

never mistake personal knowledge for common knowledge.

Fair enough BUT if one has not seen the YF-23 then one should not be commenting that the X-02 isn't based on the 23!

And there are those who still don't see the errors of their ways even after photo evidence is presented.

I looked at that and said, what? TOOooo much wing "stuff." In reality, if the wing roots did open up, it'd probably stall out and crash. Remember the P-3 the Chinese colided with? Only part of it's nose went and the pilot lost control over it. Wow, what if your wings did that? Canards are awesome (just ask the Swedes), but not like that... - MT

It should be noted that the X-02 photochopped from the YF-23 image does not show the X-02 from the games. The actual model shares fewer similarities with it's counterpart.

Front fuselage? Check!

Canopy? Check!

Cockpit-rear bump? Check!

Air ducts shape? Check!

Ruddevators? Check!

Wing-root shape? Check!

Naaaaah, very few similarities...forget about it ^_^