Transformers Super Thread 4: The Return

Dangard Ace

He's a Deluxe, so I'd have to say 6 inches.

wrong, he ias a voyager($20), so roughly about 8 inches. So far the only other version listed for blackout is the kiddified FAB(Fast Action Battlers) Blackout for $10.

Funny, I also found a listing for a deluxe Starscream, so far there is protoform, deluxe, voyager, FAB, and a voyager repaint as thundercracker listed.

I am hoping the deluxe one is more accurate then the voyager....too much kibble underneath on that one not to mention that it is inaccurate in some areas.

Preordered the mp3 Soundwave blue version with early bird from HLJ. Cancelled MP Megatron preoreder from HLJ and preordered from Action HQ.

Edited by sh002

wrong, he ias a voyager($20), so roughly about 8 inches. So far the only other version listed for blackout is the kiddified FAB(Fast Action Battlers) Blackout for $10.

Funny, I also found a listing for a deluxe Starscream, so far there is protoform, deluxe, voyager, FAB, and a voyager repaint as thundercracker listed.

I am hoping the deluxe one is more accurate then the voyager....too much kibble underneath on that one not to mention that it is inaccurate in some areas.

Thanks. That back kible is rather big so I wish voyager class was a bit smaller... but after this:

IPB Image

I want it. Go, gerwalk chopper, go :lol:

From: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showpost.php...p;postcount=221

Got my second Classics today, Ramjet. Very nice mold-wise, but while the "updated" paint scheme is pretty cool (they seem to be doing well with the seekers, especially Skywarp) I'm disappointed by the lack of red in robot mode. There's NONE. Basically--why'd they mold the wings in grey? They should have been red like the G1. Then they could just paint a few black accents (engines and tailfins).

But as it is (molded grey with red paint only on one side) he's totally colorless in bot mode--just white and grey, with a smattering of gold. (I don't recall gold on the G1--he had silver and teal striping). If his wings were molded in red, he'd have some nice accents on his legs, and the tailfins and engines wouldn't be lost in a "sea of grey".

Now to wait for Thundercracker...

Got my second Classics today, Ramjet. Very nice mold-wise, but while the "updated" paint scheme is pretty cool (they seem to be doing well with the seekers, especially Skywarp) I'm disappointed by the lack of red in robot mode. There's NONE. Basically--why'd they mold the wings in grey? They should have been red like the G1. Then they could just paint a few black accents (engines and tailfins).

But as it is (molded grey with red paint only on one side) he's totally colorless in bot mode--just white and grey, with a smattering of gold. (I don't recall gold on the G1--he had silver and teal striping). If his wings were molded in red, he'd have some nice accents on his legs, and the tailfins and engines wouldn't be lost in a "sea of grey".

Now to wait for Thundercracker...

Ramjet's primarily colours are black and white. They used gold on the Classics toy because silver is too visually similar to white. His original wings weren't red, they were burgundy.

Hasbro and Takara thought ahead and designed this tooling with repainting into multiple characters in mind, so Starscream's tooling has Ramjet's parts as well. They just aren't used when they are assembling Starscream or Skywarp, and vice versa when assembling Ramjet. I believe that if you look closely, most of the Ramjet add-on parts are the same colour. Saves them money from having to make only four parts burgundy.

They could have used teal insead of gold, that's very different from white, and is one of Ramjet's original colors. (and it was metallic teal, too)

And fine, BURGUNDY wings instead of red. :p

And would have liked to see BLACK instead of grey. (Same issue I have with Titanium TC) TC, Dirge, and Ramjet have BLACK hands and feet, not grey. Sure hope they do TC right--dark metallic blue and BLACK, not pale blue and grey. 2nd-coolest paint scheme ever (after Skywarp) but rarely recreated right.

Ok, I understand the mold/coloring issue. Could still have gone with black though--he'd have black feet, engines, wings, weapons, tailfins--all correct. Only issue could be his face (easily changed with paint, plenty of TF's with painted faces). Still, black with burgundy paint on BOTH sides would have looked even better. (And teal accents---gold on a robot is practially neutral)

That should also mean, if there is just the single large mold with all the optional parts, if there's going to be a Dirge and/or Thrust, then the molds for those parts already exist, we just haven't seen them yet.

Well, I would presume they either:

1. Block off the un-needed part of the mold. Most models are made this way---Hasegawa has a "master mold" for every part for the entire F-4 family. But they can turn on and off various parts of the mold, so that only the parts needed actually get plastic injected into it. They have a quite complex mold for the F-4, there's literally dozens of combinations they could make--they mold EXACTLY what each kit needs. For Hasbro to block off a single area with Ramjet's pieces would be very simple.

2. The un-needed pieces are immediately sent back and re-melted to be used in the next batch. This is the other way, usually done when the un-needed pieces are few, and not worth changing the mold setup.

So either all the un-needed Ramjet pieces were being re-melted and used in other Starscreams (it's clean, and the right color already), or the pieces weren't made in the first place, with the Ramjet part of the mold being blocked off (and hopefully, there's Dirge and Thrust pieces on the mold also being blocked off). If you can see the sprue itself, it's obvious where the sprue separates/blocks off different groups of parts. Usually a large cylindrical area perpendicular to the main section of the sprue.

Actually, the most likely scenario is that only the fuselage, arms, and feet are "always" on, with every wing and tail variation being one of the "optional choices" on the mold--thus, even Starscream's parts aren't "inherent" to the mold. (This is how the Hasegawa F-4 mold is set up)

I don't know. I still would have preferred something in the direction of a modified Binaltech Laserwave for one of the movie designs.

I'm hoping/waiting for a Grimlock repaint/remold--fix all the flaws.

Eh? Classics Grimlock has flaws? I picked him up yesterday, and he looks pretty perfect in my book. I must be missing something...

Classics Mirage is pretty neat too.

They also put up Bonecrusher http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=122326

Eh? Classics Grimlock has flaws? I picked him up yesterday, and he looks pretty perfect in my book. I must be missing something...

The two black panels that fold down either side of his head were supposed to clip his shoulders into the torso, but the tabs don't line up properly.

I'm not sure in what capacity more Classics could be released, as technically all that they planned have now been released, and Hasbro will be concentrating on the next mainline after the movie. They'd like to do more Classics, probably as a sideline.

Anyone have a picture of MP Optimus next to MP Starscream and some Alternators or Binaltechs? I'm thinking I should get Starscream now that MP Megatron will be coming out.

Here's an old picture I found on my computer. It's Wreck-Gar riding Wreck-Gar.

post-2880-1170616352_thumb.jpg

Edited by sh002

Nice redeco on Wheeljack, Jazz and Mirage.

I was in Northern Washington today doing a dealertrade on some cars, and I stopped at a Target store on my way back. I managed to snag classics Cliffjumper.....he's a nice repaint, but I really wish they changed the head mold into something more "authentic" to cliffjumper.

So I'm back to just needing Jetfire. I just wont be able to get him until mid Feburary.

Megs is kinda big.

and black hair too! I'm not sure about the t-shirt. Or the happy face.

*boom tish*

But seriously folks, he looks awesome! I would prefer the cannon/telescopic sight to be a bit smaller but that's just nit picking.

Ravage looks a lot better than I expected. Where did you pick it up?

I pre-ordered a set of Ravage + Rumble back in Nov 2006. Price was 90 SGD from 'Falcon's Hangar' here in Singapore. Ravage arrived unannounced and they were just as surprised that it was actually released.

Anyway, the cat is fun! Very nice change from the usual BT/Alt robots. The metallic black plastic is not bad but it does pick up minor scratches easily. The leg joints are mostly uni-directional, except for the fore-legs on ball-joints. Neck is 2-piece ball-jointed but you can't turn the head sideways unless you rotate the first block 'wrongly' by 90 degrees. I like it.

Just got my UltraMagnus/Skywarp 2 pack and Ramjet from sh002, VERY cool repaints! Skywarp is freaking fantastic looking.

And Ramjet is very nice........Ultramagnus though, he needs some more color to him, espically his smoke stacks....I thought it'd be just like Prime's, maybe I'll switch the two.