Transformers Super Thread 4: The Return

Dangard Ace

Hey I was curious, since the Ultra Magnus/Skywarp 2 pack is out, does anyone have that look up stock code for it for Target?

I knwo some Targets in other states are getting them but ppl are having to go ask the store clerks who get reluctent to look in their back...

I'd like to see if they do got them so I can tell the clerk "Go look you bastard" when I show 'em proof.

You might want to search around the various TF forums, since its not out in Australia yet, so can't help you there.

In other TF news - apparently there will be many, many non-movie TFs, and several different versions of the movie characters in the same pricepoints. And a Leader-class Brawl.

LINK

Can anyone here confirm if Target has stopped selling in their stores the 6" TF Titainum line? I saw on the TFC2005 boards that they stopped stocking them. Which would be a shame since I want the Rodimus Prime titanium version.

They did announce Target wasn't going to carry anymore of the Titanium lines, don't know why. But I think a month and a half ago was the last time I saw a Titanium at Target and that was Scourage, which isn't bad for a shellformer.

If you are looking for Ultra Magnus/Skywarp, I've got 2 sets. Also have Ramjet and Grimlock.

There aren't anymore Alternators or Titaniums at the Targets in my area. I've only seen Titanium Scourges at TRU. For Titanium Rodimus, the best place might be ebay or Hasbrotoyshop.com.

It is a bummer though to know that alot of stores shipping Megatron in the US will be undergoing the modification, but personally I'd rather that the cap can be taken off, to have it glued on or have spray paint really ruins it on being a "Master piece" in my opinion and wouldn't even be worth 50 bucks in my opinion compared to well over 100.

I went to Target afterwork, and asked around if they would of had an Ultramagnus/Skywarp 2 pack in their back room. Their supervisor said "It was probably on our holiday sale and we don't do that anymore" : / I never said it was a holiday deal, I did tell them that the toys were recently released though, so they obviously didn't listen to what I had to say.

But they did tell me if I had the product code it'd be easier....it pisses me off that they didn't wanna look, just quickly disregard it as existing.

I did find it online though, but I'm not willing to spend anywhere over 50 bucks for them, that's like 2 Voyager class Transformers and 1 deluxe...to much for my tastes even for my first ultra magnus toy.

When I got home I was pretty bummed so I took my Classics Starscream and started tinkering with him. I'm surprised how few of screws are actually on him....I was thinking, I could complete my trio seekers set by buying another classics starscream, unscrewing him and painting him to match Thundercracker....but it loos like that couldn't happen cause alot of his parts don't come apart unless I'm missing something.

Only parts that come off so far are his wings, fuselage(inside the chest cavity and fuselage itself on the right side), and shoulders....not sure bout the legs, I see screws but nothing so far on taking him apart.

Also need to find a good picture of Thundercracker and see how I wanna "update" his color scheme like Starscream and Skywarp have been.

Big news for folks that preordered Masterpiece Megatron from ww.hlj.com

http://www.allspark.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=23356

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-URNS!

This sucks. :angry:

If they paint it I think that could be ok only

becasue its easier to deal with than having some piece of plastic glued on. <_<

I went to Target afterwork, and asked around if they would of had an Ultramagnus/Skywarp 2 pack in their back room. Their supervisor said "It was probably on our holiday sale and we don't do that anymore" : / I never said it was a holiday deal, I did tell them that the toys were recently released though, so they obviously didn't listen to what I had to say.

But they did tell me if I had the product code it'd be easier....it pisses me off that they didn't wanna look, just quickly disregard it as existing.

It isn't even released yet. The people who have theirs either a) got them from the backroom or b) the store set them out before the 2/4 set date.

The way I understand it, it is corporate policy for Target that things aren't supposed to be taken out of the backroom ahead of time. Many stores don't follow this, but some do. I'm sure some employees have had bad experiences with scalpers/crazy collectors and so they stop getting stuff from the back. I don't blame them. Just wait until the set date. :ph34r:

Hmmm...do you guys think one will be better holding off from purchasing this release of Megs...and waiting six or eight months down the road in hopes that Takara releases a second version with the extended barrel and shoulder stock?

I don't think it'll be 6 to 8 months for the silencer and extended clip to come out; if the MPC Prime is any indication it could take up to 2 years, that's how long it took for Takara to release Prime's trailer. Unlike Yamato, Takara seems to wait a long time in-between reissues.

I've read that a lot of Targets already have the Ultra Magnus/Skywarp set out on the shelves early. If most Targets sell them early, there will probably be none available on the release date. Yesterday I went to one and there were like 10-12 at the end of the shelf on its own. Today I went back and there were only 2 left mixed with the rest of the Transformers in the aisle.

It sucks about MP Megatron. I preordered mine with early bird from HLJ. I'm a collector and my concern is that it won't be MISB anymore with someone opening the box and altering the item. I might have to get another one elsewhere or cancel my order soon.

IMO, I don't like some of the movie toys. Some look like MP or Alternators/Binaltech 80's Gobots if they had their own line.

.. with gold/copper chest window trimming and red eyes.

Now who'd be the inspiritation for this character?... :p

To bad about the blue being baby-blueish and the hands being white.

It still looks okay though, and it's nothing a little enamel or acrylic paint couldn't solve. B))

MP-5 is still worth buying, even if they will eventually release a more complete version down the road. This MP-5 will stay in robot mode since the only thing exclusive to the robot mode is the arm canon.

There's also plenty of sources out there for everyone who wants to purchase an unmodified MP-5. I've got mines pre-ordered and unmodified.

I live in the U.S. and I also have two of the Megatron re-issues. I didn't have any problems getting them without them being tampered with.

It sucks about MP Megatron. I preordered mine with early bird from HLJ. I'm a collector and my concern is that it won't be MISB anymore with someone opening the box and altering the item. I might have to get another one elsewhere or cancel my order soon.

Honestly. I'm gonna wait until I get 100% proof that Megs is going to be altered with the orange cap.

I really don't feel like losing that early bird special.

For the same reason MP Starscream is green, while F-15E's are grey. They just can't allow a grey toy it seems, even when claiming "realism"--so they've gotta add some color.

Interesting fact:

Real F-15E's, and MH-53J's are painted the exact same shade of dark, hue-less grey: FS36118 Gunship Grey. There is no green, nor blue, in that paint. (36320 and 36375 have subtle blue hues, while 36440 is notably brown--but 36118 is a pure mix of black and white)

It's the same color used on all USAF bombers, including stealths. And stealth bombers aren't blueish. Or greenish. At all.

Blackouts still on my want list, he'll probably look better then Megs and Optimus.

As for the Ultramagnus/Skywarp pack, I don't have to worry bout that anymore thanks too Sh002.

Megatron STILL looks like he can't stand correctly without a damn stand for support....this is really starting to piss me off. If there isn't a confermation if he can stand on his own or have his own display like Starscream, I might just kill my preorder.

The MP Megs Takara is using is probably a hand-painted prototype with really wonky joints.

I don't think it'll be 6 to 8 months for the silencer and extended clip to come out; if the MPC Prime is any indication it could take up to 2 years, that's how long it took for Takara to release Prime's trailer. Unlike Yamato, Takara seems to wait a long time in-between reissues.

Probably because Yamato only have a few new toolings per year of Macross product. Takara makes more TF product, so they can't expect the market to absorb too many reissues of expensive collector toys. Besides, with faceless mecha, its easy to paint them in various colours and then release them.

Blackout... I'm disappointed. What the heck is with the white hands? Strange. The blue is ugly as well. I'll probably pass on it just to save money. In fact I think I'll pass on all of the movie toys. The only TF I display is MP Prime anyway.

The hands and Scorponok accessory are PVC, so there's a good chance the colours will be changed on the final toy, given that Scorponok is supposed to be silver or grey.

HLJ has released a statement on MP05 issue.

http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT76016

For customers in the United States ONLY, HobbyLink Japan will be placing a plastic orange cap over the end of the barrel in order to keep this toy in compliance with Title 15, Chapter 76 of the United States Code.

Installing this cap on the item will require our staff to open the packaging, which will break any tape sealing the box flaps. This will be performed with the utmost care, but of course it will prevent us from delivering this product to US customers in "unopened" condition. Note that without this modification, your purchase could be confiscated by the US Customs Service and/or you could be charged with a crime under the above US Federal Law.

HobbyLink Japan understands and appreciates the desires of US-based toy collectors related to merchandise of this nature, and we feel this is the best solution to meet those needs under the circumstances. In order to maintain your item's compliance with US laws, we recommend that you not snap off the plastic cap after you have received the item.

Guess this is not permanent then.

haha.. that statement (we recommend that you not snap off the plastic cap) is the best "I have to say this to cover my ass but I sure as hell don't mean it" statement ever! :D