Transformers Super Thread 4: The Return

Dangard Ace

please tell me that hasn't been transformed properly. And the quality is so CHEAP! solid plastic chunks for hands and the ugly peg sticking out of the leg.

All movie bashing aside that just looks like a poor Transformer toy. The only thing that's not offensive about that is the colors.

Ratchet on the other hand appears to be quite a bit better. I'm not sure yet wether or not I like him enough to buy, but he is so far the best of the movie Transformer toys that we've seen (not counting the gadgetformers which have never been officially associated with the movie).

[attachmentid=39536]

post-430-1168703389_thumb.jpg

$90 Bumblebee rumor/info: http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=119987

Comments? IMHO, it's a waste. If there's a $90 toy, it should be Prime or SS. While SS's robot mode may suck, a huge, MP-like transforming F-22 alone would rock---it could have like NO kibble if they did it right with that much size and price-point to work with.

"voice activated" Bumble Bee , it could be good.

without seeing pics of it. I have to give it a chance, atleast

I imagine it will be a static pose item, since a transforming robot

isn't too likely at the $90 mark. perhaps it'll have motion sensors

like the robo sapien toy or something like that dino-robot that roars

"voice activated" Bumble Bee , it could be good.

without seeing pics of it. I have to give it a chance, atleast

I imagine it will be a static pose item, since a transforming robot

isn't too likely at the $90 mark. perhaps it'll have motion sensors

like the robo sapien toy or something like that dino-robot that roars

It probably IS transformable, given the guy says it looks great in robot and car mode. :p

90 bucks for a Bumblebeevangelion, though? It's an awesome toy of a crap design.

Pity this isn't being done in the Classic line.

Hmm skipped over that part about robot and car mode ... Oops.

Now then will it transform all by itself for $90.oo? that would be cool.

Edited by Macross73

so why'd they go for bumblebee instead of optimus?

is it because bumblebee's got some horribly 'adorable & cutesy' scene in the movie that kids are gonna go ga-ga over?

*GASP*

is this movie gonna pull a Jarjar ? :blink:

Hrm, I can see a scene, where the humans of the movie just bought their new car, go to make out ridge and suddenly realize they aint alone :ph34r::lol:

Just to let you guys know the Ironhide that was seen earlier, the Jazz that just popped up, the small mutant looking starscream, and the small prime that popped up today(all with missle launchers) are all part of the smaller kiddified "fast action battlers" line.

We have seen the $20 starscream(the one with the messed up vertical stabilizers) and the $10 Jazz way back. We have not seen the "bigger" Iron Hide and Prime yet.(though I have a feeling we will since I would not be surprised if they got leaked prior to toyfair next month).

Hmm skipped over that part about robot and car mode ... Oops.

Now then will it transform all by itself for $90.oo? that would be cool.

Well, there is precident for auto-transformation. The Armada Optimus Prime's Trailer was able to transform on it's own. Granted, it was a very simple transformation, but it did work.

Well, there is precident for auto-transformation. The Armada Optimus Prime's Trailer was able to transform on it's own. Granted, it was a very simple transformation, but it did work.

There were also several spring-loaded transformations in the G1 product line. Usually with pull-back motors that sent them flying across the floor before they popped up.

Again, very simple transformations(even by G1 standards), but...

Well, we've only seen proto shots of Blackout a few months ago. He looked pretty complicated. He'll probably be $30-$40. I'm not sure if many movie toys will dare break the $50 barrier.

That Starscream figure looks no bigger than Cyb Soundwave or even Cyb Thundercracker.

So I'll doubt it he's any bigger than an Ultra.

Ultimate Bumblebee will be $90.

He's said to be insanely detailed - there you go, David ;) - and features a voice activation gimmick of some kind.

I keep thinking of it as an MP class toy with some AIBO features.

The latest pictures of Starscream, Prime, Ironhide and Jazz, all pertain the Action Battlers.

Quick change TF that have even more simplified transformations than the regular toys will have.

Edited by T.V.

Hmmm... call me a hypocryte and a traitor, but that second image Op Prime figure isn't the worst Prime figure I can think of... if not for the fact that it's very existance stands for so much evil, I'd kinda like it. Maybe some decent toys will warm me over to some of the less crappy movie designs.

So those two images of the prototype toys, the Primes looks different. One's kinda tall and gangly and the other is kinda hefty. Is the one shown with Megatron the clost-to-final version?

movie prime is pretty nice looking. i wonder if one of the two shown is the 90 dollar version?

And cab mode just looks drool worthy.

and megs, well, for a transformer... uhm... WTF? but just as a design, it looks pretty badass.