What Issues Would You...

kensei

I'm just saying that I don't (definatly no expert) see an easy way to work that into the manufacturing process and get the nice results I'd want for panel lining and make everyone happier for it having been done. I'd rather, myself, have it stay as it is - deeply etched, but not filled. Looks much more precise then the licorice they had on my 11B

I'm just saying that I don't (definatly no expert) see an easy way to work that into the manufacturing process and get the nice results I'd want for panel lining and make everyone happier for it having been done. I'd rather, myself, have it stay as it is - deeply etched, but not filled. Looks much more precise then the licorice they had on my 11B

424248[/snapback]

the 1/48 LV1 is panel-lined... and an excellent example of how it's done right. They (yamato) can more than do it.. like tampo printing... They can... but they don't most of the time. I just hope they tampo print the valks from now and get rid of stickers as a whole... we have people in the community who make better ones anyway.

Panel lining is annoying to do by hand. I've done my vf-1S hikaru, and I don't want to do it again... If I wanted to customize stuff on my own, I'd be into model making

:p

you gotta love all the realistic suggestions.....and yes i'm being sarcastic.  :D

424043[/snapback]

I just want a solidly built, perfect transformation, no loose or floppy anything,

in a smaller box, tampo marked, lineart accurate, never breaking, no fragile parts, Color scheme correct, and Low Priced Valk

(this applies to 2 seater valks as well)

Now i ask you is this really too much to ask for?

There's lots of different ways to panel line.

Just do a search here on the forum.

I used a Sakura 01 Micron pen, cotton swabs and some spit, but that gives a bit of a smudged look.(which I personally like, because it makes the Valk look like it's been used)

I don't like panel-lined things from the factory, because the factory usually does such a harsh job. (Us modelers tend to like washes etc---fine, subtle highlighting--see wm cheng's stuff----NOT stuff that looks like tar slathered in deep trenches, outlined like a drawing in a coloring book)

I don't like panel-lined things from the factory, because the factory usually does such a harsh job.  (Us modelers tend to like washes etc---fine, subtle highlighting--see wm cheng's stuff----NOT stuff that looks like tar slathered in deep trenches, outlined like a drawing in a coloring book)

424566[/snapback]

coloring book LOL!

i think they did a great job panel lining and weathering the LV1. if they could do something of similar quality, i'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Panel lining tip: use a very very thin pencil. Or, use an ink wash. I ink-washed my vf0S and it turned out looking awesome; especially the boosters in the feet.

424806[/snapback]

Those 'r fight'n words.

Show us some pics to back it up. :p

Panel lining tip: use a very very thin pencil. Or, use an ink wash. I ink-washed my vf0S and it turned out looking awesome; especially the boosters in the feet.

424806[/snapback]

Those 'r fight'n words.

Show us some pics to back it up. :p

425088[/snapback]

That's a toughie. Our digital camera can make even the most beautiful work of art into a disappointing mess. B))

• 3 months later...

Suggestions for Yamato to improve "Customer Delight"

- Product testing on production samples before mass production

- QC improvement (6-sigma lean manufacturing)

- English version of their Website

- Improvement of stickers

- More Tampo printing

- Accessory packs with Side covers and DYRL Hands

- Improvement of current hand designs

- Smaller packaging

- Panel Lines

- Weathering

- Space releases so that one product per month released

- Allow Graham to provide release of information earlier (I don't care about this too much, if Graham is happy with the upcoming products then we should all be happy! Remember he is a Macross fan and not a businessman!)

Edited by kensei

Wanted Releases

- 1/48 VF-1S Maximilian Jenius

- 1/48 VF-1A Maximilian Jenius

- 1/48 VF-1A Hayao Kakizaki

- Development of two seater 1/48 VF-1s

- 1/48 VF-4G

- TV and DYRL? SDF-1

- Destroids

- More Enemy Mecha

- Complete Zero line of toys

- Complete M+ Line of toys

- Complete VF-X2 (VF-17 for me and Graham ;))

- Acquisition of licence and development of toys for M3 and M7 using existing toys (like the YF-19) as a research base

Edited by kensei

I don't know if I'd trust them to do an SDF-1 in any form. I would like them to do some figures though, they were pretty good, although MaxFoactory would be better after what they did with their Gundam SEED line.

Folks, we don't need no more valks...

We need Misa and Minmay figures in ridiculously little clothing! :p

Just kidding, I think we covered the main issues, QC and Tampo printing. I have a feeling we haven't seen the end of the 1/48 VF-1 (VT-1? VE-1? VF-1D? or just more colors?) so I'm happy as it is ^_^

I have a feeling we haven't seen the end of the 1/48 VF-1

I hope not! I desperately need them to reissue the Max & Milia Super 1J's. You just can't buy them at a reasonable price anymore. The Max seems to be going for near Low Vis v1 prices on ebay these days.

I wouldn't mind a redesigned, yet more affordable 1/60 VF-1 w/perfect transformation and minimal diecast. Perhaps somethings could be simplified, like the regular missles being molded as 1 cluster of 3 rather than being molded individually and attached to a pylon.

That's how they are on the previous releases in 1/60 scale.

Get the crooked skull on the tailfin right for all future releases. My Kakizaki have the dreaded crooked skull again. You would have thought Yamato would not have this issue anymore with their multiple releases of the VF-1 line.

Edited by Valk-1S

My Max and Kakizaki BOTH have crooked skulls.

Boo-urns Yamato. BOO-URNS.

I was considering buying the re-issue -1A Max, but the crooked skull thing was in the back of my mind. Sure, I can (and have) fixed crooked skulls, but the point is I shouldn't have to. My original issue Max and low-visibility have straight skulls -- why can't the new releases have them, too? :(

Wanted Releases

- 1/48 VF-1S Maximilian Jenius

- 1/48 VF-1A Maximilian Jenius

- 1/48 VF-1A Hayao Kakizaki

- Development of two seater 1/48 VF-1s

- 1/48 VF-4G

- TV and DYRL? SDF-1

- Destroids

- More Enemy Mecha

- Complete Zero line of toys

- Complete M+ Line of toys

- Complete VF-X2 (VF-17 for me and Graham ;))

- Acquisition of licence and development of toys for M3 and M7 using existing toys (like the YF-19) as a research base

finally! another person agrees!! We need a VF-4 dammit!

would love the following done

1) 1/60 VF-17 D/S

2) 1/60 VF-4G

3) 1/60 VF-22S/J

4) 1/60 SV-51

5) 1/60 VF-0D

6) 1/2500 SDF-1 (TV/DYRL)

7) 1/60 VF-11B

8) 1/60 YF-21

lastly, limited variants of 1/60 VF-1S/J with perfect transformation so that it would blend in with the 1/60 line

Cheers

Edited by recon