Super-low Viz Woodland Baby!

agr33

i think the color you chose for the fastpack is cool, butwhen i see the missle pods, i feel the color should match one another. i second agent ghq on that. nice work. two thumbs up, kyatsu :D

Pretty sick! It may even be better if the Super Fast pack color matches the missile pods. But that's just me though.

416733[/snapback]

That is freaking awsome, never saw WL FP coming but it looks hot!!! :o

As for purpose of FP in space, well, it is a big space out there...may be there are planets with little gravity but has abundance of green?? :D

i like that but one thing though, what's the purpose to do the fps when fps are supposed to be for space use, and..the woodlands' for jungle?

416811[/snapback]

damn, you beat me to it though i was going to do it in a light tan.

anyway, it looks awesome, can't wait to see the battroid pics.

as far as why the FP's for a camo valk....

how about just for fun. :D it doesn't have to make sense or be canon for it to be cool.

The trees in space must have been genetically modified by the pc to withstand that environment. heh

Good custom. A fast packed camo valk would look good near a monster and some destroids with a ground mecha theme. (forget fighter modes with FP w camo though) This is why I hope the toynami 1/100 line has some destroids with it to go with the 1/100 koenig monster. And also that they keep them cheap so I can custom a few of the valks to have green paintschemes like the banpresto.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

yeah, i have to admit that at first the new low-viz didn't really appeal to me at all. but once i got it i thought it would be really great to do a custom. also this custom is still not done :D I bought the stickers from Taka toys and I plan to go with the shark mouth on the nose cone on this one. As one MW'er put it"a Vietnam era F-4 Phatom".

just as soon as i get the stickers i'll apply them and take some pics of the finished custom. :D

yeah, i have to admit that at first the new low-viz didn't really appeal to me at all. but once i got it i thought it would be really great to do a custom. also this custom is still not done :D  I bought the stickers from Taka toys and I plan to go with the shark mouth on the nose cone on this one. As one MW'er put it"a Vietnam era F-4 Phatom".

just as soon as i get the stickers i'll apply them and take some pics of the finished custom. :D

417358[/snapback]

Looking forward to seeing them! It's still a spiffy custom nonetheless.

Trees as we know them...

Very nice job on the Fp's

Although I am not a fan of the woods LV it does have a sort of gritty grunt look. I thought MC!!SemperFi!!

Looks great! Don't worry about the fact that trees don't grow in space and that a low-gravity planets can't support an atmosphere to sustain life.

In space, no one can hear MWers rant about technical inconsistencies... ;)

416851[/snapback]

Edited by orguss01

Yea I had an idea of doing an FP for the LV2 even though my friends thought itd be stupid cause of the tree's in space stuff. But I think it's an cool diea, and I like the Olive Drab you use for the Fast Packs. Did an great job actually, it works so well for it. However when/if I do my idea I am actually going to appluy an simmilar Woodland style camo the the Fasy Packs themseleves. I have done some F-4's, F-105's and F-111's in Vietnam colors so I am semi use to doing that type of camo with air brush.

And hey if people batty about tree's in space you can say that theres some kind of green and yellow nebula that your valk protects. And therefor its camo'd for that. :p

Edited by AC Starscream

And hey if people batty about tree's in space you can say that theres some kind of green and yellow nebula that your valk protects. And therefor its camo'd for that.   :p

417617[/snapback]

I never thought of this. I'm not sure how camoflage would look in the different lighting environments encountered off the planet Earth. Such a paint scheme might be visually confusing to the enemy in certain off-Earth environments. This visual confusion idea was behind the Ferris schemes tested on conventional fighter planes (I'll let Macrossworld's own fighter plane expert, David Hingtgen, elaborate on this point).

Also, in the Macross reality, I'm sure Valkyries (and pilots) were spread pretty thin, so available equipment and people were probably deployed pretty quickly where needed -- no time to do an unnecessary repaint for space combat, especially since this is a "cannon fodder" VF-1A that probably won't make it back. ;)

Edited by Wicked Ace

I think it looks pretty sweet, regardless of any impracticality.

On that note, is there any hard and fast rule that states that FAST Packs are strictly for use in space? I imagine the added weight and loss of aerodynamics could hinder maneuverability within the atmosphere, but wouldn't they still give a valk some extra thrust? After all, the VF-0 had leg packs along with a Ghost mounted on top and it did just fine, so it makes sense to me that FAST Packs could be used in atmo without any major difficulty. Of course, that's all based off a cartoon; not real science. It's been quite some time since I had any book-learnin' about physics and such, so I could just be talking out my a$$ and making myself sound like a complete idiot.

But I have no problem with that either. LOL!

Okay, you're right. I did forget the Ghost had wings for extra lift, but I still think all the extra boosters on the FAST Packs on a VF-1 would provide sufficient thrust to make up for the added weight and aerodynamic loss.

Also, due to the difference in size, a VF-1 with FAST Packs weighs only a few thousand kgs more than a VF-0 without any add-ons. I was unable to find any weight specs on the Ghost, so I have no clue how much more that would add to the VF-0. But it seems to me that if a big, heavy bird like a VF-0 with a Ghost can perform just fine within the atmosphere, the smaller (and most-likely lighter) VF-1 with FAST Packs would do just as well. And if that doesn't sell you, I'll simply steal a quote from Jamie on MythBusters - "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

Anyway, I still think the LV2 looks damn cool with those olive drab FAST Packs. Can't wait to see the finished product.