Sdcc 2006 Toynami Exclusive Valk

xstoys

it's damn fugly as heck.

Did you see the Yamato 1/60 in those pics??? Now that sir, is FUGLY. I mean, compare the heads of the two. Maybe the head isn't perfect on the 1/100 but it's oh.... ONE BILLION times better than on the wittle Yammy.

The proportions are a bit chunky, I think we need some close ups of just the toy though. The first joint in the arms below the shoulders does look a little funky.

Another problem for me on the new 1/100s is the fact that the neck is too tall and it makes the battroid look a little silly - like a "stork-valk." No valk is truly perfect, but I would think that they could fix that issue. You can see this problem best in the pics that Bobe-patt pasted earlier in this thread.

Otherwise, for $20 a valk, it's not too bad.

Edited by valkyrie312

For cheap banpresto replacements they look ok to me. I'll probably end up getting a few.

Now this is what they should have made from the beginning.

414626[/snapback]

Their pretty good for the price. I didn't have the hikaru 1s so now i have one. I didn't want to get a 1/48 of it. Can't afford it at the moment. It is in scale with the gundams and the monster^__-

Haven't been paying much attention, so are these 1/100 toys actually in stores now or what?

Graham

414641[/snapback]

THe Hikaru one is out@Anime conventions and is an SDCC exclusive for later this month.

The 1st wave(Roy, Hikaru, Max) are set for mid-late summer, so I would think at least buy august if not the end of this month.

And I totally forgot these were in scale with the HG/MG Gundams!

The only reason I think people think these are glorified banprestos is because of the size. Really to me, they look like transformable superposeables. Totally different from the banprestos, I've seen the banprestos up close and man are they scrawny!

Can anyone that has one of these tell me if they look like they can be taken apart somewhat easily?

The reason I'm asking is that I doubt my chances of getting and exclusive Hikaru 1s for a decent price are pretty slim.

So, if I can get a Roy 1S and Hikaru 1A, combine them and still have a spare for some type of customizing, that might end up being the better deal.

If it looks easy to do that is.

Can anyone that has one of these tell me if they look like they can be taken apart somewhat easily?

The reason I'm asking is that I doubt my chances of getting and exclusive Hikaru 1s for a decent price are pretty slim.

So, if I can get a Roy 1S and  Hikaru 1A, combine them and still have a spare for some type of customizing, that might end up being the better deal.

414666[/snapback]

The heatshields and canopies are swappable, and I believe the numbers are stickers. So most of your problem is solved. Now if the head is on a ball joint, its just a matter of popping it off and swapping!

So, if I can get a Roy 1S and  Hikaru 1A, combine them and still have a spare for some type of customizing, that might end up being the better deal.

414666[/snapback]

The heatshields and canopies are swappable, and I believe the numbers are stickers. So most of your problem is solved. Now if the head is on a ball joint, its just a matter of popping it off and swapping!

414667[/snapback]

the head is very tight. i think you would need to open the toy more to change it.

I can't wait for these to start hitting. I could never afford to build a fleet of Valks before, now I can. And from all of the photos I've seen, these look a lot better than the Yammie 1/60's, which I never really liked the proportions (or wonky transformation) of.

Did you see the Yamato 1/60 in those pics???  Now that sir, is FUGLY.  I mean, compare the heads of the two.  Maybe the head isn't perfect on the 1/100 but it's oh.... ONE BILLION times better than on the wittle Yammy. 

414597[/snapback]

The Yamato 1/60 scale VF-1S head is an accurate DYRL rendition. :)

post-1617-1152507574_thumb.jpg

414666[/snapback]

414667[/snapback]

the head is very tight. i think you would need to open the toy more to change it.

414774[/snapback]

If the plastic is PVC, perhaps sticking the head into boiling water might help?(usually softens it up, people do this with marvel legends to make customs)_

The Banpresto VF-1S's still have a better looking head than these squishy-headed 1/100's. It's more accurate, and makes me wonder why Banpresto could get it right at that scale, but Yamato couldn't get it right at 1/60. IIRC, even the Takatoku 1/100 VF-1S had a head that was very accurate, but they couldn't get it right for the 1/55 versions.

The Banpresto VF-1S's still have a better looking head than these squishy-headed 1/100's. It's more accurate, and makes me wonder why Banpresto could get it right at that scale, but Yamato couldn't get it right at 1/60. IIRC, even the Takatoku 1/100 VF-1S had a head that was very accurate, but they couldn't get it right for the 1/55 versions.

414812[/snapback]

It's all compromise work to make it look better in one mode or the other. The 1S head sculpt on the Yammie 1/60s was obviously compromised to make it look better in fighter mode (so it doesn't hang down too low), hence the small, 'squashed' look. No real mystery there. Can't explain the 1/55 though, which is sized right for battroid, but is way off in terms of the contours.

The head sculpt is fugly. For each. I hate that Tommy Yune Art as well. If I had the money I would ask for all the boxes that people don't want and burn them in a huge pyre in front of HG.

The figures themselves are quite good though. Not too bad. Especially for the price.

Anybody want to take a pic of one next to the Konig Monster?

Graham

414576[/snapback]

here you go.

414583[/snapback]

Thanks for the pics - cool!

:)

414974[/snapback]

anytime. here are two funny poses i thought to try on it.

415144[/snapback]

Any pics with fighter mode loaded with all the missles?

415154[/snapback]

i can do that. give me a few. you want the typical arrangement?

Anybody want to take a pic of one next to the Konig Monster?

Graham

414576[/snapback]

here you go.

414583[/snapback]

Thanks for the pics - cool!

:)

414974[/snapback]

anytime. here are two funny poses i thought to try on it.

415144[/snapback]

Any pics with fighter mode loaded with all the missles?

415154[/snapback]

i can do that. give me a few. you want the typical arrangement?

415160[/snapback]

yes that would be cool! Thanks in advance!

looking at the pic with the valk crossing its legs, it looks like the leg design is similar to the little K&M figures.

i can't find the pics of the K&M figures....whats the name of that site that has scans of every macross toy known to man? its not linked anywhere on the site and i'm pretty sure i saw them on there?

looking at the pic with the valk crossing its legs, it looks like the leg design is similar to the little K&M figures. 

i can't find the pics of the K&M figures....whats the name of that site that has scans of every macross toy known to man?  its not linked anywhere on the site and i'm pretty sure i saw them on there?

415243[/snapback]

The way I see it its, based on the MPC leg, just ball jointed. I think you are referring to valkyrie-factory, unfortunately last time I checked its gone. man I miss that and jawjaw's site!! Ah the good ol days

Apparently, some guy asked George Sohn at Anime Expo about this line, and Mr. Sohn supposedly said there will be a Super Ostrich and Elintseeker.

http://robotjapan.proboards12.com/index.cg...read=1152453668

415413[/snapback]

Wow. AWESOME! Hey if we get obscure valks like that then we must have a chance to ger a TV MAx type VF-1A and angel birds! HELL YEA! And smack me a VF-1D too!

Concentrating on these 1/100 toys? And these are the guys that want to do all the Macross toys? Gee, I'm so torn between HG's Toynami line and Big West's Yamato... We could be getting some cheap overpriced small plastic parts compared to huge well engineered quality toys. Big West should make the deal now!

i can't find the pics of the K&M figures....whats the name of that site that has scans of every macross toy known to man?  its not linked anywhere on the site and i'm pretty sure i saw them on there?

415243[/snapback]

The way I see it its, based on the MPC leg, just ball jointed. I think you are referring to valkyrie-factory, unfortunately last time I checked its gone. man I miss that and jawjaw's site!! Ah the good ol days

415337[/snapback]

gone? thats why you gotta right click any resources you find, one day its there, next day its gone. :( i'm sure someone here saved those images, hopefully they'll see this post and pass them along to graham or one of the mods to add to the homepage.

Apparently, some guy asked George Sohn at Anime Expo about this line, and Mr. Sohn supposedly said there will be a Super Ostrich and Elintseeker.

415413[/snapback]

some guy... haha... those two dorks were Solscud and BobePat. I wonder how long it'll be before they say that the line wsn't successful enought to warrant 26 variations.

415413[/snapback]

some guy... haha... those two dorks were Solscud and BobePat. I wonder how long it'll be before they say that the line wsn't successful enought to warrant 26 variations.

415467[/snapback]

probably after they showcase prototypes at numerous comic cons over a 12 month period. :lol:

415413[/snapback]

415467[/snapback]

Being that for the price of 1 MPC you can get 4 of these, I think they might be able to pull off 26 variations.

The thing I keep wondering though is if it is 26 different VF-1's or 26 toys including, but not limited to the VF-1 in the 20$ series. I hope for the latter. We need some qraus, and all. BTW I did suggest an alpha and connectable transformable beta for this line, so hopefully they take that into consideration since George Sohn said the MPC BETA probably won't come out.

With the MPC all of us thought the MSRP should have been cheaper. With this line though, the price is just right.