fart poo Hell Ass God-damn Motherfarter!!!

Why do we have the stupid word replacement thing? Are we really worried about little kids interested in a 20-year old anime seeing the word "sh!t"? It's anoying and it screws up the occasional link to F*cked Gaijin. Let us swear again and we can live like kings! Damn hell ass kings!

I don't really want the filter removed for the express purpose of rampant cursing, but I am more than a little tired of having to edit my posts because of the odd expletive that turns into some ridiculous remark best left to a Pokemon message board.

I understand the reasoning behind the filter, but I don't think it's approriate for a board like Macross World. Our members are mostly older and the board would better represent the community without these family-friendly policies. To be blunt, I find the current censor system more than a little patronizing.

Maybe you're not old enough to remember Poo. LOL

I been here too long.

Does cussing really matter that much to you? Its such a minor thing. Maybe you should just try to phrase things a little differently?

402322[/snapback]

Generally not no. In actuality I don't cuss very often at all unless I feel it's warranted. That's what annoys me, I'm not going to cuss unless I really mean it and it kind of kills the meaning of what I'm trying to say to auto-edit out. Plus as Mr March said it's patronizing. We're all adults here we can handle people flinging poo.

(Besides Max I've been here almost as long as you have) :ph34r:

Yeah, I wish I could swear in my messages as I would only use it to be funny since my close friends I hang out with know I like to cuss to be funny since I have a comedic personality. :rolleyes::lol: Sure Nied, it would be good to have the cussing feature restored even though I didn't know you guys allowed it 2 years ago but you gotta think about the users that might abuse this hypothetically alllowed priveledge where everybody will swear their fingers off with insults. Hell even better, I think it would be good to allow SOME vulgar text to be used in messages as I only say vulgar thingsjust to be funny, I really don't mean those nasty things I say. ;)B))

P.S I think you should ban racial slurs from being used on this message board.

Edited by Phalanx

*insert pile of racial slurs here*

I don't really care. I rarely swear very much, and I can usually find a way to get the sentiment across intact. It's a mild nuisance, and that's only because I can't remember what words are filtered.

I personally love it. It's comedy gold every time I get to read a post full of "poo"s and "farts". If I had my drothers I'd make the replaced words even more crazy like Llama, Gearshift Foxtrot Blowfish.

Seriously though, people know you are cussing... most of the time it's funnier when you hear the bleep rather than the actual word.

I personally love it. It's comedy gold every time I get to read a post full of "poo"s and "farts". If I had my drothers I'd make the replaced words even more crazy like Llama, Gearshift Foxtrot Blowfish.

Seriously though, people know you are cussing... most of the time it's funnier when you hear the bleep rather than the actual word.

402393[/snapback]

Yeah, when you think about, the bleep sounds used to censor out profanity does make them sound funnier. On a personal note, when I watch the Maury show, I laugh when I hear the guests have their profanity censored out, especially when you hear them use consecutive cuss words like mother fugging dope ass son of a vitch censored out for 5 seconds or more. :lol:

I should start using more hilarious insults like gearbox, peniswrinkle, or chicken fugger

402393[/snapback]

Actually I'd like that better than what we have. Poo and fart just sound so childish.

As Ron Moore said... "Frak" is as close as we can get to having the F-word on TV (or in this case, a forum.

I don't know about you, but I find myself cussing less and less these days.

Longs its not used extremely that a salor would blush I think it would be ok for occasional profanity.

402393[/snapback]

Yeah, when you think about, the bleep sounds used to censor out profanity does make them sound funnier. On a personal note, when I watch the Maury show, I laugh when I hear the guests have their profanity censored out, especially when you hear them use consecutive cuss words like mother fugging dope ass son of a vitch censored out for 5 seconds or more. :lol:

I should start using more hilarious insults like gearbox, peniswrinkle, or chicken fugger

402397[/snapback]

Yah if you watch the jimmy kimbal show's unnessarry censorship, its pretty funny how your mind thinks something differnt.

Edited by Zentrandude

Maybe you\'re not old enough to remember Poo. LOL

I been here too long.

Does cussing really matter that much to you? Its such a minor thing. Maybe you should just try to phrase things a little differently?

402322[/snapback]

Generally not no. In actuality I don\'t cuss very often at all unless I feel it\'s warranted. That\'s what annoys me, I\'m not going to cuss unless I really mean it and it kind of kills the meaning of what I\'m trying to say to auto-edit out. Plus as Mr March said it\'s patronizing. We\'re all adults here we can handle people flinging poo.

(Besides Max I\'ve been here almost as long as you have) :ph34r:

402326[/snapback]

Since most of us are adults here, why cuss?

Isn\'t the point of being an adult also being of sound knowledge and wisdom. If anger or dissapointment is what your trying to conveey by in any conversation, be it verbal or written, then I am sure you can find a mature and comprehensive method of soing so. Cussing is just a lazy form that displays a limited and stunted method of written and verbal communication.

If we only need it for the purposes of being funny, then stick to the bleeps and pseudo-words. Like Zentradude\'s comment about how the mind works, with reference to the Jimmy Kimmel Show and the Unecessary Censorship skits, it\'s pretty funny how the mind works and thinks.

Remember, we want to remain friendly to all guests and members. Cussing will only ensue an onslaught of slack-jawed yahoos abusing the priveledge just because it\'s allowed.

Really we never modded someone for an occasional bad word. Just if it was excessive or vulgar (which doesn't always require a swear word to accomplish).

I did for fun remove the filter for Mods (Vice and up I think) months ago.

To prove it:

No crap I can swear but you bitches can't!

No poo I can swear but you bitches can't!

402578[/snapback]

Well you're no fun :p:p

Edited by Phalanx

Really we never modded someone for an occasional bad word.  Just if it was excessive or vulgar (which doesn't always require a swear word to accomplish).

To prove it:

402578[/snapback]

Motherfarting double standards!

:)

Edited by JB0

Really we never modded someone for an occasional bad word.  Just if it was excessive or vulgar (which doesn't always require a swear word to accomplish).

To prove it:

402578[/snapback]

Lucky Bastard!

:D

It's anoying and it screws up the occasional link to  " F*cked Gaijin". 

402285[/snapback]

My dates have been secretly recording us and broadcasting it on the net?

Well, the jig is up....Now all you frakking bitches better start paying to watch me and my girls all the time. :lol:

Edited by Gaijin

402578[/snapback]

To that I say:

Flipnut Socketwrench Dogleg Sousaphone and Foxtrot Sphincter Blowfish.

Edit: Cool, we can't even quote harsh language! :lol:

402599[/snapback]

:o [Monty Python]YOU BAAAASTARD. YOU VICIOUS HEARTLESS BASTARDS.[/Monty Python]

:lol::lol::lol: Roy you are evil!

I can't believe that you can actually do that!!!!

Edited by kensei

I find that I don't really need to curse on the forum. I curse enough in real life as it is just because I can around my house and because it amuses me.

Besides it's more fun to come up with replacement stuff that makes people stop and look at you funny. lol