New Pics Of Low Vis Version 2

wolfx

How obtuse can a person get???  Seriously, get off your self-assigned high horse and quit the insufferably pedantic diatribe... it does us both a disservice.  Besides, who named you the official Macross KNOW-IT-ALL?  Opinions vary, deal with it!

This is not a question of who is right or wrong regarding artwork and its relation to what is seen in the anime.  This is about Yamato's choice in which forearms go where within their own line of VFs.  All DYRL? 1/48 VFs have the closed elbow extension, and all officially designated TV Valkyries (1Js all) have the open end.  The CF is not labeled as a TV VF-1A, it's named a Mass Production type so it falls in between the two extremes insofar as the toys are concerned: it uses the forearms previously utilized on their DYRL? offerings, but it also has the TV pilot and sticker sheet, as well as the fat hands... it's an amalgam, a chimera; and it is the only one that really has this inconsistency as all the non-canon Valkyries don't count.

Haterist explained it more effectively and succinctly than I did, so if you want to know where my opinion lies, refer to his post.  As far as I'm concerned, calcified opinions are almost impossible to overcome, so I leave you with your bias and I'll stick with mine.

406637[/snapback]

SORRY MAN, JUST MAKE IT SIMPLE and don't angry, I simply state that there are nothing what so call TV & DYRL ARMS that you can identify by anything else, if yes, please answer the question and don't make yourself angry.

If you know the "[]" shape in the yamato 's is different to the original design, then how come why it will become a DYRL SPECIFY DISIGN that a TV valk's can't apply on?

You asked why the CF'S uses the forearms previously utilized on their DYRL? the answer is very simple,this is because you can't find a black stripe on the forearms in the mecha design line-art .

again in final, I only want to say ,there have no TV & DYRL forearms. If you have it, just go on, don't disturb you, just please, don't tell me what the "flaw of logic". :)

Edited by Hayao Kakizaki

SORRY MAN, JUST MAKE IT SIMPLE and don't angry, I simply state that there are nothing what so call TV & DYRL ARMS that you can identify by anything else, if yes, please answer the question and don't make yourself angry.

If you know the "[]" shape in the yamato 's is different to the original design, then how come why it will become a DYRL SPECIFY DISIGN that a TV valk's can't apply on?

You asked why the CF'S  uses the forearms previously utilized on their DYRL? the answer is very simple,this is because you can't find a black stripe on the forearms in the mecha design line-art .

again in final, I only want to say ,there have no TV & DYRL forearms. If you have it, just go on, don't disturb you, just please, don't tell me what the "flaw of logic".  :)

406647[/snapback]

Like I said, obtuse in the extreme. :rolleyes:

And judging by the following quote:

SORRY, i think this "answer" is proof by the question itself, just a cycle loope, just like someone

cliamed " WHY WHAT I SAID IS THE TRUTH BECAUSE I SAID EVERYTHING I SAID IS A TRUTH AT THE BEGINING~! ".

I wasn't the one displaying anger. But I do admit to justified frustration.

before you guys get more worked up, read this quote...

dudes.... we are all frickin' nerds. we're gettin' all hot and bothered about a cartoon made 25 years ago!

that being said, who really cares about which arm is which? the outcome isn't going to kill either of you is it. :p

heres a dilema for you guys...

people say they want a TV roy, that its different from the DYRL roy, but AFAIK, the only thing thats different are the color of the feet and intake covers, yet people want a set of "TV/1J arms" to complete it. now keeping that in mind, i can't remember one time in the macross TV series where the 1S roy had TV/1J style arms.

go ponder that one! :lol:

Wow! That looks great. It reminds me for the F-4 Phantoms with the south east asia paint schemes of the early 70's.

406193[/snapback]

IS IT?

IMG_4532.jpg

f4.jpg

:lol:

406312[/snapback]

Thats it! I was not going to get this Valk until you did the custom.

:blink: I also put an order in for a 1/48 Hasegawa Weapons Set for the F-4 so I can have some ground support wing stores.

If we didn't complain this wouldn't be Macrossworld :lol:

Here is another good one haterist:

There can't be a correct Yamato TV CF because there is NOT an accurately TV sculpted HEAD :)

If I go deeper and explore my nerdiness, there shouldn't be DYRL? valks at all because DYRL? is a film depicting what happened during SW1 among the Macross universe. DYRL? is a fictional movie within the Macross universe.

I remember a thread were we were discussing why Max was piloting a VF-1S before Hikaru and why he was Skull leader. Max never piloted a VF-1S during SW1, only a VF-1A and a VF-1J and he wasn't skull leader either.

I am not trying to reply to any post.

I just I enjoy how we lose perspective during heated debates :lol:

You know, looking at those pictures does make the LVII look rather nice; however, it also makes me wish that it had been made out of a, as yet non-existing and perhaps hever to be made, VF-1D dammit.

Sigh... 1/48 VF-1D...wub.gif

You know, looking at those pictures does make the LVII look rather nice; however, it also makes me wish that it had been made out of a, as yet non-existing and perhaps hever to be made, VF-1D dammit.

Sigh... 1/48 VF-1D...wub.gif

406676[/snapback]

Yeah, a factory 1/48 VF-1D would be really nice :(

before you guys get more worked up, read this quote...
dudes.... we are all frickin' nerds. we're gettin' all hot and bothered about a cartoon made 25 years ago!

that being said, who really cares about which arm is which? the outcome isn't going to kill either of you is it. :p

heres a dilema for you guys...

people say they want a TV roy, that its different from the DYRL roy, but AFAIK, the only thing thats different are the color of the feet and intake covers, yet people want a set of "TV/1J arms" to complete it. now keeping that in mind, i can't remember one time in the macross TV series where the 1S roy had TV/1J style arms.

go ponder that one! :lol:

406663[/snapback]

I wanted a TV Roy 1S because instead of the regular off-white, IIRC it was a more of a gray.

Perhaps it just needed a washing :lol:

don't fret dudes, according to graham, we have YEARS of macross goodness ahead of us. :D

the VF-1's design is spent AFAIC, but if they follow suit with the 1/60 releases, i'm sure the 1D will be made and i'm positive sales will be through the roof! people will more than likely buy multiples being its a 2 seater valk(like a real plane)and lets not forget all the cool customs people want to make.

one thing that does concern me is that it'll be hard for them to milk the D molds to make it worth their while, but they might release other non-canon 2 seater varients which would be okay in my book. B))

Figure if they do make the VF-1D they have several color schemes they can go with:

VT-102

Virgin Road

Cannon Fodder

VEFR-1 (basically an early version of the VE-1 made from a VF-1D)

Plus a whole lot of unofficial schemes.

I know I would buy a VF-1D to put next to my customized VF-1D just for comparison, especially a virgin road of VEFR-1.

Edited by Knight26

Like I said, obtuse in the extreme. :rolleyes:

And judging by the following quote:

SORRY, i think this "answer" is proof by the question itself, just a cycle loope, just like someone

cliamed " WHY WHAT I SAID IS THE TRUTH BECAUSE I SAID EVERYTHING I SAID IS A TRUTH AT THE BEGINING~! ".

I wasn't the one displaying anger. But I do admit to justified frustration.

406656[/snapback]

hey men, "obtuse" not suitable for me , but talking with guy like you make me feel talking with a

paranoia. :rolleyes:

What feeling you have didn't need to tell anyone, paranoia always feel frustration and anger also, but that's no meaning to anyone. :p

Let's take haterist's advice and drop this inanity before we thoroughly derail this thread and end up getting it locked. Like I said before, you're entitled to your point of view and I'm entitled to mine... jut let it go at that.

Besides, I really don't feel like breaking out my decoder ring in order to decipher that reply.

FYI: trying to veil your snide remarks through the use of smilies is rather lame and childish.

but AFAIK, the only thing thats different are the color of the feet and intake covers,

But don't the tv series versions not have a stripe on thier side of the arms that goes vertically? Very small difference but to a fan it is noticable. And who knows? It may even give a good excuse for yamato to actually try to release a fixed "closer to tv version" of the tv skull leader. Complete with fat hands, grey flightsuit instead of a space suit etc

As I said I personally don't mind that the CF is trying to be two things at once but I can see why people would want to point it out. Sort of like how there are still fans hoping for a tv Qrau because they simply like a green one.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Sort of like how there are still fans hoping for a tv Qrau because they simply like a green one.

Oh no you did not! The TV Q-Rau has several other differences besides the green paint.

Wait, is that your point?

What the hell happened to this thread. You kids drop this TV vs DYRL talk right now. You're giving me a headache and you're all WRONG. Why are you all wrong? Because I decree it so. Turns out, the only difference between DYRL valks and TV valks is whatever I tell you they are... and I'm not consistent so good luck.

How do you know you like Macross toys too much?

A) You have an entire room dedicated to them

B) You have heated arguments with others about their forearms

C) You know the differences between TV Q-Rau and DYRL Q-Rau besides color

D) You've scored a "deal" on a toy that cost over $200

E) Even when English is your second language you're still willing to engage in verbal brawls over what is and isn't canon toy design in English.

F) ANY OR ALL OF THE ABOVE

This rant is completely non-sensical ignore it.

So, how 'bout that Wood Land Valk eh? Don't you think the matching GBP is kinda silly since it will just cover the camo?

So, how 'bout that Wood Land Valk eh?  Don't you think the matching GBP is kinda silly since it will just cover the camo?

Actually, while I am not a fan of the actual LV2 valkyrie, I find the LV GBP armour intriguing .... am debating whether to get it, or the original GBP armour.

:)

just for yamato to make more money and for you consumer to buy? kyatsu ;)
silly?  that's without a doubt..why come out with Ver2 GBP to cover the Low Vis 2 anyways?

406798[/snapback]

406804[/snapback]

Dead on mate!! Yamato wants our ALL our money .....

:lol:

Let's take haterist's advice and drop this inanity before we thoroughly derail this thread and end up getting it locked.  Like I said before, you're entitled to your point of view and I'm entitled to mine... jut let it go at that.

Besides, I really don't feel like breaking out my decoder ring in order to decipher that reply.

FYI: trying to veil your snide remarks through the use of smilies is rather lame and childish.

406729[/snapback]

That's not a problem what wording you used,but hope you can understand what I'm taking about and forget all the emotional wording.

As I think, you denominate the "forearms" as a "DYRL forearms" is illogical.

Since we took the yamato's 1A or 1S "forearms" compare with the original design line art,

the point of the different is exactly the same between TV & DYRL , it was because the forearms design are radically the same between the two.

Therefore, we can't named that "TV" or " Dyrl".

Maybe let us forget the CF -1A first. Let say if someone put that forearms on his custom TV VF-1S, can we say this VF-1S is using DYRL 's forearms ? I think we can't, since there is a common different, this forearms must can't be specified between the two.

That's whyIcan't agree that took the forearms as a reference point to talk with , but the head.

P.S.

if any words I used in my previous post make you feel uncomfortable, I'm sorry for that.

Like some guy said, english not my first language, maybe that's the point make we misunderstanding each others, but sorry that since there just can use single language to talk with. If we can own a real-time Zentradi language translater, we must talking in a peaceful atmosphere. ;)

LOS from Lost and Found Toys is awesome! I would recommend them to anyone. I ordered my Super Stealth from them and it arrived quickly and in great shape. Check 'em out!

(Plus, they are from Texas, which goes a long way with me.) ;)

I too, have also ordered from LOS of Lost and Found toys. He's a new seller and he's great. Great service, prompt feedback and very reliable. I've ordered from him several times - never had a problem. Highly recommended.

:D

In fact, his site is currently offering a 5% discount code until Tuesday June 13 midnight.

Is this a case of new Valk love?

I am in a holding pattern without further clearance on the arrival of the Low Viz 2. Hope by next week.

Hayao Kakizaki's custom is what pushed me over the edge. I think VF-Experimental markings would look great.

got mine from Neova the yesterday and i must say, its totally friggin awesome!  the orignal LV can move over cause this is my new favorite valk!  hopefully i'll be able to pick up some more soon.

407539[/snapback]