Aliens Vs. Predator 2 Script and Movie Review

Apparently there's only one pred. So when he dies... ummm movie over I guess.

Really? only one? Is it gunna start off with a few? i'd assume so - or maybe they all (bar 1) cark it when the ship crash lands? I'd still like to see a hunting 'party' in action, working co-op.

BTW that pred-whip looks cool!

Really? only one? Is it gunna start off with a few? i'd assume so - or maybe they all (bar 1) cark it when the ship crash lands? I'd still like to see a hunting 'party' in action, working co-op.

BTW that pred-whip looks cool!

That's what I heard/read. But I'm with you. I want to see a hunting party taking out the aliens rather than seeing the Rambo of Preds in action.

I want to see a hunting party taking out the aliens rather than seeing the Rambo of Preds in action.

As much as I loathe the AvP movies, the lone "Rambo" Predator is actually truer to the original movies than Paul Anderson's big Predator Antarctic slumber party was.

Is the movie set in modern day, or in the future? Plot: I got the impression the people were in a hunting party in the woods, stumble onto the aliens being hunted by predators, then somehow the military gets involved and seals off a town/city to try and contain/capture the aliens/predators???

from the looks of it this movie will have some good scenes of r rated violence and gore. while probably not as good as aliens (i put that on a pedestal), i see it as good as or better than predator 1 and 2. i think i saw another predator get impaled in the chest unless that is the same predator.

I love and hate trailers. Love because the trailers either make me want to see the movie, or avoid it like the plague. Hate, because if I want to see the movie, they usually show so many important scenes that you wait to see them in the movie. Kind of spoiler-ish.

I'm waiting for another trailer, and some reviews. Maybe this will turn out like transformers, and be not-that-bad after all.

Trailer Guy voice:

"Meet Bob, your typical intergalactic hunting goods delivery boy. This Predator though he had the perfect job until… *disc scratch noise*… he discovered that delivering Aliens isn't all it's cracked up to be!"

"Now, trapped in the middle of a backwater world, Bob has to recapture these zany critters while evading the local wildlife in this hilarious race against time... and gravity!". *bomb falls*

Trailer Guy voice:

"Meet Bob, your typical intergalactic hunting goods delivery boy. This Predator though he had the perfect job until… *disc scratch noise*… he discovered that delivering Aliens isn't all it's cracked up to be!"

"Now, trapped in the middle of a backwater world, Bob has to recapture these zany critters while evading the local wildlife in this hilarious race against time... and gravity!". *bomb falls*

LOL! I can just imagine that! HAhahahahahaaa!!!

Trailer Guy voice:

"Rob Schneider / Adam Sandler is; The Predator"

*Trailer then proceeds to play Avril Lavine's "Girlfriend" or some other craptacular pop crap*

Classic.

*disc scratch noise again*

Predator #1 to Predator #2;

"Hey dude, thats not a bong... thats for my schlong!"

I hate being toyed with and that's exactly what the creators are trying to do with me by making this sequel. Alien vs. Predator was an awful film and a big disappointment to Alien/Aliens and Predator fans. It was given a PG rating to cater to the lowest common denominator so it could be shown to all the underage movie goers. But as luck would have it, the story, the casting and characters (plus a surprising lack of actual Aliens fighting Predators) were all horrible aspects that made it a terrible film. In my own defense, I'm glad I didn't pay to see it.

Now they want to make a film that the first one should have been, for all the wrong reasons. Not enough gore? R rating, aren't we great?! Not enough Alien Versus Predator action? Now it's packed with it, just look at the gore in our new trailer!

And by all accounts, the story, the casting and the characters are once again given the shaft. Just like the first film, the only thing these AVP movies have in common with their far superior originals is the Alien and the Predator. Watching this trailer, one could just as easily put Freddy and Jason in their place (irony intentional) and nothing would be changed, especially with that ridiculous teenage cast.

Pass.

Looks like they dumped the bulky rubber suits they had on the Predators last time. This guy is much more lithe and agile. Looks entertaining at least. Plus we'll get a whole new round of merchandising from the various figure companies.

Edited by glane21

How can any of you NOT have paid money to see the 1st AVP in theaters? Holy crap man. Even though it pretty much sucked, I still was all over that on opening day. I don't have THAT much pride. As a human being, I still have hope that a movie can be good. I WILL be paying money - again - to see one or more Predators take out some Aliens on the big screen whether it sucks or not. I'm sorry, but I wouldn't be gloating over not going to see the 1st one, especially if you are a fan of either movie series. I haven't even seen the trailer for the new AVP because it doesn't matter; as soon as I found out this movie was being made I'd already made my decision to see it. Besides, I've had fast food worse than AVP1 that cost me more money too.

How can any of you NOT have paid money to see the 1st AVP in theaters? Holy crap man. Even though it pretty much sucked, I still was all over that on opening day....I WILL be paying money - again - to see one or more Predators take out some Aliens on the big screen whether it sucks or not...I haven't even seen the trailer for the new AVP because it doesn't matter; as soon as I found out this movie was being made I'd already made my decision to see it...

So, these are the people they are making these trashy movies for then...

Edited by Phyrox

Of the 170 films I watched last year, I didn't pay for over 50 of them. When one is involved in the industry, it's amazing how much you get to see for free :)

I can't speak for others, but pride is a minor factor in my decision to pay for film. I try hard to avoid crap films period and even harder to avoid PAYING for a crap film if I absolutely must go (usually to placate friends). It has nothing to do with whatever convenient internet savy excuse you want to label me with. Voting with your dollars is a good habit all too rare these days.

And I don't eat fast food :)

So, these are the people they are making these trashy movies for then...

Yes, I am who these people are making trashy movies for (Although I didn't think Aliens, Alien, Predator, and Predator 2 were trashy. But hey, to each his own.) I've been a fan of Pred and Aliens since I was a lil' kid! I even collected the comics. How can you expect me not to go see a new one that comes out? And contrary to what you may think, I don't like trashy movies. Because of people like me, maybe someday they'll make a new Aliens, Predator, or AVP that ISN'T trashy.

Because of people paying for a trashy original, they're making a trashy sequel. Making a sequel worthy of Alien/Aliens or Predator is nowhere on anyone's radar; nor will it be and nor should it be. The trash makes the money, so there's no incentive at all to make more films that are anything other than trash.

99% of all movies made are trash. Haven't you ever lowered yourself enough to just have fun watching a trashy movie? If I ever decided to shirk all trash movies forever, I'd get bored cycling through the same 100 movie rotation indefinitely. Back in the 80's a whole lot of people were mad that they made a sequel to Alien. Compared to the artistry of the 1st, it's considered trashy by many yet I'm glad they made it; I love it. I disagree with you. I think making a sequel to Alien/Aliens and Predator that's worthy of the name SHOULD be on someone's radar. It can be done! It's just a shame that it probably won't be.

And that's the tragedy of surrendering judgement. Yes, most everything is crap. I've said so myself and I do honestly beleive it. But that doesn't mean you abandon choice nor the minority of good films in lieu of supporting even more trash, the existence of which is supposedly lamented. There is so much good film to be seen in spite of it's small percentage the true tragedy is that I won't be able to see it all. So why watch trash I know I won't like, why intentionally watch bad film at the expense of the good and why aren't others doing the same? I don't, I won't and you shouldn't.

As for Alien's supposed trashy perception back in the 80's, it's irrelevant since time has given worth and celebration to the film. No such fate will ever befall AVP.

A sequel worthy of Alien/Aliens and Predator is not on anyone's radar BECAUSE of the perpetuation of trash. No filmmaker should waste effort making a quality film when trash will do and no film studios will earn more profit year after year by making good movies when the trash sells just as well. We reap what we sow.

Edited by Mr March

Check this out. This screen grab shows the maskless Predator on the right ramming his wrist blade up through the chin of an Alien on the left. It looks like the Alien also has the predator mandibles. Guess that hybrid from the end of the last movie is still alive, or another one comes about.

post-168-1188238310_thumb.jpg

Because of people like me[/size], maybe someday they'll make a new Aliens, Predator, or AVP that ISN'T trashy.

So, you're saying that if you had gone to a restaurant that used to serve delicious food, but lately, had served only terrible food, you would continue to go there in the hopes that, someday, it would improve? The metaphor I'm using applies to both cases, since both of them, in order to handle their products, require strong stomachs.

..... Wow, nothing but pessimistic angry people around here I guess. I'll let you guys know if the movie was good or not once I see it after it comes out. The analogy of the restaurant is just lame. If nobody ever spent money on watching movies, then people wouldn't make good movies. What would be the point? There are exceptions, but the industry is set up to make $$$$$$. Good movies do filter through though, for chrissakes.

I might as well spill the beans and say the only Pred/Alien movie I don't own is Alien 3, because I thought it was boring. I'm on this thread because I hope this movie will be good, not to criticize it as sucking before I even get a chance to see it. Man this was the easiest way to make enemies on Mworld yet: defending the hope for the possiblity of AVP2 being good. And no, Mr. March, I'm not including you in the vitriolic crowd. Thanks for not accusing me of belonging to a race of evil sub-intelligent beings that are destroying the film industry as we know it by not spending every penny we make only on things that only you deem as cool. *cough* phyrox *cough* <_<

accusing me of belonging to a race of evil sub-intelligent beings that are destroying the film industry as we know it by not spending every penny we make only on things that only you deem as cool. *cough* phyrox *cough* <_<

you got all of that from my two sentences? I think you read a bit too much into them.

And no, Mr. March, I'm not including you in the vitriolic crowd. Thanks for not accusing me of belonging to a race of evil sub-intelligent beings that are destroying the film industry as we know it by not spending every penny we make only on things that only you deem as cool. *cough* phyrox *cough* <_<

If I may say so, be careful not to bring too much baggage into the debate. You may not be evil, but some may say you're a little bitter :)

As for supporting film, I think my devotion is self evident. I've likely seen more film than everyone in this thread combined (apologies to any other film geeks I may be overlooking) :)