Aliens Vs. Predator 2 Script and Movie Review

i still havent watched it, but the set Ive got says all 4 alien films are directors cuts.

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/798784

thats the set I got.

There is no "directors cut" for alien 3 and probably never will be, given the fact that the director had a major sh_.tfight with the studio over creative control of the film. I also think that for some reason (look it up, I can't remember why) that the "directors cut" of the original alien film was not what it puported to be.

Taksraven

Anything invovling the Colonial Marines. Both of the these films (and even the books) come down to one or two people battling on against the hordes. Set the next movie in the future and use the CMs to give the squishy humans a better chance and presence.

CORRECT ANSWER!

Thats all they have to do to make the franchise worth watching. It worked in the comics and it would work on the big screen. Thats why Predator 2 and aliens 3 and 4 sucked as well as far as I was concerned. Aliens killing defenceless humans is always the most boring crap.

Taksraven

What about an AVP film based around the short story from the first AVP film where they sort of give a 30 second back ground on the predators coming to Earth to use the humans as hosts for the aliens for their right of passage trials. You could let Mel Gibson direct and call it AVPocalypto! :p

Edited by Steve68

I think the best solution is to just not make any more AVP films at all. If the last one didn't show the absolute creative bankruptcy involved with the franchise then I don't know what will. And please, leave the poor USCM out of this. They may have gotten their collective asses kicked in Aliens, but at least they still have their dignity. Putting them in a theoretical AvP 3 will rob them of that.

Or put in Robocop. Aliens vs Predator vs Robocop. :rolleyes:

No more AVP please. Just... just let them go their own seperate ways.

But it makes me curious to see how Hollywood would a**rape the 2 franchises separately instead of them being in 1 convenient target.

I brought the Aliens DVD to work, so that our young applicants can watch stuff while they wait. Surprising how a 22 year old movie like Aliens still keeps people's attention, regardless of age :ph34r:

Edited by Warmaker

I brought the Aliens DVD to work, so that our young applicants can watch stuff while they wait. Surprising how a 22 year old movie like Aliens still keeps people's attention, regardless of age :ph34r:

X2

Aside from some obvious use of rear projection shots, there's really nothing dated about this film. Its just too bad that we'll never get a decent HD transfer without some serious digital surgery. Thanks for nothing, Kodak!

I think that both franchises are now well and truly screwed beyond repair. But don't worry, apparently Ms. Weaver is THINKING about doing another Alien film, like we need one.

Taksraven

• 2 weeks later...
I think that both franchises are now well and truly screwed beyond repair. But don't worry, apparently Ms. Weaver is THINKING about doing another Alien film, like we need one.

Taksraven

The best part is that she wants to do another one...without any aliens! :blink:

Ripley died in the third movie. She needs to just accept it and move on.

• 3 months later...