Aliens Vs. Predator 2 Script and Movie Review

?! This is the first time that this topic has appeared on my radar map... all I can say is: why can't they rip off the story from the first Dark Horse comics series that did the Aliens vs. Predator thing? That was the only good AvsP that I've read and seen since then!

Personally I think it's the lack of elements from the Alien series of films that ruins these projects...

:lol:

That was actually supposed to be Dutch Schaefer from Predator.

ugh... i just remembered that; absolutely terrible; they should've had Arnold do the voice for him, that way i could get a chuckle every time he said "i got it" instead of being pissed that he picked up my weapon.

Also taken from wikipedia

The game was based on an early draft script for the movie adaptation of the series and was intended to have been a tie-in to the movie. Although the draft script was later rejected in favor of a different script (As well as production problems that delayed the filming of the movie until it's completion in 2004), Capcom had already completed the game thinking that the film would be released around the time of the game's completion. The film never transpired and the game was later released as a stand-alone storyline to the series.

Which further supports that the next movie should be based on the arcade game

Edited by emajnthis

AVP is absolutely rubbish, hollywood likes to ruin things. Movies base on games and comics don't really translate well so we end up with a load of sh*te most of the time. Even if they get a good franchise going they drag it to the dumps with countless sequels like ALIEN, Star Wars, Terminator and so on.

• 5 months later...

Has anyone seen the DIRECT-TV commercial with Sigourney Weaver and the Alien Queen? Funny stuff. It's so new I haven't found it on the 'net, yet...

Actually Starcraft takes a lot of the idea from Warhammer 40, 000. The terrans remind me of the Space Marians. The Protoss remind me of Eldaar. And the zerg are like the Tyranids because they mutate. (or have evolved stages of growth)

FIXED!

Actually it all comes form the Starship Troopers novel...

And you can't really tell a movie from the Aliens side... it would be like, "yes the food comes! The food lets get it! Let's eat this one, and lay an egg in this one, yeah!"

Edited by lord_breetai

FIXED!

Actually it all comes form the Starship Troopers novel...

And you can't really tell a movie from the Aliens side... it would be like, "yes the food comes! The food lets get it! Let's eat this one, and lay an egg in this one, yeah!"

so far, more entertaining than the last 3 movies featuring xenomorphs.

• 2 weeks later...
?! This is the first time that this topic has appeared on my radar map... all I can say is: why can't they rip off the story from the first Dark Horse comics series that did the Aliens vs. Predator thing? That was the only good AvsP that I've read and seen since then!

Personally I think it's the lack of elements from the Alien series of films that ruins these projects...

Yes sir! That would have been the most logical thing to do IMO. I remember as a kid spending $25.00 (that was like all my money at the time, heh) on the whole set of AvP comics (4 Issues) when they first came out way back when. What a great story that was. If anyone hasn't read it, i def. and wholeheartedly recommend it.

Basically a group of Predators (most of them young and untrained) are hot on the heels of an Alien Queen and her brood as part of their rite of passage into full fledged Warriors and/or Hunters. The Alien ship crash lands on some distant Human Ranching/Mining Colony and they run amok. Meanwhile the Predator ship crash lands soon after with a number of the Predators dead and/or seriously injured including the most Senior Warrior/Hunter (The Instructor). The remaining Predators proceed to hunt down the Aliens and anything else that gets in their way and you get the idea. Don't want to give away the Good Stuff. Read it and wonder why in the world they didn't use this as a direct source material for the first Movie. If they did it seriously would have given Aliens the Movie a run for its money in regards to how good it could have been and i'm not making that up.

You got some of the details wrong, but ya, that is the only good AVP version out there (the game was fun, but not a good story, the movie was terrible...if it existed, which it didn't)

I figured i might have (it's been years since i read it last), i know i was leaving some stuff out not to give away too much of the story, but looking over it... i don't know... Was it why the Predators were following the Aliens? Or?

Edited by Veritas

If any of you are interested in the original Aliens vs. Predators series by Dark Horse, they recently released a compilation that includes the original and a few other stories in:

Aliens vs. Predator Omnibus for $24.95

Way better than the the movie. :lol:

Before, they only had a limited run that cost fairly major $$$.

They also released Aliens Omnibus as well. The only annoying thing (for me at least) is that the original Dark Horse Aliens comics used the characters Hicks and Newt, but because of what Fox did in Aliens 3, they changed the names in the compilation... <_<

You can also get them a bit cheaper on Amazon.com; that's where I bought them.

A Predator Omnibus is coming out later, but I don't recall the Dark Horse Predator series being good or not.

I figured i might have (it's been years since i read it last), i know i was leaving some stuff out not to give away too much of the story, but looking over it... i don't know... Was it why the Predators were following the Aliens? Or?

The Predators would seed planets with aliens by sending eggs in a pod. They had a captive queen for this. They seeded this human rancher world because humans had just arrived and the Predators didn't know about there arrival.

No one crashlanded on the planet, neither the Aliens nor the Predators.

The Preds ended up stranded, due to human interference, and the mass hosts available because of human ranching practices resulted in unexpectedly high Alien concentration, which ends up sucking lots for the humans, and for the preds.

Like I said, you weren't really off base, just in a few details.

And there were 5 issues. 0,1,2,3,4

zero was a sort of back story to the preds of the series, with a philosophical/moral discussion between the Lector crew providing a context of sorts.

They also released Aliens Omnibus as well. The only annoying thing (for me at least) is that the original Dark Horse Aliens comics used the characters Hicks and Newt, but because of what Fox did in Aliens 3, they changed the names in the compilation... <_<

Whoa, you've got to be kidding me! I am SOOO glad I never sold my originals. To think, the day has come when fiction based on far superior films are dumped just to satisfy the continuity of far lesser films. This kind of policy is a well proven formula for franchise destruction and eventual loss of income for the owners (Trek anyone?). Some studios never learn.

Whoa, you've got to be kidding me! I am SOOO glad I never sold my originals. To think, the day has come when fiction based on far superior films are dumped just to satisfy the continuity of far lesser films. This kind of policy is a well proven formula for franchise destruction and eventual loss of income for the owners (Trek anyone?). Some studios never learn.

I can't tell you how disgusted I was with Aliens 3. The beginning put me off so much but I still watched the rest (my Dad rented it). I enjoyed Alien and absolutely loved Aliens. But Aliens 3? They killed off 2 of the surviving characters from the previous movie. They kill off the girl they took tremendous risks to rescue, and they kill off Cpl Hicks, which really, really pissed me off!

It's too bad Alien 3 and the remaining Alien-related, lackluster films can't be disgarded in the same way Macross II is with the Macross universe. Yeah, this includes AvP.

As for AvP2 having a script... considering the last one, do they really need one?

Edited by Warmaker

Easy. It grows up to be a nice little Alien-Predator that fights like a Predator and moves like an Alien. He'll be able to use weapons. He'll wipe the floor against Aliens, Predators, and any hapless Human along the way.

Script finished.

Where's my paycheck?

• 4 weeks later...
I can't tell you how disgusted I was with Aliens 3. The beginning put me off so much but I still watched the rest (my Dad rented it). I enjoyed Alien and absolutely loved Aliens. But Aliens 3? They killed off 2 of the surviving characters from the previous movie. They kill off the girl they took tremendous risks to rescue, and they kill off Cpl Hicks, which really, really pissed me off!

It's too bad Alien 3 and the remaining Alien-related, lackluster films can't be disgarded in the same way Macross II is with the Macross universe. Yeah, this includes AvP.

As for AvP2 having a script... considering the last one, do they really need one?

I wish the same thing: dump Aliens 3 and up including AVP (like what they did with Superman).

well from looking at the trailer humans are good for one thing

and thats making their heads explode now thats funny. :lol:

I still don't think that humans need to be in a movie about aliens and predators

Well i guess this one's going to be missing that PG-13 rating by just a smidge. :blink:

Other than being set on Earth, this ones alot more similar to the events of the first AvP comic. Aliens and Predators crash land on planet and battle it out amongst each other, humans get in the way, body count rises... hilarity ensues.

Edited by Veritas

From someone who used to own every single AVP comic book ever made... the 1st movie was heart breakingly bad enough. If there's a 2nd one, I hope they might take the liberty of looking at some of the first AVP comics, which interestingly enough, came in compilations with other comic series.

"Dark Horse Presents" --- that was the name of those.

Edited by GutsAndCasca