Official Transformers Super Thread 3

You know if kawamori was allowed to do a line of alternator jets you might actually get your wish of a realistic f15. (no laser exposed on the outside)

Masterpiece is all about accuracy to the character in the show. I can forgive stuff like Prime not being a real truck for posability. I guess I am more a robot fan than vehicle authenticity fan.

More likely than not, since they needed an articulated heel joint, they made the engine nozzles articulated anyway.

Besides, unless they advertise it as 'REAL F-15 FOR FULL REALNESS FULFILLMENT YES!!', its not really an F-15 replica. More of an amalgamation of Unlicensed Jet Of Distinct But Not Legally Dubious Appearance with Robot. Just like 99% of Transformers, really.

Except, it's not. If you don't look at the belly, it's an F-15, 100%, far more than Boeing would require a license for. It's not CLOSE to an F-15, it's better than a lot of early "detailed replicas". Heck, it's closer than most wood or resin F-15 models you can buy for $300. It's got a lot of things right that brand-new-for-2006 diecast F-15 models screw up.

Adding fake cannons doesn't make it "not" an F-15. (poor grammar, but for emphasis)

Edited by David Hingtgen

Don't know. Aircraft manufacturers didn't start demanding licenses until years after car makers did. And there is (sometimes) kind of a grandfather clause----G1 seeker reissues didn't need a license AFAIK because they were identical to the previous ones from 1984, and MDC hadn't sought licenses back then (licensing was almost nonexistent then).

It'll be interesting to see what shows up on MP SS's box.

Seriously back in the 80`s how many prefered the TF series over rt and its was your No. 1 show.  (I was one  :)  )

403698[/snapback]

i was one of those, i prefered Transformers then GI Joe, after that it was a few different series like Robotech, Voltron, Mask and others.

Edited by zeo-mare

I don't ever recall watching Robotech in the 80's. My intro to Macross (in any form) was Macross Plus AFAIK.

Anyways, Transformers was THE show. Better than GI Joe, He-Man, Voltron, MASK, C.O.P.S. and Thundercats.

OK, here some of my are the reasons :

1- Vehicle variation.

2- Many robot characters, most of them are likable.

3- Excellent/Very good voice cast.

4- No awful narrator.

5- Catchy theme/bgm.

In late 80`s my fave shows were like this :

1- Transformers.

2- RT- New Generation.

3- RT- Macross saga ( I started to hate it).

4- Voltron Lion.

Is it just me or, does it appear that the seat in the cockpit of the MP-SS might somehow fold up into the cockpit? You can just see a seat in fighter mode but in robot mode it is gone, so do you think it pulls out, rotates up, what? If it rotates up then that is a cool gimmick, sort of like the VF-0, and in my mind makes MP-SS the unofficial VF-15.

Woohoo!! look what just arrived!! finally!!!

Ultra_Magnus_Small.jpg

UltraM_Bottom_Small.jpg

and it's a number 2 too!! So now I'm waiting for the regular version to come to me. I wonder what number I'ma get with that one...  :-D

hey... wrong color?

403910[/snapback]

nope, that one is the limited diaclone version. I ordered that one and the regular one. So I'm waiting on the regular one.

Is it just me or, does it appear that the seat in the cockpit of the MP-SS might somehow fold up into the cockpit?  You can just see a seat in fighter mode but in robot mode it is gone, so do you think it pulls out, rotates up, what?  If it rotates up then that is a cool gimmick, sort of like the VF-0, and in my mind makes MP-SS the unofficial VF-15.

403876[/snapback]

Coincidentally enough, its also the same scale(1/60) as the new VF-0 toy.

I think the seat rotates, mainly from comparing the prototype robot mode to the detailed schematic of jet mode we got. It looks like the whole glareshield/panel/seat rotates back 90 degrees, so that in robot mode you are seeing what is basically the cockpit forward bulkhead.

Why the hell does that police car have the Decipticon symbol pasted on it's sides?  I thought these were supposed to be robots in disguise...

404286[/snapback]

post-720-1149121346_thumb.png

Don't let the catchphrase fool you. They've never taken the "in disguise" part seriously.

If that tank was Megs, pls don't tell me the film company is using an old tank prop from XXX state of the union.

404309[/snapback]

It was in their contract with the prop designer. They have to use the tank in at least one half-decent movie.

Because it's a Decepticon! I got no respect for bots that don't have the ball bearings to show their allegiance. ;)

404298[/snapback]

Just for that I hope he doesn’t even transform. I hope he shows up and gets ripped a new one while he’s still in alt. mode. ;)

If that tank was Megs, pls don't tell me the film company is using an old tank prop from XXX state of the union.

404309[/snapback]

It was in their contract with the prop designer. They have to use the tank in at least one half-decent movie.

404315[/snapback]

Please don't tell me this movie is actually being made. :ph34r:

Edited by Veritas