Official Transformers Super Thread 3

shameless plug time.... my entire Tf collection is up for sale. i may add the THS- 01 and 02 if anyone is interested.

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=19315

chris

Black Lio Convoy featured in Beast Wars The Second (Japan only) and presumebly Black Big Convoy in Beast Wars Neo. As I understand, they were both evil clones.

In Armada, their version was Nemesis Prime, a body with shape shifting powers possess ed by Sideways, the Avatar of Unicron. Managed to blow half his face and his limbs off before he finally 'died'.

Black Lio Convoy  featured in Beast Wars The Second (Japan only) and presumebly Black Big Convoy in Beast Wars Neo. As I understand, they were both evil clones.

408341[/snapback]

Black Lio Convoy was indeed an evil clone of Lio Convoy. As I recall though, Black Big Convoy didn't show up in the BWNEO tv show only in the Manga - where he was a heroic clone of Big Convoy who led forces defending Seibertron. (As I recall, but it has been a long time since I saw the Neo Manga so I could be in error).

Karl

Black Big Convoy was Cybertron's guardian, he was good.

Black Convoy in RID/car robots was originally meant to be an autobot but gigatron scanned him before Fire Convoy could save him. Black Convoy originally was Fort Max' protector.

Btw maybe its just me, but I got fire convoy, then armada, then energon and then finally cybertron/galaxy force prime/convoy. Fire Convoy is awesome but truthfully in my case, perhaps because I had it for such a while, when I got cybertron Prime, I got more of a liking for cybertron prime than fire convoy. Fire convoy is definitely better than armada and energon prime, but cybertron prime to me was the one to finally top fire convoy.

The small things, like the working matrix chamber, more articulation, the folding mouth and head pieces and all really made me like it more. And I think he is more detailed than fire convoy.

But fire convoy is one tough cookie to beat, it was hard deciding if i liked it more than my g2 laser and black convoys.

Bringing up the movie again, i know nothing is yet official - but from what is 'known' in regards to the charachters alt modes - with regard to Megatron;

I read that his alt mode will be a cybertronian jet? Is anyone else thinking Cyclonus? Splice a bit of Megatron/Galvatron?Cyclonus - that would look very nice, me thinks. No?

New Titanium Jetfire test shot pics (most likely unfinished), judging by the fact it appears to be missing faction symbols.

As for movie Megs, they already did that with Energon Megatron/Galvatron, whose alt mode was a homage to both Cyclonus and Ravage's Transwarp Cruiser in Beast Wars. Who knows what they'll do for the movie.

Isn't that Skyfire?

Looks like something out of a classic shooter game like Raystorm, Thunderforce or something...

And now I know.

408225[/snapback]

And knowing is half the battle.

408231[/snapback]

Transformers did that as well you know, I've got them on my G1 1st season dvds B))

408658[/snapback]

Wow. And now we ALL know!

Its 6 inches tall, partially die-cast metal for $15USD. What more do you want?

Isn't that Skyfire?

408595[/snapback]

War Within Jetfire.

All new G1-universe and G1-related alternate universes have a combination Jetfire/Skyfire design.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Isn't that Skyfire?

408595[/snapback]

War Within Jetfire.

All new G1-universe and G1-related alternate universes have a combination Jetfire/Skyfire design.

408697[/snapback]

I want it not to look like the giant suck. I honestly don't care how small it is and if it was made out of pure gold.. if it looks like a piece of junk, i'm not going to bite.

That's not true. if it was solid gold and cost 15 bucks, I'd buy it. but only because it was solid gold.

I'm just not feeling Jetfire. The thin waist, stupidly visible (couldn't it have had a cover at least?) landing gear in bot mode and all the junk on his arms kills it for me. The jet mode looks cool though.

Isn't that Skyfire?

408595[/snapback]

War Within Jetfire.

408697[/snapback]

Ah.

Pity Skyfire's never had a proper toy.

But then, he never really got a lot of screentime, did he?

Same problem as most every jet TF besides the seekers:

It's about 5 times as thick as it should be from the side. It's a giant cube with wings and a nose stuck on. That is not a plane.

Chop off the bottom half, THEN it'll look like a plane. He's not one big better (and IMHO a whole lot worse) than the Aerialbots. Wings/nose/tail with a folded-up box-shaped robot that's 3x bigger than the rest of the alt mode hanging underneath. Looks good from above, horrible from the sides.

Energon Starscream was decent, among the best jet TF's in a while. While the kibble was large, it wasn't very "thick" and much of it could be the plane's fuselage, due to the F-22 design. And BM jetstorm--while it didn't really have a "jet" shape much, (just a bunch of fins) it didn't have 3/4 of the robot mode hanging below.

Slim.... that thing would be gi-fricken-gantic!

408802[/snapback]

true... and prime's trailer is easy to engineer, it's just a box on wheels... Magnus's trailer would be a engineering marvel riveling the MP-01 base unit itself.

Edited by GobotFool

Same problem as most every jet TF besides the seekers:

It's about 5 times as thick as it should be from the side.  It's a giant cube with wings and a nose stuck on.  That is not a plane.

Chop off the bottom half, THEN it'll look like a plane. 

Man, you took words out of my mouth. Couldn't agree more. Why is that evey single TF plane looks like a ship container with wings? They should change the line "Robots in Disguise" to something more appropriate like "Robots with folding parts"

The best recent jet tf was cybertron thundercracker.  But before that, Dreadwing/smokescreen and g2 jetfire/hooligan were the best. Actually thge g2 cyberjets were the best for some time.

408869[/snapback]

Yeah. That Thundercracker mold is all kinds of awesome. Pity it gets so much abuse from the fandom.

tc_sw.jpg

The best recent jet tf was cybertron thundercracker.  But before that, Dreadwing/smokescreen and g2 jetfire/hooligan were the best. Actually thge g2 cyberjets were the best for some time.

408869[/snapback]

Yeah. That Thundercracker mold is all kinds of awesome. Pity it gets so much abuse from the fandom.

408959[/snapback]

The only thing I did not like was that his attachement poins for his left arm and torso are not that secure. And his paint scheme could have been more elaborate...killer in g1 colors too!

Other than that I liked it better than energon starscream.

I generally really want my TF's to have 2 arms/hands. Even if poorly shaped/molded---G1 Brawl is OK by my standards. (heck, all the Combaticons, and most other G1 combiners are like that). But Cybetron TC has "top half of a Flanker" for an arm. And because of a GIMMICK.

Nothing I hate more than when some stupid "action firing" gimmick ruins an entire limb.

Headmasters and Targetmasters were about the only good gimmicks, as they didn't affect the transformation or sculpt at all.

I generally really want my TF's to have 2 arms/hands.  Even if poorly shaped/molded---G1 Brawl is OK by my standards.  (heck, all the Combaticons, and most other G1 combiners are like that).  But Cybetron TC has "top half of a Flanker" for an arm.  And because of a GIMMICK.

Nothing I hate more than when some stupid "action firing" gimmick ruins an entire limb. 

Headmasters and Targetmasters were about the only good gimmicks, as they didn't affect the transformation or sculpt at all.

408978[/snapback]

actually you could argue with the headmasters it helped the transformation as the removal of the head meant you no longer had to factor it into the transformation.

I generally really want my TF's to have 2 arms/hands.  Even if poorly shaped/molded---G1 Brawl is OK by my standards.  (heck, all the Combaticons, and most other G1 combiners are like that).   But Cybetron TC has "top half of a Flanker" for an arm.  And because of a GIMMICK.

408978[/snapback]

actually you could argue with the headmasters it helped the transformation as the removal of the head meant you no longer had to factor it into the transformation.

408985[/snapback]

And it became a PILOT too!!

And that my friends, is why headmasters were my all time faves. Piloted mecha over sentient forever!!

Has anyone been reading the new Transformer comics? Any good, or not worth the time? Sales numbers of them?

408990[/snapback]

Beast wars was good. Surprisingly it consists mostly of the obscure beast wars characters, some of whom never shown on the show! I am reading gijoe vs the transformers vol3 right now(the current one) and it is AWESOME! Art is by Udon. If you loved the tf cartoon, and the old gijoe cartoon, you'll feel right at home reading this. It doesnt follow a set continuity so even readers out of the loop can get into it without feeling lost.

I don't care to read infiltration, the artwork is doing nothing for me. Surprisingly a lot of people like Ej Su's work and started getting on me for not liking it much, I'm just not a big fan, the vehicles he draws are so bland an unaccurate, and well his work is just not dynamic enough to appeal to me. Now had it been James Raiz or Don Figueroa or Joe Ng drawing it, THEN I'd read it.

I've been wanting to check out GI Joe vs. Transformers. Is any one side the bad guys or is it more GI Joe/Autobots vs. Cobra(or other bad group/Cons?

I'd like to have a set continuity but not really a deal breaker. Just how long were each of the first two volumes though? Are we looking at perhaps an entire year of one cotinuity and then restarts or perhaps a few years and then restart? I mean is it long enough for characters to know and develop bonds before new volumes come out?

Thanks.

I generally really want my TF's to have 2 arms/hands.  Even if poorly shaped/molded---G1 Brawl is OK by my standards.  (heck, all the Combaticons, and most other G1 combiners are like that).  But Cybetron TC has "top half of a Flanker" for an arm.  And because of a GIMMICK.

*cries over the Energon Shockwave toy again*

408978[/snapback]

I only ever had one headmaster. Was the wolf-ish decepticon thing.

The transformation lock broke, so it was stuck in beast mode forever.

Edited by JB0

I generally really want my TF's to have 2 arms/hands.  Even if poorly shaped/molded---G1 Brawl is OK by my standards.  (heck, all the Combaticons, and most other G1 combiners are like that).   But Cybetron TC has "top half of a Flanker" for an arm.  And because of a GIMMICK.

*cries over the Energon Shockwave toy again*

408978[/snapback]

I only ever had one headmaster. Was the wolf-ish decepticon thing.

The transformation lock broke, so it was stuck in beast mode forever.

409082[/snapback]

Only Powermasters had Transformation locks.