Official Transformers Super Thread 3

I generally really want my TF's to have 2 arms/hands.  Even if poorly shaped/molded---G1 Brawl is OK by my standards.  (heck, all the Combaticons, and most other G1 combiners are like that).  But Cybetron TC has "top half of a Flanker" for an arm.  And because of a GIMMICK.

Nothing I hate more than when some stupid "action firing" gimmick ruins an entire limb.

*cries over the Energon Shockwave toy again*

Headmasters and Targetmasters were about the only good gimmicks, as they didn't affect the transformation or sculpt at all.

408978[/snapback]

I only ever had one headmaster. Was the wolf-ish decepticon thing.

The transformation lock broke, so it was stuck in beast mode forever.

409082[/snapback]

Only Powermasters had Transformation locks.

409094[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure my headmaster did too, though I no longer have the manual to prove it.

LOL! I never remmebered that fangry toy. Strange that it doesn't have the tech stats like the other headmasters.

409431[/snapback]

On the toy?

It does. Without even a flip-down cover plate over it.

Even as a kid that struck me as stupid. "Wait... do they WANT the autobots to know what their weaknesses are?"

I remember the Masters lines well...my pride and joy is still my original Fortress Maximus. My dad, upon seeing me open it for the first time, shook his head and said "Jesus Christ."

I always liked the Targetmasters, though...Triggerhappy and Pointblank were my two favorites.

He's one of the centerpieces of my collection, that's for sure. I've got a few Japanese-only releases that are pretty prized as well too, though...Victory Saber, DesZaras, Overlord, Dai Atlas, and Brave Maximus.

Mystery of G1 - Early Autobots were generally more heavily armed than Decepticons.

Most Decepticons had a non-firing rifle and/or a sword.

Most Autobots had a rifle and one or two firing rocket launchers. And they outnumbered the Decepticons, too.

The two Autobot scientists, Perceptor and Jetfire, are also heavily armed too. Jetfire has the Super Valk FAST pack, while Percy has a rifle, launcher with 3 missiles, and his shoulder magnifiying lense is considered a cannon.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

<_< That is what always bothered me of the Autobot being "outnumbered" during the battle of Autobot City in the movie, was the outnumbered part supposed to be because of several dozen insecticon clones? :huh:

I think it was because the Decepticons threw all of their 1984 and some of their 1985 bots into the battle, while the Autobots had their forces divided.

Autobots

In City

Ultra Magnus

Springer "We're outnumbered!"

Arcee

Blaster - with Steeljaw, Eject, Rewind and Ramhorn

Perceptor

Grapple

Wheeljack (corpse seen)

Windcharger (corpse seen)

Slammer (white tank turret belonging to Metroplex, the latter of which is apparently a component of Autobot city, but never seen or mentioned in the movie).

Initially Outside the City

Hot Rod

Kup

Outside the City

Sunstreaker (later appears as Prime's shuttle co-pilot due to animation error)

Hound (later appears next to Prime due to animation error)

Huffer (is killed off screen and whose corpse is seen in 'Dark Awakening')

Bluestreak

On Shuttle

Ironhide (dead)

Ratchet (dead)

Prowl (dead)

Brawn (dead)

On Moonbase 1

Optimus Prime

Jazz

Cliffjumper

Grimlock

Slag

Sludge

Swoop

Snarl (seen VERY briefly)

Moonbase 2

Bumblebee & Spike

Decepticons who attacked Autobot City

Megatron

Starscream

Thundercracker

Skywarp

Soundwave - Rumble, Frenzy, Laserbeak, Ravage, Ratbat

Thrust

Ramjet

Dirge

Astrotrain

Blitzwing

Kickback

Shrapnel

Bombshell

Scrapper

Scavenger

Wideload

Mixmaster

Hook

Bonecrusher

Originally, it was storyboarded that Ultra Magnus was to have a scene where he drives up to Devastator carrying Tracks and several other expendable older G1 cars.

I think it was because the Decepticons threw all of their 1984 and some of their 1985 bots into the battle, while the Autobots had their forces divided.

Autobots

In City

Ultra Magnus

Springer "We're outnumbered!"

Arcee

Blaster - with Steeljaw, Eject, Rewind and Ramhorn

Perceptor

Grapple

Wheeljack (corpse seen)

Windcharger (corpse seen)

Slammer (white tank turret belonging to Metroplex, the latter of which is apparently a component of Autobot city, but never seen or mentioned in the movie).

Initially Outside the City

Hot Rod

Kup

Outside the City

Sunstreaker (later appears as Prime's shuttle co-pilot due to animation error)

Hound (later appears next to Prime due to animation error)

Huffer (is killed off screen and whose corpse is seen in 'Dark Awakening')

Bluestreak

On Shuttle

Ironhide (dead)

Ratchet (dead)

Prowl (dead)

Brawn (dead)

On Moonbase 1

Optimus Prime

Jazz

Cliffjumper

Grimlock

Slag

Sludge

Swoop

Snarl (seen VERY briefly)

Moonbase 2

Bumblebee & Spike

Decepticons who attacked Autobot City

Megatron

Starscream

Thundercracker

Skywarp

Soundwave - Rumble, Frenzy, Laserbeak, Ravage, Ratbat

Thrust

Ramjet

Dirge

Astrotrain

Blitzwing

Kickback

Shrapnel

Bombshell

Scrapper

Scavenger

Wideload

Mixmaster

Hook

Bonecrusher

Originally, it was storyboarded that Ultra Magnus was to have a scene where he drives up to Devastator carrying Tracks and several other expendable older G1 cars.

409780[/snapback]

Such a great movie.... (I think so anyway!) I hope the live action film is just as good if not better than the animated movie. That's probably wishfull thinking though...here's hoping!!!

I just always assumed more was going on in the movie than we actually saw. Like other Autobots and Decepticons fighting in the city that never actually appear onscreen. At the very least, more was probably intended to be shown, but was cut due to time or budget restrictions.

Case in point, one Decepticon who is never seen again does not equal an 'armada', when Unicron is recreating the injured Decepticons.

Wow, and I thought new suburban homes were the only things made out of old Cabbage Patch boxes.

I'm curious how much the basic shape of the box will change, because that test-package is just about the wonkiest box I've ever seen.

Wow, and I thought new suburban homes were the only things made out of old Cabbage Patch boxes. 

I'm curious how much the basic shape of the box will change, because that test-package is just about the wonkiest box I've ever seen.

409862[/snapback]

Same shape. It looks weird because of the angle - it has the same general shape as Cybertron Voyager/Mega class toys, but abit smaller, so the angle of the sides are more inclined.
hey, are these also going to be produced in Japan by tomy/takara as well? if so maybe we'll get a decently colored megs.

409872[/snapback]

Takara haven't even acknowledged that these toys exist. They claimed to be taking a break from mainline (low-cost mass-production) Transformers in 2006, and Cybertron/Galaxy Force was the last joint line for them. Essentially Hasbro and Takara's relationship is back to where it was before - Hasbro designs toys for the US Transformers lines that Takara engineers, but Takara may or may not ever release them in their own markets.

Hell, aside from one solitary press release in late 2004 where Takara's president claimed to be excited about the prospect of a motion picture, Takara don't appear to acknowledge the movie, either. The japanese fandom is curious about the movie, but have little information about it in their own country.

Its different. Look at the stuff on the sides of his waist, new crotch, new lower arms, new null rays, new legs.

SydneyY of the TFW2005.com boards said that according to the article, Kawamori suggested a few alterations and they changed the model accordingly. Apparently those waist/former leg parts are altered so that they "can be moved to the waist", whatever that means.

I am not sure I like the way he moved the kibble on the sides of the legs to around SS's waist - this rather defeats the purpose of making a Masterpiece G1 Starscream if they are willing to make such drastic changes to Starscream's design.

On the other hand, the plane looks great. Robot looks more kibbly :(

Tformers.com has another scan up of MP Starscream's prototype.  Nothing really new revealed, but it still looks cool.

http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=6127

410154[/snapback]

Thanks for the link!

Wow, they sure changed the design. New parts have been added plus the hip and lower legs are new!

Now the transformations leaves the tailfins attached to the hips instead of the feet... radically new transformation but I like it!

The underbelly of the plane mode looks way better now, everything is more tucked in thanks to the new leg design. The sides also look more rounded, look at the new parts added to the sides of the arms.

Its different. Look at the stuff on the sides of his waist, new crotch, new lower arms, new null rays, new legs.

SydneyY of the TFW2005.com boards said that according to the article, Kawamori suggested a few alterations and they changed the model accordingly. Apparently those waist/former leg parts are altered so that they "can be moved to the waist", whatever that means.

I am not sure I like the way he moved the kibble on the sides of the legs to around SS's waist - this rather defeats the purpose of making a Masterpiece G1 Starscream if they are willing to make such drastic changes to Starscream's design.

On the other hand, the plane looks great. Robot looks more kibbly :(

410161[/snapback]

They sure listen to Kawamori; those are pretty big changes made.

But Kawamori-san, why didn’t you batty about the pedestal neck!!... Damn your plain fetish :p

Now that you guys mention it, I do see the changes. Not sure I like the look of the new kibble at the waist area...but then again, I'll buy it no matter what. :D

I like the changes, makes him a little more valkish, those hip things are straight off the VF-19. Also, is it just me but with the improved underside it almost looks like they made it have CFTs, talk about valking it out.

I'm torn. I like everything about the changes other than the fact that it results in kibble. Maybe the extra bits can still be positioned by the legs.

Edited by eriku

I like the changes, makes him a little more valkish, those hip things are straight off the VF-19.  Also, is it just me but with the improved underside it almost looks like they made it have CFTs, talk about valking it out.

410176[/snapback]

Like I said, turning him into a valk is not to best way to represent the classic G1 form of an iconic Transformers character. Defeats the purpose if Kawamori is out to turn it into a personal fantasy variable F-15 that just happens to look like a Transformer.

The knees are double jointed, so its *possible* they can assume gerwalk configuration.

The new CFTs molding make the plane look much better - but now the arms are huge, made to look more huge because the legs are skinnier. Something about the robot proportions/aesthetics do not flow. They should stick with the boxy G1 style from the waste down.

The new CFTs molding make the plane look much better - but now the arms are huge, made to look more huge because the legs are skinnier. Something about the robot proportions/aesthetics do not flow. They should stick with the boxy G1 style from the waste down.

410264[/snapback]

I admit, I do like the thinner waist, and the larger arms make him more agressive, what I can't get over is the tail fins on the waist. That is just way to kibbly and I see no reason for it as I can't imagine it's needed to make this improved jet mode to work... Course the words "So they can be moved to the waist" makes me hope this may be just an optional configuration.