That and whether or not people like them has no factor when bringing all entries of a franchise together, you do not simply skip parts of history just because of some delusion that "nobody wants to mention them", it is highly selfish and unprofessional.

*cough*Macross 2*cough*

That and whether or not people like them has no factor when bringing all entries of a franchise together, you do not simply skip parts of history just because of some delusion that "nobody wants to mention them", it is highly selfish and unprofessional.

From what I've heard, "selfish and unprofessional" is a pretty good description of Tomino...

hey all, I already posted in the Collectors thread but the "What it's worth" seems to be kinda dead so hoping ya'll could help me.As a huge Gundam fan, I have a large amount of the Bandai DVDs in probably better shape than some unwrapped/unopened copies and was hoping some of the folks here could help determine the values of them. Amazon and Ebay have some outrageous prices considering the shows are out of print but the ranges vary so if I list some stuff can ya'll help determine some values? Please and Thank you.

Anime Legends Complete Collection - S-Cry-Ed

Anime Legends Complete Collection - Gundam 0079 Collection 1 & 2

Anime Legends Complete Collection - Gundam 08th MS Team

Anime Legends Complete Collection - Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket

Anime Legends Complete Collection - Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory

Anime Legends Complete Collection - Zeta Gundam Collection 1 & 2

Anime Movie Classics - Char's Counterattack

Anime Movie Classics - Gundam F91

Anime Legends Complete Collection - Gundam Wing Collection 1 & 2

Anime Movie Classics - Gundam Wing:Endless Waltz

Anime Legends Complete Collection - Gundam Seed Collection 1 & 2

Anime Legends Complete Collection - Gundam Seed:Destiny Collection 1 & 2

Gundam Seed:Destiny Final Plus

Gundam 00: Awakening of the Trailblazer Blu Ray

I also have several individual DVDs from the above mentioned series in great condition left over from before their respective collections were released. Like I said, all discs are no scratches original packages and TBH probably better than a lot of new copies that have sat in storage. If pictures help I can add those too.

I finished watching Gundam Fighter G. A ton of fun and a bunch of characters you actually come to cheer for national stereotypes be damned. And one of the finest love confession scenes ever.

Now every time I get a "wishy/washy cannot commit to a girl male lead character" ending in a romance series, I'll just flip on episode 49 of G and watch Domon's confession to Rain.

I just want to run around town doing the epic quote while giving burning fingers to everyone with the music playing in the background. I wish I has given this a chance so long ago. Now I love it

hey all, I already posted in the Collectors thread but the "What it's worth" seems to be kinda dead so hoping ya'll could help me.As a huge Gundam fan, I have a large amount of the Bandai DVDs in probably better shape than some unwrapped/unopened copies and was hoping some of the folks here could help determine the values of them. Amazon and Ebay have some outrageous prices considering the shows are out of print but the ranges vary so if I list some stuff can ya'll help determine some values? Please and Thank you.

Anime Legends Complete Collection - S-Cry-Ed

Anime Legends Complete Collection - Gundam 0079 Collection 1 & 2

Anime Legends Complete Collection - Gundam 08th MS Team

Anime Legends Complete Collection - Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket

Anime Legends Complete Collection - Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory

Anime Legends Complete Collection - Zeta Gundam Collection 1 & 2

Anime Movie Classics - Char's Counterattack

Anime Movie Classics - Gundam F91

Anime Legends Complete Collection - Gundam Wing Collection 1 & 2

Anime Movie Classics - Gundam Wing:Endless Waltz

Anime Legends Complete Collection - Gundam Seed Collection 1 & 2

Anime Legends Complete Collection - Gundam Seed:Destiny Collection 1 & 2

Gundam Seed:Destiny Final Plus

Gundam 00: Awakening of the Trailblazer Blu Ray

I also have several individual DVDs from the above mentioned series in great condition left over from before their respective collections were released. Like I said, all discs are no scratches original packages and TBH probably better than a lot of new copies that have sat in storage. If pictures help I can add those too.

lol, unopened unwatched Bandai discs worth absolutely nofhing due to the high defect rate.

I actually know quite a few people who had a lot of scratched discs in (then) new box sets. They would buy them and the when they got them, the discs would be loose and just bouncing around in there. Sucks to open a set and disc 4 is scratched and what not or the coors are faded on the cover.

I'd like to see both Crossbone Gundam and Hathaway's Flash. I also would like Gundam Seed Astray get an animated version since it's so much better than Seed, Destiny.

Edited by Spacerat53

I'd like to see both Crossbone Gundam and Hathaway's Flash. I also would like Gundam Seed Astray get an animated version since it's so much better than Seed, Destiny.

Don't know about the others, but I still have a Newtype issue from 1989 or thereabouts that claims that Sunrise passed on "Hathaway's Flash" because there wasn't enough action in it...

• 1 month later...

Bump.

So I finally watched Gundam SEED in it's entirety (HD remaster). Maybe My tastes have changed but It's not nearly as bad I remember it; tons of flaws to be sure but it was a perfectly OK series. There really isn't much to say that hasn't already been said in the last decade since the series aired, Although One thing that stood out to me is the number or randomly gory death scenes. Particularly how both the microwave bomb at Jaburo Alaska Base JOSH-A and the gamma ray burst weapon thing kill people by making them massively inflate then explode in a puff of blood. Also, when Toilet or whatever his name is gets killed by Athrun in episode 30, what was going on with that? When he get's hit by the shield it decapitates him without actually going anywhere near his neck, like the deceleration form the plane getting hit by the shield was enough to make his head fly off his body purely on inertia.

Oh, one other thing I didn't quite get: is Nicol supposed to be a guy or a girl? because his/her English voice actor is a guy, but in the Japanese dub it's a woman, and the subs I had constantly alternated between using He and she.

:edit:

Anyways, I'm on to Gundam SEED Desiny. So far, that's been kind of goofy. I'm only 5 episodes in and we've already got BS John Woo gun-play being used to steal Gundams and giant bombs the size of mobile suits that have massive full face number pads with keys taller than a person.

Edited by anime52k8

So I finally watched Gundam SEED in it's entirety (HD remaster). Maybe My tastes have changed but It's not nearly as bad I remember it; tons of flaws to be sure but it was a perfectly OK series. ...

SEED wasn't that bad. Especially for modernizing the Mobile Suit Gundam-concept.

Anyways, I'm on to Gundam SEED Desiny.

THIS is the one that brought the SEED-verse down several notches.

When I first watched Seed I loved it. Each time I'd rewatch however, my liking of it would continue to fall. Now it seems to be increasing. I like several of the characters but still feel Kira is way too soft. The animation was pleasant though ( minus the repetition). Destiny was a mess IMO. Speaking of the Seed verse, did Chiaki Mrosiawa e er pass her duties todo done else to get the film moving again or did they just cancel the thing?

I personally like SEED and Destiny (in the context of the shoe being aboit a failed attempt to attificially recreste Kira and the Archangel crew) but I like 00 a lot better as a retread. Especially with the whole "evil Amuro" thing going on. And hell, had it not been for tbat terrible movie, I was hoping that the story was leading up to being an official pre-U.C.

So, when does Destiny actually start to get bad? I mean, it feels slower than SEED and there's some silly stuff going on, but overall I

like it slightly better. I like the crew of the Minerva more than the original Archangel crew overall and even though shinn is a dick at least Athrun is around to deliver some much needed bright slaps.

So, when does Destiny actually start to get bad? I mean, it feels slower than SEED and there's some silly stuff going on, but overall I

like it slightly better. I like the crew of the Minerva more than the original Archangel crew overall and even though shinn is a dick at least Athrun is around to deliver some much needed bright slaps.

There a little more war-of-words in SEED Destiny. Athrun doesn't Bright-slap the boy enough. When it originally aired, Shinn came across to me as very Anakin-Skywalker-y to to me. It started to drag right around the time Freedom reappears then slowly started to look like SEED around the end of the 3rd arc.