Which Console? Part 2!

Gaijin

We are closer to launch of the next 2 big ones...has your answer changed?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. We are closer to launch of the next 2 big ones...has your answer changed?

• XBox 360
    • Sony Playstation 3
    • Nintendo Rev
    • I want more than one
    • Screw the new consoles, I love my Gameboy Advance

I haven't been that enamoured with the Call of Duty demos in the store, so it may be a rental for me

Trust me, I hated the demo. But I wound up buying the game anyway, and it turned out to easily be my favorite of the launch games.

I'm balls out on the PS3!

397182[/snapback]

Put your pants back on. You at least wait until you have a date with the girl before you start stripping.

397199[/snapback]

Or at least wait until you see/talk to/know about the girl. Getting excited about the PS3 at this point is just fanboy exuberance.

Just less then 24 hours to Sony's big press conference at the E3!

*shuts off the BS meter*

Thanks for the warning. Thing sent shrapnel everywhere last time they talked about hte PS3.

Though Nintendo's big conference isn't until Tuesday word has come out about the additional Wii capabilities for Twighlight Princess.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6149308.html

397601[/snapback]

Cool.

Would be cooler if it didn't sound almost like plagiarism of discussions back when the "Revolution" controller was revealed.

*shuts off the BS meter*

Thanks for the warning. Thing sent shrapnel everywhere last time they talked about hte PS3.

397604[/snapback]

I am hyped about the E3 starting up this week and of course things are starting off with the PS3. But don't get me wrong, I am still very skeptical on what is going to happen with the PS3 and even if it's going to make it out this year... the first Blu-Ray DVD's and players aren't hitting the US market until next month! And Sony thinks they can base a gaming system on a storage format which hasn't been released yet.

I'm balls out on the PS3!

397182[/snapback]

Put your pants back on. You at least wait until you have a date with the girl before you start stripping.

397199[/snapback]

I bet a year after he gets a date with a girl. I smell ps3 shortage like xbox360 but worst.

link

Bet 75 percent would go to the famous celbs and rest to the unknowns to fight for themselves to get one.

i think that's the stupidest thing a company can do, give a bunch of their systems to celebs. the freaking celebs can buy it off ebay, they have enough $$$.

The rest of the massess is what you should want to be happy! What does a friggin' celeb want a game system for anyways. Most probably didn't open it.

If Sony is doing worldwide launch, then don't give away any systems, sell them to the people!

ok, i'm going to bed now.

g'nite!

Hmm, that's interesting...

I've seen BD-Rs for sale, and I'd just sort of ASSUMED the PC drives were available already. But I just checked, and it seems only the media has shipped.

i think that's the stupidest thing a company can do, give a bunch of their systems to celebs.  the freaking celebs can buy it off ebay, they have enough $$$.

The rest of the massess is what you should want to be happy!  What does a friggin' celeb want a game system for anyways.  Most probably didn't open it.

It's marketing.

People seem to think that if famous person X does something, it's worth noticing, and if famous person X says something, they know what they're talking about.

So if famous person X has a PS3, that means the PS3 is worth having.

People are dumb.

Edited by JB0

Aye, They did the same thing with the 360. Paris hilton and Snoop dog got one at the launch without needing to reserve one and I doubt they paid for it, Having snoop dog praise xbox alone helped M$ get the ball going. Theres tons of kids that likes to follow their rap idols including what system to play and theres alot of artist out there.

i think that's the stupidest thing a company can do, give a bunch of their systems to celebs.  the freaking celebs can buy it off ebay, they have enough $$$.

The rest of the massess is what you should want to be happy!  What does a friggin' celeb want a game system for anyways.  Most probably didn't open it.

If Sony is doing worldwide launch, then don't give away any systems, sell them to the people!

ok, i'm going to bed now.

g'nite!

397623[/snapback]

Well imagine if they gave away a few to the regular joes - half would be on E-bay in 3 min. :lol:

Well THAT was unexpected.  SquareEnix announces FF 13 for PS3.  Yes, 13, not 12. 

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6149412.html  (scroll down to 2PM)

I'm interested--more by that that 12 certainly.

397813[/snapback]

Well, it looks like the PS3 is official the Fanboy Console of Choice. Sony fanboys and FF fanboys (and girls)... unite!

I guess I'm still waiting for the good E3 news. I mean, they showed FFXII at last year's E3 (if not earlier), and we're still waiting on it. Something tells me that buy the time FFXIII comes out, I might actually be interested.

Wow, for the price of one 60GB PS3, you can buy TWO Xbox 360 basic packages!

I don't know how Sony is going to justify this one to parents, who will most likely just go to Nintendo or MS now. To them, they could care less what the difference is between the Wii, Xbox 360 or PS3 - only the price. Then again, you could say Sony is pricing it for the diehard gamers, but at the price they are selling, do 18-25 year olds have THAT much expendable income?

I know that traditionally the meat of the gaming market was the parents buying game consoles as gifts, but what about lately? Has it swung so that hardcore gamers/techies are the more profitable chunk of the market? If so, then I could understand this pricing.

Edited by Seven

But hey, at least the Wiimote rip-off Dual Shock 3 comes free with it!

I can't believe Sony is using that garbage controller design AGAIN.

397879[/snapback]

DAMMIT!

All you bitchy little kids that threw a fit about the "batarang" have just RUINED the PS3. I hope you're all happy.

But hey, at least the Wiimote rip-off LOL! I wonder if any memeber here is rushing out to pre-order it ;;

Though I got the PS1 and 2 at their launches, I will pass up on the PS3 at launch. But in a few years after the system has really come down in price, I might get one then. For now, I am very happy with my 360 as my primary gaming console. Wii with its unique gameplay and possibly HUGE library of console game classics will likely be my second system in the year ahead.

Ever since the beginning of this year, I was pretty certain that the PS3 was going to be a minimum of $499 because of its Blu-Ray disc drive. Unfortunately Sony has forgoton that the PlayStation is suppose to primarily be a video game console. And Sony is at the disadvantage of trying to bash Blu-Ray over everyone's head instead of helping pass the ball along of an already existing, unifying standard (DVD). The PS3 looks like this generation's 3DO, though with a much bigger and better line up of games and developers. I foresee the 360 packages being cut by $50 to $100 this fall. Wii will very likely be announced at a launch price of $199 tomorrow. Nintendo and Microsoft are going to wrestle a larger chunk of the gaming market this time around.

As for the controller, I haven't seen the pictures yet, but I will give a thumbs up to Sony for keeping the Dual Shock intact. But I wonder if it's true that the rumble feature has been removed to accomidate its motion sensitive features.

Edited by Apollo Leader

Nintendo and Microsoft are going to wrestle a larger chunk of the gaming market this time around.

Yeah. History repeats, and Sony's been making all the mistakes of Atari, Nintendo, and Sega all over again.

As for the controller, I haven't seen the pictures yet, but I will give a thumbs up to Sony for keeping the Dual Shock intact. 

You don't need pics. Grab your existing DS1/2, and paint it silver.

And I'm going to have to break your thumb if you don't put it back down.

I think I like the boomerang version better...

I'd much prefer the vibration rather than the motion sensitive business...

$600? Not TOO bad. Hopefully this means there will be greater supply available.

No, not kidding. The BD drive justifies any increase over the 360. HDMI, bluetooth, etc are just icing on the cake. 60GB is also far superior to the drive my X360 premium came with.

Only the best for my 60" SXRD. :D

But seriously, though, I think MS should leave the 360 core right where it is, but the Premium SHOULD have an HD-DVD drive built in (not add-on) and a bigger hard drive. HDMI would be nice, too.

I thought Sony had to remove the vibration because of the lawsuit with immersive. They should have settled it out of court like Nintendo and Microsoft did. Microsoft owns part of immersive by the way, so Sony would have paid Microsoft indirectly

I'd much prefer the vibration rather than the motion sensitive business...

You're probably right it being related to the lawsuit. I think it was more due to any royalties and further losses they would take over each PS3 sold with those controllers.

I just don't think Sony gives a lick about Microsoft. Sony's real enemy in the PS3 endeavor is Toshiba...

And I'm going to have to break your thumb if you don't put it back down.

397901[/snapback]

***Quickly hides thumbs*** :D

I for the most part have liked Sony's family of controllers going back to the original 1994 design. The one thing I think they could change is the shoulder button arrangement so that R2 and L2 become triggers like on the Xbox1 and 360 controllers... after 5 months of heavy use, the 360 controller has become my most favorite controller of any system.

BTW, has anyone notice all the features that are left out of the $499 package?

I think I agree with you. I just love the 360's wireless controllers and the trigger design is much easier to use than the Dual Shocks... I really like the way the "bumpers" above the triggers click, too. ;)

Yeah, I can get the PS3 cheaper than that, but I really think I am going to pass on it. I'll be 30 when this thing hits, and I just don't think I should be spending that much money on something to play video games on.

Nintendo is looking more and more appealing all the time.