Which Console? Part 2!

Gaijin

We are closer to launch of the next 2 big ones...has your answer changed?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. We are closer to launch of the next 2 big ones...has your answer changed?

• XBox 360
    • Sony Playstation 3
    • Nintendo Rev
    • I want more than one
    • Screw the new consoles, I love my Gameboy Advance

Continued from the old thread.

Some more shots from GDC of PS3:

Motorstorm Menu:

12751motorstorm5rk.jpg

Lair from Factor5 (Rogue Squadron on Gamecube fame ):

lair3mh.jpg

Car Demo from upcoming PS3 game unk title:

12751vehicledemo7fq.jpg

The Getaway:

12751thegetaway2on.jpg

PS3 User interface shot:

12751interface10kh.jpg

Formula 1 with Video menu Online:

12751interface21ly.jpg

Edited by Gaijin

Pretty much all my consoles were bought just because a Macross game was released for them (although of course I do play other games). So unless a really sh*t hot new Macross game is released for the next gen consoles I won't be buying them.

Heck, I've still got a ton of games to finish on the PS2. Still playing though RE4 and haven't even started on Ace Combat 5 yet, despite buying it when it was first released.

Graham

I've beeing saying for years "If the PS3 plays imports out of the box with no modifications, I'll buy on launch."Now I may have to! The prospect of playing a next gen Gundam Vs game internationally online, plus MGS4, 'nuff said.

Sweet in-game footage of Motorstorm

motorstormshame_small.jpg

Sweet video of what Sony said PS3 games would look like at last years E3

motorstormlie.jpg

(thanks to UK:R)

Video of people you're competing against in online gaming is really, really stupid. It's bad enough with XBox Live where I shout every obscenity I possibly can to annoy fellow Halo 2 players. Give me a video feed and I guarantee you will see nudity and/or other disgusting stuff.

Furthermore, I'd rather not have to look at depressing online mongoloid's depressing faces while playing my underwhelming launch titles.

I'll buy a PS3 when I see a real must-have game. And pretty demos are NOT games.

Sadly, MGS4 is actually not a must-have game for me. I never even played 3. And since God of War 2 will be for PS2 (not to mention I'm already envisioning what next-gen Disc Read Error screens will look like), I'm thinking to give it a year or so before I dive into the PS3. If I hadn't already bought a 360, it might have been different, but I have a feeling that a lot of games are going to be multi-platform anyway. I'm content for now.

Besides, I doubt I'll have the money for a PS3, because come 2007 it'll be time for me to build a new PC.

The Revolution, on the other hand, doesn't seem like a bad deal. Nintendo's trying a gimmick, sure, but that paid off in spades for the DS. Backwards compatibility with the Gamecube, plus the virutal console providing a library of NES, SNES, Genesis, TG16, and N64 games means that there's sure to be something to play on it. Plus, I can see it clocking in at under $200. At that price, I'll take a chance on Nintendo.

In any case, it looks like we'll have a good E3 this year. Maybe we'll start to see actual games for the PS3 and Revolution... and some 360 games besides Call of Duty and Elder Scrolls.

Video of people you're competing against in online gaming is really, really stupid. It's bad enough with XBox Live where I shout every obscenity I possibly can to annoy fellow Halo 2 players. Give me a video feed and I guarantee you will see nudity and/or other disgusting stuff.

Furthermore, I'd rather not have to look at depressing online mongoloid's depressing faces while playing my underwhelming launch titles.

384957[/snapback]

I'll second that. Last thing I want to see is some dude showing starfish up to his eyetoy.

For me, the console is game-dependant, simply a means to an end. If I could play console games without a console, I'd never buy one again. Unfortunately, classic gaming is the boundary of emulation :)

Regardless, I've no love or loyalty to any console and the technical differences between same-generation consoles are marginally incremental at best. Speed, storage space, disc format....these things don't concern me. What concerns me is a killer game. If some game company produces Castlevania Symphony of the Night, I buy a Playstation. Halo comes round, I buy an X-Box. Half-Life 2 is released and I upgrade my computer :)

So far, the Nintendo Revolution, the Playstation 3, and the X-Box 360 press releases have done nothing to inspire me. If Bungie ever gets off their backsides and produces Halo 3, they'll have made a buyer out of me.

I tend to agree. The Revolution mainly has me interested because of it's controller and price point, but that's still too early to say. The 360 isn't too shabby, but pretty much every game out for it that I have any interest in, is also out for the PC, and better on the PC.

I don't doubt that the PS3 will have the best graphics of this coming generation. I'll be dissapointed if it doesn't. I just can't get excited about Sony tech demos anymore, and I suspect the difference in the quality of graphics won't be quite as apparent as the hype suggests.

Something that also affects my view of the coming generation is also how little I game at home these days. That makes cost even more important, as I'm less likely to spend more for a system I'm not likely to play that much.

We'll see, though.

Be interesting to see what direction the new poll goes...

384838[/snapback]

That's why I added it...I think Nintendo will get a few more votes this time around.

384839[/snapback]

Yeah I was way too distracted by AgentOne last time.

So is there ANY videos or demo at GDC for upcoming Revolution games?!

Revolution rumored to be named "Go."

Fans hope it doesn't stick.

385177[/snapback]

LOL

It's fine by me. I mean it makes sense, right? I wouldn't be able to come up with anything better.

My question is: Why is the Go's logo made up of the symbol for 10?

384838[/snapback]

That's why I added it...I think Nintendo will get a few more votes this time around.

384839[/snapback]

385180[/snapback]

Nope. We'll see something at E3 since they too are launching this year. No one seems interested in the fact that Nintendo still showed nothing yet other than a slightly revised rev controller; instead people are harping on Sony being close to launch this year and when we'll get playable demos.

Go figure.

384838[/snapback]

384839[/snapback]

385180[/snapback]

Nope. We'll see something at E3 since they too are launching this year. No one seems interested in the fact that Nintendo still showed nothing yet other than a slightly revised rev controller; instead people are harping on Sony being close to launch this year and when we'll get playable demos.

Go figure.

385187[/snapback]

Problem with Sony is they're really pushing the graphics angle, but they pull so much bullshit that no one can't tell if it's real PS3 graphics or not without actually playing.

Nintendo isn't pushing the graphics angle. They're pushing control. And they HAVE run playable demos of that(the Rev hack of Prime 2, and several minigames).

384838[/snapback]

384839[/snapback]

385180[/snapback]

Go figure.

385187[/snapback]

Problem with Sony is they're really pushing the graphics angle, but they pull so much bullshit that no one can't tell if it's real PS3 graphics or not without actually playing.

Nintendo isn't pushing the graphics angle. They're pushing control. And they HAVE run playable demos of that(the Rev hack of Prime 2, and several minigames).

385195[/snapback]

Saw the old ones. The question was at this past GDC were there anything for upcoming Rev games. If there were videos and demos I must've blinked. :blink:

Unless you count the Prime 2 footage as placeholder for the Rev Metroid? :blink: From before GDC.

Edited by Gaijin

384838[/snapback]

384839[/snapback]

385180[/snapback]

Go figure.

385187[/snapback]

385195[/snapback]

Saw the old ones. The question was at this past GDC were there anything for upcoming Rev games. If there were videos and demos I must've blinked. :blink:

Unless you count the Prime 2 footage as placeholder for the Rev Metroid? :blink: From before GDC.

385197[/snapback]

I dunno.

I was just pointing out why people were all "playable plzkthx" for the PS3 and not the Rev. The Rev's already shown it's capable of what Nintendo promises. The PS3 hasn't yet.

http://www.geekblue.net/archives/2006/03/n...o_revolu_2.html

Revolution rumored to be named "Go."

Fans hope it doesn't stick.

385177[/snapback]

Isn't that rumor based on a photo of a chunk of a marketing thing?

My bet is that Go isn't refering to the Revolution hardware, but the virtual console software service that you use to download retro games.

My bet is that Go isn't refering to the Revolution hardware, but the virtual console software service that you use to download retro games.

385263[/snapback]

I was assuming the name "Go" was in reference to the fact that the Revolution will be the fifth console Nintendo has released.

PS3 for me and maybe a Revolution. I'm kinda down on Nintendo. My Gamecube hasn't been used in nearly a year and the N64 era was awful. Maybe I'll just buy a DS-lite when they come stateside for my Nintendo fix.

The X-box 360?? Never bought the original so why start now? :lol:

PS3 for me and maybe a Revolution. I'm kinda down on Nintendo. My Gamecube hasn't been used in nearly a year and the N64 era was awful.

385333[/snapback]

The 64 had it's share of cool games. Mario 64, The Zelda games, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and uh...uh...Excitebike 64! That was a cool motocross game and I HATE motocross games!