Official Macross Model Want List

Grayson72

I think it's safe to say that any of these kits would sell well (some slightly more than others perhaps). I believe it's up to the sculptor's to decide what they feel like creating at the moment.

The first post will be the master list and I will add to it new kits you guys suggest as well as post the number of kits wanted for any individual model.

Please post only models you'd seriously buy, not just ideas for models (hey you forgot that ship...)

Please be specific and do some research, cuz I'm not gonna do it for you.

Pics of what you're talking about are always helpful.

I'll start, come on everybody, here we go!

1/72 heavy & light Regult missile attachements (2)

1/72 Zentradi Scout pod (1)

1/72 Macross vehicles set: (4)

- M-299 Sugarfoot

- Petite Cola vending machine

- 6x6 APC

- Cherry Picker

- Generator Vehicle

- Aircraft Tow

1/72 VAB-3 Invader (1)

1/72 Glaug Booster (1)

1/72 VF-1 Platypus conversion (2)

1/72 VF-1 Stampede conversion (4)

1/48 VF-11 (2)

1/72 VF-0 Armoured Battroid (3)

1/72 Destroid Cheyenne (7)

1/72 Star Goose Shuttle (2)

1/72 VF-5000 Fighter (4)

1/72 GPB kit (for Hasegawa battroid) (5)

1/72 Missile Phalanx

1/72 Zentradi Fighter Pod (2)

1/1000 ARMD-01 (4)

1/20000 Picket ship (2)

1/72 Regult by Tyranus (reissue) (2)

1/72 Regult Tactical Scout pod (3)

1/72 Glaug (with detailed cockpit) (6)

1/72 Glaug Booster (1)

1/72 Kamjin (for Glaug, seated & standing) (3)

1/72 DYRL Nousjadeul-ger (3)

1/72 TV Nousjadeul-ger (2)

1/72 DYRL Queadluun-rau (3)

1/72 TV Quaedluun-Rau (2)

1/72 Cat´s Eye (a new one) (4)

1/72 OCTOS Amphibios Destroid (6)

1/72 VF-9 Gerwalk fixed pose model (3)

1/72 VF-9 Fighter fixed pose (6)

1/72 VF-9 Battroid (2)

1/72 Figure set with all the main characters and additional field personnel (2)

1/72 Phalanx (4)

1/72 Defender (4)

1/72 Tomahawk (6)

1/72 Spartan (4)

1/72 VF-3000 fighter (4)

1/72 VF-3000 battroid (2)

1/72 VF-17 fighter (4)

1/72 VF-2JA fighter (4)

1/72 VF-19kai (Fire Valkyrie) fighter (2)

1/72 RENEGADE POWER ARMOR (3)

1/72 Variable Glaug (fighter version) (5)

1/72 Standing Miria figure

1/72 VF-X-4 (3)

1/72 YF-19 Battroid (4)

1/72 YF-21 Battroid (5)

1/72 SV-51 Battroid (3)

1/72 VF-14 (fighter version) (3)

1/72 VF-14 battroid (2)

1/72 VF-16 (fighter version) (2)

1/72 MiM-31 Karyovin (fighter version) (2)

1/72 Comanchero (2)

1/72 Sea Sergeant (2)

1/72 Lancer II (reissue) (1)

1/72 Fan Liner (recast) (1)

1/400 Zentraedi Re-Entry Pod (2)

1/400 Zentraedi recovery vehicle (3)

1/72 Grand Cannon Facility (2)

1/72 VF-XX (2)

1/72 Avenger II (2)

1/72 Dragon II (2)

1/72 FL-200 Mistral (2)

1/72 VC-33 Mom's Kitchen (2)

1/72 RC-4E Rabbit (2)

1/72 Mac+ Drone (2)

1/72 VF-T-11 (2)

VF-1SR Attack Valkyrie (5)

Input taken from:

Grayson72

Honneamise

Bertt

SDF-1

Major Tom

Gabe Q

Alpha HX

LTSO

promethuem5

HWR MKII

mechaninac

Noyhauser

Penguin

darklord4

SAR

Viceland

Valkyrie

Edited by Grayson72

Remember to include the ones you'd want from the list as well as new additions.

Please specify if you want a TV or DYRL version or both.

Given this is Macrossworld I'm going to limit the list to Macross only items (no Robotech or other anime) especially since this list will be huge anyway.

This list is just a way to help prioritize which models might be produced and help the master sculptors narrow down which project to pick next.

I would assume if a sculptor did pick something they'd start it's own interest thread to garner the true interest.

Please pick or copy and paste from the list above and post it in message.

Be specific, "I'll take most of those" won't get your vote in.

Edited by Grayson72

What's that funky recovery vehicle that grabs the Cat Eye in the TV shaow and takes it back the flagship?

Or that little shuttle thing that does ship to shore runs in Budolza's comand ship.

The Macross Vehicles should include:

6x6 APC http://nanashino.macrossmecha.info/armor/6...ed_vehicle.html

M-299 http://nanashino.macrossmecha.info/support/m299.html

and the little tow motor I have seen around on these boards

Edited by Berttt

This thread is a good idea Chad, should add a great transparency to the needs and demands of the MW modelers. The only problem is, if I take a look at your list, I want almost all of them - and if I look at my wallet there´s barely enough for one kit! :( Of course they won´t be all made within a year so I dare to add some more. :D

Already on your list and "want them so badly I´d sell my warship collection to raise the money"-status (one of each):

-Zentradi Tactical Scout Pod (is there a difference to a "Zentradi Scout Pod BTW?)

-Destroid Cheyenne

-VF-5000 Fighter

-Cat´s Eye

-ARMD 1/1000

-Vehicles set (and I want it to contain a Petite Cola Vending machine! :lol: )

Not yet on your list but interesting in a way that I would buy them if they were available (all 1/72):

-OCTOS Destroid/Submarine

-VF-9 Gerwalk fixed pose model

-VF-9 Fighter fixed pose

-1/72 Figure set with all the main characters for posing them in front of their Valks

1/72 Glaug

1/72 Kamjin for Glaug

1/72 DYRL Nousjadeul-ger

1/72 DYRL or TV Quaedluun-Rau

1/72 GBP for Hasegawa

1/72 Phalanx

1/72 Defender

1/72 Tomahawk

1/72 Spartan

1/72 Macross vehicles set

I would also like some figures, but they would be pointless to specify at the moment. I guess. Oh well, just some main characters, DYRL versions for me though, could be busts or full figures...

Maybe just some general "figures" could be listed for now?

As stated in the "other" thread, I will tackle all the zentradi mecha. I would have continued doing baddies, but certain members *cough-cough* decided that my talents were needed on a certain UN-Spacy unit. :ph34r:

I will relish the day I tackle the Queadluunn-Rau. I know that I can totally put away the awful Club M version with one hand tied behind my back.

Glaug booster: oh great googly-moogly guys! We really need to do something about this obsession you have with gi-normous (50cm plus) sized kits :lol:

The Club M Q Rau had nice casting, but the way the detailing was done it's like... The model was sculpted with no soul. The shapes are very smooth, but lack character. I look at it and it reminds me of a resin-cast toy. To me, such a prominent mecha needs to have life breathed into it beyond mere shapes.

383597[/snapback]

Ok, I will wait for your version then. :lol:

In addition to Grayson72's list, I'd like to add

1/72 VF-3000 fighter

1/72 VF-17 fighter

1/72 VF-2JA fighter

1/72 VF-19kai (Fire Valkyrie) fighter

1/72 RENEGADE POWER ARMOR

http://www.steelfalcon.com/Macross/renegade.shtml

1/72 Variable Glaug (fighter version)

1/72 Octos VARIABLE AMPHIBIOUS DESTROID

Edited by Major Tom

I will relish the day I tackle the Queadluunn-Rau. I know that I can totally put away the awful Club M version with one hand tied behind my back.

383590[/snapback]

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind about this.

Here's my want list (All in 1/72 scale):

Glaug

Standing Kamjin figure

TV Quaedluun-Rau

Standing Miria figure

TV Nousjadeul-ger

Regult Scout

Regult Large & Small Missile

Fighter Pod

Phalanx

Defender

Tomahawk

Spartan

VF-X-4

383590[/snapback]

While I have no doubt in my mind you could do a better job Captian sir I'd rather have you do originals first prior to redoing kits that have already been done.

Like I'd hope you'd do a Nousjadeul-ger before redoing the Rau.

The first post will be the master list and I will add to it new kits you guys suggest as well as post the number of kits wanted for any individual model.

1/72 VF-0 Armoured Battroid (1)

1/72 Destroid Cheyenne (2)

1/72 GPB kit (for Hasegawa battroid) (2)

1/72 Glaug (with detailed cockpit) (3)

1/72 DYRL Nousjadeul-ger (2)

1/72 DYRL Queadluun-rau (1)

1/72 OCTOS Amphibios Destroid (3)

1/72 Variable Glaug (fighter version)  (2)

1/72 YF-19 Battroid (2)

1/72 YF-21 Battroid (2)

383571[/snapback]

Oops, count me in for the these too. I didnt know you were keeping a count on each kit. ^_^

You could basically count me in for anything Macross, Mac Plus, Mac Zero, and Mac II. I don't do Mac 7... even that is too cheesy for me. Keep in mind that I have a hard time paying over $150 for a 1/72nd scale kit.

1/72 VF-1 Platypus conversion

1/72 VF-1 Stampede conversion

1/48 VF-11

1/72 VF-0 Armoured Battroid

1/72 Destroid Cheyenne

1/72 Star Goose Shuttle

1/72 VF-5000 Fighter

1/72 GPB kit (for Hasegawa battroid)

1/72 Missile Phalanx

1/1000 ARMD-01

1/72 Regult by Tyranus (reissue)

1/72 Glaug (with detailed cockpit)

1/72 DYRL Queadluun-rau

1/72 Cat´s Eye (a new one)

1/72 OCTOS Amphibios Destroid

1/72 VF-9 Gerwalk fixed pose model

1/72 VF-9 Fighter fixed pose

1/72 Phalanx

1/72 Defender

1/72 Tomahawk

1/72 Spartan

1/72 VF-3000 fighter

1/72 VF-2JA fighter

1/72 RENEGADE POWER ARMOR

1/72 Variable Glaug (fighter version)

1/72 VF-X-4

1/72 YF-19 Battroid

1/72 YF-21 Battroid

Edited by Less than Super Ostrich

Count on me for the most of this items... but remember than many of us can't waste so much money in our hobbies.

By example, I'll can't purchase more than 1 kit every one or two months.

In fact, I have other hobbies, like my Marvel comic-books collection, and my Marvel Statues & Bust collection (next month I'll must to pay the Sideshow Dr. Doom Statue... almost US$400!!) :blink:

However, Macross items are priority for me, but I must take care my pocket, I have a Home to support... :(

I would save up money for a long time if a Destroid Cheyanne was released... However, while I know that 1/72 is you guys's fetish scale, I would absolutely KILL for a set of 1/60 Destroids (all of them) and would buy LOTS of them to use as Macross Destroids and the Battletech designs (1/60 aka 28mm scale is my new thing)

I wouldn't worry so much about how many kits are going to be produced at once. The Monster kit has been over a year in the making. There was a six month hiatus on John's last two models and the Ghost approaching six months to produce as well.

This list is just a way to help prioritize which models might be produced and help the master sculptors narrow down which project to pick next.

I would assume if they did pic something they'd start it's own interest thread to garner the true interest.

not to open up a can of worms... but what modeler ever modeled in 1/60th scale? I can honestly say that I think an odd scale would be a big mistake.

383688[/snapback]

Isn't 1/60 popular with Gundam models? which are like toys to me.

I think a new set of all the 1/72 destroids would be great to go with the Hase 1/72 VF1 fighter and battroid kits. Also i would like to add a SV-51 Battroid, gotta love the space pope. Also a 1/72 Cheyenne.

A 1/72 cats eye with better detail and sharper molding would be good. Also more of the support vehicles like the flatbed to haul around dead destroids and maybe some general maintenance vehicles.

not to open up a can of worms... but what modeler ever modeled in 1/60th scale? I can honestly say that I think an odd scale would be a big mistake.

383688[/snapback]

Anyone who plays tabletop wargames, basically - 28mm scale (the scale Games Workshop pretend that all their figures are, just to cite the most common example) is roughly 1/60th. I've got at least one 1/60th scratchbuild in my longterm plan for use with Heavy Gear melee scale rules.

...which is why everyone should play 25mm scale instead, since that's 1/72nd. ;-)

My choices, in no particular order of preference, are as follows:

1/72 VF-9 Fighter fixed pose

1/72 Tomahawk (articulated if possible)

1/72 VF-5000

1/72 VF-2JA

... and one that I didn't see on the list: 1/72 VF-2SS

I would also like the VF-11, but I'm still holding out hope that Hasegawa may come through on this one within the next couple of years.

My Personal choices (all in 1/72, stuff I'd buy in a heartbeat)

VF-1 Stampede Valk

VF-17 Fighter Mode

VF-9 Gerwalk fixed pose model OR

VF-9 Fighter fixed pose (Really, both are so similar that one would do me fine)

Figure set with all the main characters and additional field personnel

Stuff I'd like to see, but honestly I think will get made sometime in the future

YF-21 Battroid (I'd LOVE to see this, and not just the resin option kit, but its own sculpt, fully posable)

Hase GPB Conversion

VF-X-4

I was thinking of making my own VF-X-4. Looking at it, this might be one of the easier kitbashes possible. Much of it is basically a fast packed VF-1 rearranged. From what I can tell the only parts that would need crafting are the Leading edge nacelle assembies (that contain the arms) the wings (from the fusalage to the nacelles, and the stubby outboard wings). What would be cool (and easier to do) would be a option kit that could do this.

Anyone who plays tabletop wargames, basically - 28mm scale (the scale Games Workshop pretend that all their figures are, just to cite the most common example) is roughly 1/60th. I've got at least one 1/60th scratchbuild in my longterm plan for use with Heavy Gear melee scale rules.

...which is why everyone should play 25mm scale instead, since that's 1/72nd. ;-)

Pfft SAR, get with the program, 1/72 is a modeler's scale... for real men. Not pansy men with their little minatures they push across a board. :rolleyes:

Edited by Noyhauser

Well, since I'm just a sucker for all things fighter mode, I'd pay good money (what does that mean, anyway... is there such a thing as "bad money") for 1/72-scale fighter modes of the:

- VF-14

- VF-17

- VF-5000

- Neo or Variable Glaug

The VF-17 at least needs FAST packs as optional add-ons, so we can all buy two... one to model with FAST packs, and one without. :D

On a more speculative side, I'd also be interested if someone with some impressive creative juice did a model of what the VF-16 High Performance VF might look like. While I didn't care a lot for Mylene's VF-11 Kai, the delta wings on a VF-11 were kinda nifty, and as I recall they were from the VF-16.

I pretty much raided http://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/macross.htm for ideas...more of a dream wish list really

As noted earlier, completion of projects is pretty far between. I would definitely sign up for the following macross mecha as soon as a project got under way: (No particular order)

1/72 MiM-31 Karyovin (UF-14 Going off of Robotech RPG Books)

1/72 Comanchero

1/72 Sea Sergeant (with exploding option :p)

1/72 Lancer II recast/remaster

1/72 Fan Liner recast/remaster

1/72 Cat's Eye recast/remaster

1/1000 ARMD

1/20000 Picket ship (Small Yes, but matches the other scaled Zen ships)

small scale 1/400 Zentraedi Re-Entry Pod (scale may still be a bit big)

small scale 1/400 Zentraedi recovery vehicle (has to have closable claws to grasp a Cat's Eye ;))

1/72 Grand Cannon Facility

Other Macross items...

1/72 SV-51 Battroid (unless there is a Hasegawa on the way...)

Any scale VF-9 Fighter and battroid

Any scale VF-3000 Fighter and battroid

Any scale VF-14 Fighter and battroid

Any scale Octos

Any scale Cheyenne

Any scale Stampede

Any scale Star Crusader

Any Scale VF-XX

Any Scale Macross II Destroids

Closely related to Macross I think...

The destroids(including zentraedi pods) from the Sentinels RPG Book

The Inorganics from the Sentinels

Regeant in power armor from the sentinels

Robotech models...

1/72 Logan Guardian/Fighter

1/72 AJACS Battroid / Fighter

1/72 VHT Transport mode

1/72 VHT Battroid (So I can dump my clunky toy version)

1/72 VHT Guardian (ditto)

1/72 Southern cross security robot that Dana knocks over

1/12 Dana in Nurse Dress

1/12 Regis Model

1/1 Galant

Pfft SAR, get with the program, 1/72 is a modeler's scale... for real men. Not pansy men with their little minatures they push across a board.  :rolleyes:

Space Marines! Attack!

Count on me for the most of this items... but remember than many of us can't waste so much money in our hobbies.

By example, I'll can't purchase more than 1 kit every one or two months.

In fact, I have other hobbies, like my Marvel comic-books collection, and my Marvel Statues & Bust collection (next month I'll must to pay the Sideshow Dr. Doom Statue... almost US$400!!) :blink:

However, Macross items are priority for me, but I must take care my pocket, I have a Home to support... :(

383677[/snapback]

:lol:

Maybe two or three of these will get made within the next year... if we're lucky.

:lol:

...pansy men with their little minatures they push across a board.  :rolleyes:

383733[/snapback]

*cough*seen you on DP9 forums*cough* :p

But... well, figure people are like toy people, right? They don't need coddling, they need gateway drugs; conversion kits and custom paintjobs for toys lure the odd toy guy into the (wonderful!) world of modelling, 1/72nd gaming makes figure people buy kit tanks for their games with the chance they'll get hooked on the construction part. It's more or less how I got into kit modelling; I was kitbashing a Vyper jetbike in the days before GW had made one and it struck me that actually, I was enjoying the modelling part far more than the gaming part. ;-)

Anyway, back on topic - there are few Macross kits I'd want to express intent for, since I already have enough kits in styrene and resin to keep me going a year or more leaving aside scratchbuilds and sculpting entirely, so I wouldn't want to commit to much even if I might see a cool project that I hadn't previously considered and want to buy in anyway, but... well, a 1/72 Tomahawk detailed like the Captain's Regult has been detailed would score right on my wallet. I'd probably cough up for a nicely-done Glaug as well, but that seems more likely anyway given recent statements... ;-)

Uhm, is there anything that's appeared in the movies/series that we don't want as a model?

And how about some Super Dimension Century Orguss models?